Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pssych

[P4AU] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

Welp, thanks to Colpevole...he discovered that jC can already be backdash/dash/etc cancelled.

Welp, thanks to Colpevole...he discovered that jC can already be backdash/dash/etc cancelled.

Actually, you can do that in P4A. It just needed to be a rising jc similar to elizabeth rising jb during command grab combos.

Whats up with ex run here?

http://youtu.be/FFDuGW7zCeY?t=2m15s

I'm not sure if its the startup of ex run that beats the startup on magarudyne.

Actually, you can do that in P4A. It just needed to be a rising jc similar to elizabeth rising jb during command grab combos.

Whats up with ex run here?

http://youtu.be/FFDuGW7zCeY?t=2m15s

I'm not sure if its the startup of ex run that beats the startup on magarudyne.

I posted something similar a few posts ago, looks like 236AB is proyectile-invencible again :D

I posted something similar a few posts ago, looks like 236AB is proyectile-invencible again :D

yea I saw your post, but I wanted to bring it up again. Ex run may be projectile invincible, but I think its properties may have been downgraded a bit.

Yosuke is looking pretty solid this time around

He has knockdown, can buff damage on normal bnbs using ex moves, and sukukaja is so much better now. :kitty:

Have you found out any frame data or anything for yosuke yet?

I WANNA DO SOME FULL SCREEN 5A SHIT!!

No, but Ringo recently contacted me on twitter and linked me his blog that's packed with info, including damage numbers.

A Kunai 393dmg (12hit), B Kunai 354dmg (11hit), SB Kunai 354dmg + poison (11hit)

A Cres 900dmg, B Cres 1100dmg, SB Moonsault 1300dmg

C Mirage Slash 1000dmg, D Mirage Slash 1500dmg

C V Slasher 600dmg, D V Slasher 1050dmg, SB V Slasher 1000dmg

Tentarafoo is still 700

C Garudyne 2790dmg, D Garudyne 3200dmg, SB Garudyne 3360dmg

C 'Shooting Star' (Suku Super) 2105dmg, D 'Shooting Star' 2420dmg SB 'Shooting Star' 2546dmg

This... B Crescent Slash now does more damage.... THIS IS A THING NOW!!

This... B Crescent Slash now does more damage.... THIS IS A THING NOW!!

what about dem SB moonsaults?! I can just do 3 of 'em at once, 5 slasher, then 3 more with NO TROUBLE...instant 18000 :P

No, but Ringo recently contacted me on twitter and linked me his blog that's packed with info, including damage numbers.

A Kunai 393dmg (12hit), B Kunai 354dmg (11hit), SB Kunai 354dmg + poison (11hit)

C Mirage Slash 1000dmg, D Mirage Slash 1500dmg

C V Slasher 600dmg, D V Slasher 1050dmg, SB V Slasher 1000dmg

Tentarafoo is still 700

C Garudyne 2790dmg, D Garudyne 3200dmg, SB Garudyne 3360dmg

C 'Shooting Star' (Suku Super) 2105dmg, D 'Shooting Star' 2420dmg SB 'Shooting Star' 2546dmg

Now we need to know the differences between the versions of each super and what makes the SB version of V Slasher "different".

Looks like you get a heat bonus for getting the first attack. And yosuke still gains meter real fast. In that link you posted he has full meter after 2 auto combos. I guess it makes sense why Jp yosukes always do his auto combo because you get easy meter and a knockdown.

I always thought yosuke was solid, just looks much better this time around.

He's always been good, just had some flaws, ASW fixed most of them.

He's always been good, just had some flaws, ASW fixed most of them.

also that hilarious glitch you have as your avatar...where's the source of that gif?

Yosuke being able to combo into Sukukaja is by far my favorite change (with V-slasher being a close second).

you could always go into suku mode from mirage slash.

now you have even more of a reason to use suku because of that 5a dance move

i really wish they changed the burst animation in this game to how it is in CP. so you cant just wait for someone to burst then block it.

lol felt bad for that Sho player.

im just now realizing that the kunai do like 2points of dmg now. lol they trolled yosuke with that one, but it's not that bad of a change i guess.

Lots of Yosuke news:

1:What's the differences with each version of Garudyne? (I know SB moves really fast, but anything else?)

C-Garudyne's startup is a little faster than the D's.(for about 2,3F?)

D-Garudyne's damage is a little higher than the C's.(Minimum damage C〆837dmg D〆960dmg SB〆993dmg)

SB-Garudyne is like C's startup plus D's damage+α (It really does much damage when you use it as a starter)

And SB-Garudyne auto-aims the opponent and you can not control yousuke during the SB-Garudyne. It's sort of like the 5A×5 Garudyne on P4A.

Also SB-Garudyne is sooo fast that you can punish many projectiles and other slow recovery moves after seeing them (for example, yu's 236C and Yukiko's 5B)

2:What's the differences with each version of Sukukaja? (Frames? Times?)

I don't know the actual data , but its like this.

startup&recovery frames SB<C<D

sukukaja time SB4sec<C6sec<D10sec

SB-suku frames are short, and it can be put into a combo from 2C. But I don't think it's worth spending 75% of the gauge on it, because you can do the same thing from the J2C〆.

And since you can extend your combo after J2C by D-suku, you actually don't have to use the C-suku either.

In p4a2's suku, you can cancel kunai(J2A,B) with moonsault and all the other air moves.

And the 5A changes to the throw motion of the p4a's ,and the startup is 5F, and the frame advantage is +1F(data from another yousuke player).

While you're forcing the opponent to guard the suku-5A,You can delay the 5A and do a ground crossup too.

It is very strong.

3:What's the differences with each version of the Sukukaja Super? (I don't really know what to call it in english yet)

It's probably 「Shippu-Shooting Star」 in English.

It can be used only during sukukaja, and using this will automatically end sukukaja mode.

You don't have to use the meter to do this except SB-Shooting Star(It costs 25%)

Here's a rough data

Startup C=SB<D

Damage C<D<SB (Minimum damage C〆837 D〆1012 SB〆1162)

Range C(about yu's cross slash)<D(almost from corner to corner)<SB(Same as D but moves a little faster)

As long as you don't use it as a starter, D-Shooting Star will do almost all the work.

Also, You won't suffer that much risk when it is guarded unless you use it too close (probably -1,2F or so)

4:What does SB V Slasher do? (Air 236CD)

It has an invincibility against projectiles when the V-Slasher activates(Probably from 15F~ or so)

But since the invincibility activates too slow and the Proration is way too heavy, it's useless so far.

5:Does j2CD recover faster now?

Probably, no.

But when J2D is guarded, yousuke goes though the opponent and goes away from it, making them hard to punish yousuke.

6:Max damage off j2C Fatal with Suku?

Max damage so far using suku in the combo

using 50%

CJ2C(fc)>2C>dl236B>j214D>dlJ2C>sc214214D>5AAAAA(>236B>B>214B>B)×2>J214214D〆

5914dmg -50% +20%

using 100%+burst

CJ2C(fc)>2C>dl236B>j214D>dlJ2C>sc236236D>OMB>214214D>5AAAAA(>236B>B>214B>B)×2>J214214D〆

7219dmg -100% +20%

Max damage during suku

no gauge

CJ2C(fc)>2C>dl236B>j214D>Jbdc>2B>5C>dc>5AAAAA(>236B>B>214B>B)×2>J214214D〆

about 5600

I haven't researched that much combo during suku. Sorry

7:Is 5B still +1?

Probably, yes.

But 5B can be dash-cancelled,and you need to be careful not to enter 66 too fast.

8:Overall thoughts on Kunai?

Although kunai's damage fell down to 200~300, kunai got stronger for my opinion.

I think Kunai's role is to break and stop the opponents persona and projectiles, and restrain oppnents moves, not to take damage.

And this efficiency got better due to the change of the way kunai goes.

It the change go along well the first attack heat bonus system added in p4a2 too.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22767311

One of Yosuke S-Hold bonuses seem to be Auto-Sukukaja

Can someone please explain ASW's thought process with Yosuke's DP? 500 damage, blockable, can't ko, can't super cancel, all we get is a knock down. I don't get what they were thinking with it, and the fact thay they didn't change it at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also catches anything and is active for days. I'm honestly surprised that someone would actually have any complaints about his F-action, it's probably one of the best in the game.