Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan422

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold Story Thread (spoilers)

GAME IS OUT AND ABOUT IN THE WORLD, SPOILERS WILL NOW BE PRESENT.

With the Arcade version already upon us and console version set for Summer of next year, I figured it would be about time to start the 2nd edition of the P4A Story Thread. Feel free to discuss/speculate anything pertaining to P4U2's story.

OK! I'll start with this:

Does anybody find it weird that the shadow versions could use personas?

The Shadow versions here aren't true Shadow selves, they're copies. Fakes.

OK! I'll start with this:

Does anybody find it weird that the shadow versions could use personas?

Not really, no. Shadow Labrys could use Asterius like a Persona even though, being a Shadow, it is technically just a part of her. Or look at P4A's Malevolent Entity modus operandi. It took on a form of the respective character's Shadow and used their Persona so it could be that every Shadow version we see in P4U2 is the Malevolent Entity being a dick. Or you could always argue gameplay-and-story segregation in order to keep the game consistent.

Well I saw someone make a summary of Teddie's arcade mode.

Teddie runs into fake yosuke, who spouts crap about Teddie being empty, after being defeated he sparkles to death. His victory quote has him notice how the real world is like the TV, and how he can summon kintoki-douji.

He meets Yukari next, and she assumes he was a fake, after winning she realizes he's the real teddie and informs him of the shadow ops' situation, Teddie suddenly goes forward quickly, Yukari surprised at him making great haste

Soon he also runs into Fake Narukami, who he assumes was the real one, Labrys was able to make him realize this was a fake Yu, which makes Teddie pissed as a shadow took the form of his sensei. Upon defeat, Teddie tells Labrys to stay put to recover, deciding to take the fight on himself.

His encounter with sho goes...as well as you expect it, Sho mocks teddie on how he's a shadow, general teddie going all "bear it on! fight fight!" the second time he says this his voice changes to

the malevolent entity

and Sho mocks him some more, using bear puns no less (so it proves he's a pun machine) anyways, Teddie somehow makes a pun on shadow because Sho keeps berating him of his origins, and to QUOTE teddie.

"Shadow...SHADOW...? How about SHADDUP!.

Sho makes fun of him for trying to act human despite his true origins as a shadow. An earthquake goes off and Sho says "the curtain is rising for the second act" before doing the whole leap-in-a-single-bound to the tip of a tall tower, so essentially it's a cliffhanger.

What was Junpei doing in Inaba? He didn't look like he was part of the Shadow Operatives or anything.

he is, mitsuru really doesn't ask him to do stuff. He missed his stop and ended up in inaba.

He's a baseball coach too :P

So here is something from Labrys' story mode (source somewhere. I got it from one guy who translated it from different place. Though here's a screenshot

When you beat Sho as Labrys (Persona Sho), she says she gets readings from Plume of Dusk. If you don't know, its a material used to create the souls of Anti-Shadow Weapons. Sho then says he is just like her. So Sho might be either a robot or artificial human

Found some potentially game-changing translated story info and an interesting exchange between Labrys and PerShoNa. Putting both in spoilers because obvious reasons.

Persona General posted some bullet points made on 2ch about arcade mode concerning Sho, Persona Sho, and Adachi. Anons translated and this is what they say.

Minazuki's bullet points:

His puns are reminiscent of Ikutsuki

A Plume of Dusk can be sensed from him

When defeated by Teddie, he mentions "drawing out (Teddie's) hometown"

When defeated by Sanada, he says "If it's your friends, they're coming, thanks to you guys!!"

Often mentions "him"

He appears to be jealous of those who possess Personas

The last boss for Yu, Naoto, Teddie, Aigis, Junpei and Sanada.

Persona Sho's bullet points:

Persona is Tsukiyomi

A Plume of Dusk can be sensed from him

Says to Labrys "You and I are the same, that's why I chose you".

His objective is to "remake the world"?

"What that child desires isn't revenge."

The last boss of Hanamura, Mitsuru and Labrys.

Adachi's bullet points:

He appears in Yu's, Sanada's and Yukari's scenarios.

Minazuki and Adachi have nothing to do with one another (They're aware of each other but they're not in cahoots)

When asked if he's a fake, he replies that he's the real deal.

"If you spend too much fighting, you might not be able to return things to normal"; he appears to understand the truth of the situation.

He appears to have business at the top of the tower.

Sanada and Yukari have no idea who he is.

Labrys: "I won… I won! But, that reading… Is that a Plume of Dusk? No way… You’re definitely human… What the…?"

Sho: "Heh Heh Heh… That is correct. I am just like you. That is why I chose you. But it seems you were nothing but a hindrance in the end. Of course, it does not matter… It is already too late."

Sho: "There is nothing you can do anymore, it can’t be undone… The world will now change!!"

Someone said something about Junpei's win quote against Sho confirming Chidori to be alive. Does anyone know what it was?

More info on the story details (Put inside spoilers for obvious reasons):

On Sho:

-

Sho's Arcana is the Sun . SHO is unknown

-Sho has two personalities, “Sho Minazuki” and “SHO MINAZUKI”. SHO is the hammy one.

-None of the characters encounter more than one side of Sho; Teddie, Junpei and Yu encounter Sho Minazuki. Labrys and Yukari encounter SHO MINAZUKI.

-The normal Sho is loud, bratty, has a horrible sense of pun-related humor that not even Teddie can laugh about and enjoys putting people down. Even Junpei refers to him as “a brat”.

-He is a loner and hates the concept of “friendship”, believing it to be something only weak people rely on.

-His only ally is someone Sho keeps refering to as “him”.

-"Him" apparently promised Sho that he’d be invincibly strong if he coorperated with him. Additionally, he “taught” him to not believe in things like “bonds” or “friendship” and that he’s “strongest on his own”.

-Sho has complete information on all the involved Persona Users, including things like Teddie’s true identity as a Shadow or the pasts of the Shadow OPs/SEES members.

-Sho believes the human world to be worthless and that it needs to be changed or vanquished entirely. He also does not understand why Teddie would want to be like a human.

-Sho has an incredible hatred to the idea of losing and will throw a tantrum if you unexpectedly defeat him. He especially freaks out when Junpei makes it to the top of the tower first, which wasn’t planned.

-SHO states that he was the one who kidnapped Labrys in P4A, and that he choose her as his “puppet” due to her soul being stored on a Plume of Dusk, just like his own. He needed to experiment on her somehow.

-The state SHO MINAZUKI put Inaba in is explicitely almost entirely the same as the Dark Hour, right down to Yasogami High turning into a Pseudo-Tartarus.

On Shadows:

- These are are *not* the characters’ real Shadow-Selves, but duplicates, which someone created to fight the Persona Users. The IT and Shadow O Ps refer to them as “Fakes”.

-All Shadow-Type Fighters are tailored to be exactly like the original’s Shadow Self, with some exceptions.

-They are made from Mook-Shadows, according to Yukari.

-They can use the originals’ Personas and are physically stronger than the originals, however, they are also less stable and will disappear into a rain of sparkles if pushed enough.

-They are not intent on tricking the characters into thinking they were the real thing, but only use such roleplay for shock value, in order to get an emotional reaction out of the Personas Users before fighting them. Their purpose is apparently to gather “negative energy” while fighting the characters.

-The normal Sho is loud, bratty, has a horrible sense of pun-related humor that not even Teddie can laugh about and enjoys putting people down. Even Junpei refers to him as “a brat”.

Wouldn't it have made more sense for Yukiko to be in Teddie's spot? She tends to laugh at anything so if even she's not laughing at Sho's puns, then you know they're bad.

-He is a loner and hates the concept of “friendship”, believing it to be something only weak people rely on.

-His only ally is someone Sho keeps refering to as “him”.

-"Him" apparently promised Sho that he’d be invincibly strong if he coorperated with him. Additionally, he “taught” him to not believe in things like “bonds” or “friendship” and that he’s “strongest on his own”.

Figures that in a franchise which pushes the idea that you grow as a person and in strength when forging lasting bonds with other people that there would be an antagonist that denounces this concept. Frankly I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. Though Sho acting this way reminds me of Isamu Nitta from SMT: Nocturne. Both denounced the idea of "friendship" in favor of the "individual" except there is a direct contradiction between their ideology and methods. Isamu needed the Demi-fiend to do the work he could not himself accomplish while Sho has an ally despite believing himself stronger as an individual.

-Sho has an incredible hatred to the idea of losing and will throw a tantrum if you unexpectedly defeat him. He especially freaks out when Junpei makes it to the top of the tower first, which wasn’t planned.

So Sho is a scrub?

On Shadows:

-They are not intent on tricking the characters into thinking they were the real thing, but only use such roleplay for shock value, in order to get an emotional reaction out of the Personas Users before fighting them. Their purpose is apparently to gather “negative energy” while fighting the characters.

That sounds an awful lot like what Erebus needs in order to revive. IIRC, the events of P3 were happening because many, many people in the world seek death since they are unsatisfied with their lives. Thus Erebus was formed in order to call out Nyx.

So Sho and SHO really are similar to Shiki and SHIKI, damn lol.

Things just got interesting. I feel like Sho is going to turn

good after having a long conversation about friendship and loneliness with Narukami and friends.

Things just got interesting. I feel like Sho is going to turn

good after having a long conversation about friendship and loneliness with Narukami and friends.

This, or

he will die.

Not really. The only comparisons between them and Sho/SHO you can make are superficial, since the nature of Shiki and SHIKI is much more...unique, lets say.

[

]in actuality, SHO is the malevolent entity possessing sho VIA his plume of dusk, as normal Sho is whiny and jealous of all persona users, especially the wild card users, while SHO is quite calm and collected, and he does reveal himself as the entity too[

]

[

]in actuality, SHO is the malevolent entity possessing sho VIA his plume of dusk, as normal Sho is whiny and jealous of all persona users, especially the wild card users, while SHO is quite calm and collected, and he does reveal himself as the entity too[

]

Wait, how can a human like Sho have a Plume of Dusk within him? I thought those were placed within the Anti-Shadow Weapons within their core modules so they could develop their personalities quicker. But then again, maybe I am reading too much into this. It is real possible he's like STREGA who alluded that they had their Personas forcefully awakened which might suggest human experimentation with the Plume itself.

Wait, how can a human like Sho have a Plume of Dusk within him? I thought those were placed within the Anti-Shadow Weapons within their core modules so they could develop their personalities quicker. But then again, maybe I am reading too much into this. It is real possible he's like STREGA who alluded that they had their Personas forcefully awakened which might suggest human experimentation with the Plume itself.

let's just say science and leave it at that for now, we still need translations of arcade mode done

Yes, she has one.

:toot:.

One of the best news I've heard all week. How involved is she with the rest of the cast? Or is she merely guiding the Wild Card holders like Aigis and Yu?