Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[CP] Rachel vs. Carl

Im pretty new to Rachel, but I have no idea what to do vs Carl. If I try to zone he does fouco which eats all my projectiles and gets him in, and I find Rachel is a bit slow when trying to get out, so basically Nirvana eats all my zoning and I find I can't get anything going. help pls :(

my flowchart.

fullscreen. beat up on ada + make carl block a move/stop his approach

vs ada, 6b is the best poke, 5a is the safest. both interrupt ada or prevent moves. 5b/2b do damage but will not interrupt, not recommended. 6b, 5a, 5b are jcable/summon cancel, ABUSE the jc property.

her moves:

5d is fast (by doll terms), good range, gives carl time to get in

3d kills george, get ready to resummon

4d (MAIN) will interrupt your normals if close. not abe to be interrupted. dash away or block

8d/623d anti airs cover two angles, not as potent unless in corner

41236d (MAIN) is main approach. can be interrupted with 6b. if no time you must superjump. if blocked, mash 4.

46d (MAIN) longer reach than 5d and about as fast. don't try to beat, block it fullscreen only, or jump. not easy to visually see so be vigilant.

ada will eat all projectiles - george. save your physicals for her. make sure carl doesn't advance while you beat her up. proper use of pumpkin, george, tk 236a, and 236c will keep carl back.

what l posted -is- what you do in the neutral game. if you ask me its the only way to win this matchup unless you manage to corner him really fast.

here, watch my ft10 with psykotik's carl. its from cse but the idea is the same. this should do until l find another video from cp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5292Lfnq7_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMXHAXjuris&feature=youtu.be

(disclaimer: l feel appropriately embarassed for plugging in my own work.)