Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pssych

[P4AU] Yosuke Gameplay Discussion

It's actually after the A version. The B one will put Yosuke behind his opponent, which is mostly used for bnbs since it leads to V Slash > j.2C.

I isn't versed in dashes in this version.  Thank you for the correction though XD

Is it true that EX Run is no longer projectile invul???

Is it true that EX Run is no longer projectile invul???

No. Projectile invuln starts at frame 10, three frames faster than it did in Arena.

No. Projectile invuln starts at frame 10, three frames faster than it did in Arena.

Still, the distance it covers now is basically the same as 236A/B, so it isn't as good as before as the "anti-zoner" tool.

Still, the distance it covers now is basically the same as 236A/B, so it isn't as good as before as the "anti-zoner" tool.

Ah okay. So a mild nerf I suppose. Well at least it's still capable. I had thought I heard someone say it was losing invulnerability, that would have suuuuuucked. 

I'm okay with this due to the kunai buff though. well the range buff at least.

So, a few questions.

When is the ideal time to use Sukukaja? Is there a decent pressuring combo that can cancel into it? 

What should I do after using Sukukaja? More like setups, gimmicks, other things of that nature, and what exactly Sukukaja does.

Any tips for playing against Elisabeth, Mitsuru, and Teddy?

Any help appreciated.

So, a few questions.

When is the ideal time to use Sukukaja? Is there a decent pressuring combo that can cancel into it? 

What should I do after using Sukukaja? More like setups, gimmicks, other things of that nature, and what exactly Sukukaja does.

Any tips for playing against Elisabeth, Mitsuru, and Teddy?

Any help appreciated.

First off all, maybe you're asking this in the wrong thread? I mean, why would you want to know how to use P4U2 Yosuke if you can't even play it yet. :V

1) But anyway, I've seen a lot of Yosukes extend combos with Sukukaja right after the j.2C ender. This is not used in P4U since you can't really end combos with j.2C that often.

2) You should 5A. It opens up a lot of possibilities for Yosuke now and it's +1 on block. Sukukaja makes Yosuke faster overall, improving his dash and even walk speed. It also lets you use one more Air Action, lets you cancel more moves with a Jump, changes his 5AAA to his throw animation and allows Yosuke to use his new SP Skill, Hurricane Meteor. In P4U, 2C launches the opponent on hit, which you can follow up with Dash Springs or normal dash cancels.

3) Against Elizabeth, I'd say you should pressure her a lot once you get in, she doesn't really have anything to beat you there out of Awakening. Kunais helps a lot in neutral too, I guess. If you manage to Persona break her, go ham.

Against Mitsuru, I like to use a lot of sweep. It will beat her 5A and any Droit version. Be extra careful though, if her sweep beat yours, you take a fatal in P4U. Also, if she jumps and j.Bs you, you're going to eat a crouching combo and Mitsuru's are painful. Outside of that, watch out for her DP since it will beat your Glide attempts on pressure. 5D/j.D helps but be prepared to lose cards while using it.

Against Teddie, I didn't play this match-up enough as Yosuke to say anything helpful. :V

First off all, maybe you're asking this in the wrong thread? I mean, why would you want to know how to use P4U2 Yosuke if you can't even play it yet. :V

1) But anyway, I've seen a lot of Yosukes extend combos with Sukukaja right after the j.2C ender. This is not used in P4U since you can't really end combos with j.2C that often.

2) You should 5A. It opens up a lot of possibilities for Yosuke now and it's +1 on block. Sukukaja makes Yosuke faster overall, improving his dash and even walk speed. It also lets you use one more Air Action, lets you cancel more moves with a Jump, changes his 5AAA to his throw animation and allows Yosuke to use his new SP Skill, Hurricane Meteor. In P4U, 2C launches the opponent on hit, which you can follow up with Dash Springs or normal dash cancels.

3) Against Elizabeth, I'd say you should pressure her a lot once you get in, she doesn't really have anything to beat you there out of Awakening. Kunais helps a lot in neutral too, I guess. If you manage to Persona break her, go ham.

Against Mitsuru, I like to use a lot of sweep. It will beat her 5A and any Droit version. Be extra careful though, if her sweep beat yours, you take a fatal in P4U. Also, if she jumps and j.Bs you, you're going to eat a crouching combo and Mitsuru's are painful. Outside of that, watch out for her DP since it will beat your Glide attempts on pressure. 5D/j.D helps but be prepared to lose cards while using it.

Against Teddie, I didn't play this match-up enough as Yosuke to say anything helpful. :V

Yeah, I didn't realize what thread I was posting in last night, until just now. 

Thanks for the help, man. I appreciate it. 

I'll get to trying all of this.

Even with the damage nerfs are Kunai still viable for ending combos? Or is just not worth risking your opponent getting the advantage on wake-up just for the sake of being flashy ( :( )

Even with the damage nerfs are Kunai still viable for ending combos? Or is just not worth risking your opponent getting the advantage on wake-up just for the sake of being flashy ( :( )

Kunai are still an option if you want to keep Yosuke in the air while the opponent recovers to do things like crossups or glides, or even a Mirage Slash fake-out. Otherwise, V-slasher into Mirage Slash seems like the more popular knockdown option, and you can convert it into a Sukakaja combo with meter.

For all those who don't know, 4 Yosukes made it into Arc Revo:

fin (822 PSR)
Soei (866 PSR)

Kameten (833 PSR)

Wynn / Win (?) (700 PSR)

I saw some videos of Nise Pachi when Ultimax first dropped in arcades but none since, I stole lots of tech from him and he was really fun to watch, kinda sucks because I'd love to see more of him with the new Yosuke.

Greek and Pssych, will you both be getting the JAP release of P4U2??

Greek and Pssych, will you both be getting the JAP release of P4U2??

I'm waiting for the US release cuz I'm broke as FUUUUUUUUCK!

Sooo... it'll be  a while before my brand of stuff will start coming out, but trust me, it'll be there.

95% sure it was already confirmed Ultimax will be region-free

The US version is, no word on the JP.

A lot of people are saying the JAP ver is region-free, it apparently says so on PlayAsia, I'm gonna just get it digitally off the JAP store, I'm from UK so I would have to pay a bullshit amount for PSN cards anyway lool

Nise Pachi, Fin, Greek and Pssych, you dudes are like my Yosuke idols!