Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[CP] Rachel vs. Relius

Discuss the Relius matchup here.

This matchup seems to be a pain, summons will most likely get stuffed by Ignis.

pretty difficult, of course NO makes it look easy but this went from bad to worse.

pretty much need to stop ignis immediately once shes active or risk losing the round if you get hit. while a nuinsance to others, 22c really fucks up rachels gameplan. several of his moves which used to be horrible are now really good. like 214b which is unpunishable now iirc (ignis pushes herself back too far for rachel to dismiss her, leading into 50/50 4d 2d unless you run straight in... watch out for 22c). 214c is really crazy now, cant jump, MUST hit her or superjump, and trying to hit her on the ground, again loses to 22c or 22b. 214a is still good as a 1 second 'lol' button to rachel's projectiles which make a large pool of her moves.

so basicaly jump... jump like your life depended on it, and then stop jumping and anti air him when needed. avoid ignis at all costs. george isnt too great but may prove occasionally useful as a distraction. if you get him to block anything, get him to the corner and KILL. HIM.

I've seen Tetsuwo do interesting stuff like this and this.

N-O pretty much pokes Ignis with 6B, uses j.B a lot, blocks when he has to then oh shit Ignis meter is too low for a combo when he gets it, free way out, touches him once and he's dead. Fucking magic bro

The main issue I have in this MU is the Duo Bios mix-up. I try to block, but that just ends in my eating a high-low mix-up that feels like an unblockable. One idea I have is to simply fly up. However, I'm sure there will be times where that's not an option? Any tips?

duo bios should hardly factor into most matchups. most of the time you should be able to go over it, or jump or backdash and air tech and get out.