Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan422

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold Story Thread (spoilers)

I'm sure people have noticed this before, but

Sho has the same ring in his eyes as Aigis and Labrys. Then again, Yu and Elizabeth have the same style of eyes, so it might just be stylistic.

So I just carrya discussion from the P4A2 thread about how the story mode would go here.

Now many pople would preferif the story would be like in CP, where there are only like three storylines. Where it might be good so that it doesn't feel repetive, it does bring up problem of character focus. For what I hear from CP story, there are quite a few characters who lack that much focus in the story (Tao, Arakune, Bullet, Amane, Azrael ect.). Because of that, I would argue that having multiple stories would be nice.

Also, on bit of spoilery side,

Adachi seems to have something to do with Shadow Operatives.

I'm sure people have noticed this before, but

Sho has the same ring in his eyes as Aigis and Labrys. Then again, Yu and Elizabeth have the same style of eyes, so it might just be stylistic.

Actually, Lizzie's eyes match more with the Human Shadows than they do with Yu's.

See here. Then again, Takaya had the same yellow eyes in P3 so who knows? It might simply be an indicator to show that these characters are somewhat "otherworldly" or "alien" from typical humans.

Now many pople would preferif the story would be like in CP, where there are only like three storylines. Where it might be good so that it doesn't feel repetive, it does bring up problem of character focus. For what I hear from CP story, there are quite a few characters who lack that much focus in the story (Tao, Arakune, Bullet, Amane, Azrael ect.). Because of that, I would argue that having multiple stories would be nice.

It depends on how they use it. CP's 3 side paths all converging into one final showdown could work. CP had to drop a lot character focus since you could no longer play as the villains and had a lot more characters than P4A. Of course, we will just have to wait and see what they do in the end.

Huh, well that's rather interesting.

So I just carrya discussion from the P4A2 thread about how the story mode would go here.

Thing is, in P4U we didn't need much character focus on anyone except for Yu (because MC), Labrys (new character), Mitsuru (Kirijo Group), and Elizabeth (her journey) because we already know the rest of the character stories and they were only there to fight in the tournament then get stuck in the room afterwards. Idk what's going to happen in P4U2 but I assume it'll be the same thing except add Sho/PSho to the list of character focus.

I am just going to drop some backblog info:

-The fact that Adachi is part of Shadow Operates is brought up in Yukari's arcade mode by SHO.

-Speaking of Sho, he seems to have been a Kijiro Group's test subject like Strega.

-Labrys has grown to be attached to Mitsuru and Fuuka and her relation with Naoto is now better-

-Akihiko and Mitsuru has been growing a bit of a rivarly.

-Akihiko hasn't seen Yukari and Junpei for some time. and its unknown how much those two know.

-There seems to be no way that Ikutsuki can be alive.

Double post of justice to post info about SHO:

-Many of his win quotes are just what you’d expect, him talking about how worthless bonds are and blah, blah, blah, he has also a few winquotes that mention something different entirely…Two of them go:

-"I just want to protect her. Heh, this has nothing to do with you, of course."

-"I am going to protect her and I will kill anyone who gets in my way."

-The term used for “her” here is “ano ko”, which can either refer to a young child or to a woman, but is most commonly used for young girls, which is why I assume he is talking about a girl.

-Persona Sho is likely not ME.

-Sho is trying to merge real world with the TV world, creating a "Shadow world", Sho thinks it's a fun idea and is helping him.

-Persona Sho also likes Puns.

Also, the Shadows shatter after their defeat.

-The fact that Adachi is part of Shadow Operates is brought up in Yukari's arcade mode by SHO.

Unbelievable, does this mean he now works with Mitsuru and co.? I'm seriously having a hard time believing that

I just got P4U a few days ago so I'm playing Story Mode. In the Naoto's route she says that the Kirijo Group knows about the Inaba incident because they interrogated the killer, so would that mean that Adachi was working with them even before the first P4U?

I just got P4U a few days ago so I'm playing Story Mode. In the Naoto's route she says that the Kirijo Group knows about the Inaba incident because they interrogated the killer, so would that mean that Adachi was working with them even before the first P4U?

I'm not convinced that this is actually a thing. It has to either be a mistranslation, or Persona Sho is being intentionally misleading.

If Adachi was part of the Shadow Operatives, then why would Yukari not know who he was in her arcade mode route? Plus, Adachi only gained a Persona at the start of Persona 4 so it would either mean he would have joined the Shadow Operatives during the course of Persona 4, which sounds very unlikely, or he would have joined the Shadow Operatives while he was in jail before the events of P4A2, which sounds just as unlikely.

Interrogation =/= corroboration.

And there's this.

Interrogating Adachi in no way means that he's "working" with the Shadow Operatives.

I'm not convinced that this is actually a thing. It has to either be a mistranslation, or Persona Sho is being intentionally misleading.

If Adachi was part of the Shadow Operatives, then why would Yukari not know who he was in her arcade mode route?

Neither Yukari and Junpei are really up to date with Shadow Operatives operations. Especially Junpei. So if Adachi just joined SO (like because Mitsuru, Akihiko and Aigis went missing and they needed a Persona user to find them), there is no way they would know that.

Neither Yukari and Junpei are really up to date with Shadow Operatives operations. Especially Junpei. So if Adachi just joined SO (like because Mitsuru, Akihiko and Aigis went missing and they needed a Persona user to find them), there is no way they would know that.

Alright, but again that means that he would have joined while he was in jail, in the two day period between P4A and P4A2. How does that sound likely?

Welp,

Adachi being a Shadow Operative

has been confirmed to be a mistranslation. Here's a better translation of what PerShoNa says regarding

Adachi

:

"Adachi...? Hahaha, you disappoint me, Shadow Operative. The idea of an inferior lowlife like that being my accomplice is nothing short of absurd."

Welp,

has been confirmed to be a mistranslation. Here's a better translation of what PerShoNa says regarding

Adachi

:

"Adachi...? Hahaha, you disappoint me, Shadow Operative. The idea of an inferior lowlife like that being my accomplice is nothing short of absurd."

Thought so. This makes so much more sense.

I just completed Yu's Story Mode in P4U, and in the final scene the "one behind" says that he putted Labrys into the TV because doesn't have a Persona, so he couldn't get in. Now that leads to a question: Is this man Persona-less Sho? (I don't think is Sho because of the way he talks, the "man" talked more in a formal and adult way); or is someone else?

Welp,

Adachi

:

Oh well, so it would seem Adachi is an unknown element for now in P4U2. And I kinda like it that way. Guess we will simply need to wait it out to hear the full story regarding him.

I just completed Yu's Story Mode in P4U, and in the final scene the "one behind" says that he putted Labrys into the TV because doesn't have a Persona, so he couldn't get in. Now that leads to a question: Is this man Persona-less Sho? (I don't think is Sho because of the way he talks, the "man" talked more in a formal and adult way); or is someone else?

Persona Sho straight up says

he's the one who shoved Labrys into the TV

. Details concerning what Sho is are too nebulous to determine how or when he obtains a Persona at this point.

He admits to throwing Labrys into the TV.'

That automatically confirmes he is indeed the Eerie Voice.

Hold up, is this NopeSona Sho or PerShoNa we're talking about? Because if it is the latter then it doesn't really make sense for him to claim that "he has no Persona and cannot enter the Midnight Channel on his own". I mean, I could theorize that PerShoNa only got access to Tsukiyomi after merging the Midnight Channel with Inaba, but I have no proof for it nor have the developers established anything that hints at it either.