Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LegendaryRath

[BBCP] FT10s - Season 3.1 - Sat. 1/11/2014

If there's still time put me on this

-PSN ID: Kurotsuki-Scythe

-Character: Hazama,Azrael

-Region: West Coast,California

It's never too late! remember that if you guys want to play, and you aren't picked, feel free to set up your own matches. I can stream those after the schedules sets.

Ok now that the first vote will be over soon I'll sign up lol... just picked up the game.

PSN ID: StylishMarth

Character: Izayoi

Region: Midwest(Michigan)

Marth, you got a new PS3?!?!?! Great to hear.

Sure, why not. I'm interested as long as it doesn't end up happening during the 3v3s.

PSN ID: lBloodWolFl

Character: Nu

Region: Midwest(Indiana)

I created a poll where you guys can vote. If I notice that it is being abused, then I'll close it and start over. I can't remember if I mentioned it, but from now on, I would prefer if you guys only suggested one or two matchups. It is incredibly obvious when you guys abuse the suggestion form lol.

Here's the poll http://poll.pollcode.com/2982713

edit: forgot to update the title. It was still reading "accepting suggestions"

I'd also like to be on the list for the future pls.

PSN: RsquaredA2

Character: Bang/Makoto/Izayoi (TEAM JUSTICE)

Voting is now closed! Here are the results…

1st – 11 votes – OmniSScythe (Kagura) vs Psykotik (Carl)

2nd – 8 votes – OmniSScythe (Kagura) vs OmnixTSC (Hakumen)

3rd – 2 votes - Zeromus_X (MU) vs Dark Ranger88

3rd – 2 votes – Psykotik (CA) vs Zeromus (MU)

I aim to stream tomorrow night, (Saturday, 11/23). We’re planning on streaming OmniSScythe vs Psykotic around 5:30 or 6:00pm EST. I figure any other sets can take place afterwards, unless it conflicts with a player’s schedule.

I’m ok with running OmniSScythe vs Omnix since it got 2nd place by a large number but I’m leaving it up to Omni and Omnix, since Omni would have just played a set. Scheduling is already a bit tight for Psykotik, so it’s unlikely he can have his set Zeromus this time.

The plan for streaming is tomorrow night starting around 5:00-5:30pm EST to start setting up. I plan to start with Omni vs Psykotik, then run Zeromus vs Dark Ranger88, and if Omni is interested him vs OmnixTSC. Depending on how things are going and how late things run, I might keep the stream running longer so guys within the chat can set up their own First to 3s or 5s. I’ve done that before for persona and it was a lot of fun. Maybe an open lobby thing too. We’ll just see how things are running then.

Also, there’s no persona this week. Since this is my first time setting up BBCP, I want to focus on running it smoothly. In the future, I’ll be setting them both up simultaneously. I’ll also update each post with the other’s results, suggestions forms, and polls.

And finally, I'm looking for commentators! I've been asking some well known players, and might get someone knowledgable on the mic, but it might end up being hit or miss. I know nothing about Kagura, Carl, and the majority of the cast. Be forewarned, if it's just me, then don't expect any insight during matches. So if you are interested in commentating and you are knowledgable of one or both the characters on screen, let me know on Skype (LegendaryRath), here, or on twitter.

edit: Original post updated. I'm going to start contacting players and hopefully commentators.

I doubt I'll be able to be there at the start tomorrow. I've got some business on Skype that could take anywhere between 2 and 5 hours. (2:00-7:00 PM EST)

I'll try to be there as early as I can, though.

Thanks for the stream, Rath!

You can add me to the list of possible participants, too:

- bill307_ca

- Kagura

- Canada (Southern Ontario, Canada)

I'm ~3 hours drive Northeast of Detroit. Chicago, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia are all about the same distance from me.

is it too late to sign up? (ok, that's old. but really, is it?)

psn id: howling-_-moon

character: rachel, relius, kokonoe

region: NY EST

A suggestion: I only caught the final two FT10s, but you guys admitted straight away that you didn't know much about the Mu vs. Makoto matchup. In that case, it might be a good idea to make a smaller side-list of people who know the various characters, so you aren't floundering when a totally unfamiliar set like that one comes up again. I'll try to help if it's too much extra work.

Since I'd prefer to put my money where my mouth is, etc, I offer to commentate on Makoto matches in the future. Provided you aren't looking for big-name, popular players for commentary.

Updated the first post with the new signups. I'll start working on setting up the next set, which will either be a week before or after NEC. There's no point in competing with that lol.

Would it be less confusing for you guys if I made a new thread for each new set of FT10s, or should I keep one and simply update the title and main post's information? Thought I should ask for some opinions.

Nah, you should just stick to this thread. It'll clutter the Online section if threads are just being stacked.

USE CAPS NIGGA IT GETS PEOPLE'S ATTENTION ALL THE TIME [LIKE THIS]

Bet most people read that first.

CAPS ARE WONDERFUL. that along with BOLD and underline. Seriously that stuff is my best friend. I doubt everyone who looks at the main post actually reads all of it, so I make sure to move important things to the top, bold them, etc. I'm glad I've had some practice with persona before I went ahead with this thread.

aha my bad for the first time my job had me stay lol holidays man but it's over now so yea

PSN:Reaper180

Region New York

Character: Tsubaki/Izayoi

I think with the new people that signed up, we have every BB character listed except Terumi and Valkenhayn.