Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Hakumen VS Kokonoe: Don't Help Me, Professor Kokonoe!

Is it DLC? Where do I download it? I'd love it if my attacks didn't lose to everything so often.

Give counters to different moves. Like use Haku j.C against Kokonoe j.B, etc.

Otherwise it is just "don't get hit."

Just be sure to save 4 stars for Yukikaze so you can survive the black hole.

Is it DLC? Where do I download it? I'd love it if my attacks didn't lose to everything so often.

I'd expect that proper spacing would help out a lot. But you also have to know which attacks to use in which situations.

Just be sure to save 4 stars for Yukikaze so you can survive the black hole.

You can Yukikaze the blackhole? Haven't played the matchup but I heard that the setup is unblockable, and unblockable for me means Yukikaze and Akumetsu doesn't work against it.

You can Yukikaze the blackhole? Haven't played the matchup but I heard that the setup is unblockable, and unblockable for me means Yukikaze and Akumetsu doesn't work against it.

I've only done it once, but I don't remember there being a mine or anything to use. I countered the black hole with Yuki, which makes you rush out of the corner. It doesn't hit Brokonoe because she's invincible the entire time, but it gets you out. The black hole will try to suck you back in so I backdashed once or twice and let it draw me towards her until it ended and I counter hit her with 5C.

They must have used the 22b setup on you:

Can get out in certain situations - typically at fault of setup

• Litchi - All Terminals (632146C) - only works if the black hole is far enough - changed 6b setup will beat this and forward roll.
  • Hakuman/Jin - Yukikaze will get them out if you use 22b set up - but they're free to 6b/B Bunker set up.

Otherwise you eat the UB. Notice that there are certain ways to escape some setups listed in that post too (certain rolls, etc.) so familiarizing yourself with them will help.

People are still discovering things though so there might be other ways to deal with it as time goes on.

Also if you are somehow not right on top of the black hole when she does it, DO NOT JUMP, you will get sucked in instantly.

I was watching one match and the way it seems to work is when she creates the first little black hole in front of her, the big one appears where you were when the first one was made. I saw someone roll forward and live for about a second before getting sucked back in. If she's not putting mines or anything in your way, maybe roll forward and start hopping away?

Something new I've found out (or at least I don't think it's been mentioned), but Kokonoe's black hole doesn't move you if you're charging Shippu. A fully charged Shippu lasts just barely enough for the black hole to vanish, so maybe experimenting with that will work?

(Also, the FPS of the game plummets when you do this)

This also works versus magnets.

Something new I've found out (or at least I don't think it's been mentioned), but Kokonoe's black hole doesn't move you if you're charging Shippu. A fully charged Shippu lasts just barely enough for the black hole to vanish, so maybe experimenting with that will work?

(Also, the FPS of the game plummets when you do this)

This also works versus magnets.

Apparently it has a maximum range too.

Apparently it has a maximum range too.

I get the impression that it has a fixed range at which it spawns, about the distance between characters at round start. If the distance would push it outside the edge of the stage, it's at the edge of the stage instead. At least that's how it kept working for me in training mode.

Still no clue what to do about it when she does it on corner oki. Roll and buffer Shippu?

If she does it in the corner and isn't messing up then you are pretty much screwed. You will not be able to escape with the roll. The best you can do is just try to avoid getting placed in that situation.

Apparently you can Yukikaze out of her 22B setup but I haven't played Kokonoe enough to tell you what that means.

22B is the lightning burst. Since that hits before the black hole, you can Yukikaze the 22B and on activation it'll cross her up, putting you way out of reach of the super. After the super ends you get a free CH combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBpMqtNKVw8

They should just be doing the 236B 5C version on Haku anyways. He cannot get out of that one afaik.

I finally played a few matches against the Grimalkin, it feels like her normals while being pressured can be mashed to get herself out. They seem very fast also,

Agito>Kokonoe's 6a

I need help with this MU badly. Watching Tsujikawa beat Ciel and Film with ease is adding to my already dwindling hope for winning this MU.

Her drive really hurts Haku's (heck, everyone's) approach. I go to whiff punish things and get pulled away or towards the ground and get punished instead :(

I need help with this MU badly. Watching Tsujikawa beat Ciel and Film with ease is adding to my already dwindling hope for winning this MU.

Her drive really hurts Haku's (heck, everyone's) approach. I go to whiff punish things and get pulled away or towards the ground and get punished instead :(

I don't think I've been this frustrated with a MU since Nu in CT. I've reached the point where I'm considering subbing someone just to deal with Kokonoe matches.

I spam fullscreen Shippu on her every time I fight her. They can't resist setting up that fireball when they see the spacing.

So does cutting her fireballs help any?

Yes, or counter them, it's best to avoid blocking those things as much as possible. Or just flat out stay away from them.

Countering it sounds like a great idea since it gives you all those stars and forces Kokonoe to back off. But how can you time it right if the fireball is covering Hakumen up.

CAN YOU CUT HER DD FIREBALL ??? COZ IF SO ALL MY JEALOUSY
yes, it is a projectile therefore it can be cut. the bad news is bad movement = free to graviton