Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan422

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold Story Thread (spoilers)

Hold up, is this NopeSona Sho or PerShoNa we're talking about? Because if it is the latter then it doesn't really make sense for him to claim that "he has no Persona and cannot enter the Midnight Channel on his own". I mean, I could theorize that PerShoNa only got access to Tsukiyomi after merging the Midnight Channel with Inaba, but I have no proof for it nor have the developers established anything that hints at it either.

Like I said before,

Persona Sho is the one who says it. Claiming it doesn't make sense is a waste of time when there are so many details about the character we don't know about yet.

Like I said before,

Persona Sho is the one who says it. Claiming it doesn't make sense is a waste of time when there are so many details about the character we don't know about yet.

Hmm, I guess. Then perhaps a more revised statement would have been that "it doesn't make sense right now". Though, if PerShoNa is the "Eerie Voice" then does that. potentially, rule him out of being the "Malevolent Entity"?

Hmm, I guess. Then perhaps a more revised statement would have been that "it doesn't make sense right now". Though, if PerShoNa is the "Eerie Voice" then does that. potentially, rule him out of being the "Malevolent Entity"?

Maybe, or they're both one and the same somehow. I would have thought

Persona Sho was the Malevolent Entity initially, but there are too many uncertainties to be sure one way or the other.

Well seeing this scan today, I can confirm this

Both shadow labrys are the same. The scan had shadow mode labrys' intro with asterius, presumably changing to ariadyne or something else, but that's something I can truly confirm

Well seeing this scan today, I can confirm this

Both shadow labrys are the same. The scan had shadow mode labrys' intro with asterius, presumably changing to ariadyne or something else, but that's something I can truly confirm

This was known for a very long time, but I don't think the intro you're describing actually exists.

This was known for a very long time, but I don't think the intro you're describing actually exists.

I'll provide a link here you go. It may be just me assuming it but here you go.

I'll provide a link here you go. It may be just me assuming it but here you go.

How do you know this is Shadow mode Labrys and not just Shadow Labrys? There're many gameplay videos of Shadow mode Labrys and she's never appeared with Asterius.

How do you know this is Shadow mode Labrys and not just Shadow Labrys? There're many gameplay videos of Shadow mode Labrys and she's never appeared with Asterius.

...that's just weird. And this came from scans with the other shadow mode poses. Seriously with this I'm pretty unsure how the hell it's true or not.

Besides are you sure this is shadow mode labrys and not regular shadow labrys? :/ Still make of it what you will, it's just a photo anyways.

...that's just weird. And this came from scans with the other shadow mode poses. Seriously with this I'm pretty unsure how the hell it's true or not.

Besides are you sure this is shadow mode labrys and not regular shadow labrys? :/ Still make of it what you will, it's just a photo anyways.

I thought you were the one saying that it was Shadow mode Labrys? What I'm saying is that it's probably regular Shadow Labrys because I've never seen Asterius in any of the Shadow mode Labrys footage I've seen. Those scans were in the #Re:birth magazine in the P4A2 section along with the other Shadow mode character poses, but it might not mean that the text along with it is talking about Shadow mode Labrys.

I thought you were the one saying that it was Shadow mode Labrys? What I'm saying is that it's probably regular Shadow Labrys because I've never seen Asterius in any of the Shadow mode Labrys footage I've seen. Those scans were in the #Re:birth magazine in the P4A2 section along with the other Shadow mode character poses, but it might not mean that the text along with it is talking about Shadow mode Labrys.

...yeah I think this has gone too far.

Besides I'm not sure if we got a person to translate it, if someone could it'd be appreciated. It'd put an end to this debate.

Now i just coompleted Mitsuru's Story Mode and, again, this person now, called "Malevolent Entity" (disguised as Mitsuru's Shadow).

This "Malevolent Entity" said in an phrase " . . . you humans", now that would confirm that is not human. He also said "This is enough until i find the perfect vessel" (refering to the shadow Mitsuru appereance), so maybe that means that Minazuki sho is the real Sho, and that MINAZUKI SHO is Sho possesed by this "Malevolent Entity".

Just like Jun in Persona 2 Innocent Sin.

Idk if we're allow to mention this but someone uploaded Labrys arcade story on nico and I've heard her mention the name

Saya?

when was it mentioned? in a post-match victory screen or one of the arcade scenarios?

I know that. So what?

All I know is that the translation was just the story-based scenes. It doesn't rule the thoery out yet. I'm gonna watch it myself and see if Koopa's thought comes through or not.

All I know is that the translation was just the story-based scenes. It doesn't rule the thoery out yet. I'm gonna watch it myself and see if Koopa's thought comes through or not.

Ah, so you mean that the name could have been mentioned in the post-match victory screens like you mentioned or something like that? Gotcha, though I would have assumed the translator would have mentioned something important like that.

Ah, so you mean that the name could have been mentioned in the win quotes or something like that? Gotcha, though I would have assumed the translator would have mentioned something important like that.

Yep, I read this playthrough a bit ago so I felt it could be something overlooked. again I'll report what I can find.

EDIT: And tried puttng it through MMCafe despuite it being unwatchable...and I can't do much to say anything on the theory yet....damn it.

I thought I heard the name during Labrys talk with Rise. Guess it shows I know nothing about JP language. :vbang:

Well still, we can't confirm it yet, and we can't rule it out. So don't evoker yourself just yet!

Huh, so Labrys is still very much the heart of the matter in this current dilemma. Poor mecha-girl. At least this time she's got some buddies to watch her back.

Now, all this talk over the "Malevolent Entity" got me thinking (note: mostly a theory of mine).

What if, it isn't Nyarlathotep at all? What if the Malevolent Entity is none other than Tsukiyomi itself? I mean, the "Malevolent Entity" did talk about the heart being frail and that it can definitely betray the person at any moment. And since we know from P4 that Personas are really just "accepted" Shadows so what if, hypothetically, Tsukiyomi is a Persona that ultimately betrayed its wielder and gained sentience as a result? It'd explain why it'd need a vessel or why it at least needed PerShoNa to merge Inaba with the Midnight Channel to create a pseudo-Dark Hour.

So you're saying the cause of the red mist....is

The PERSONA

Sounds crazy but you may have a point.

Huh, so Labrys is still very much the heart of the matter in this current dilemma. Poor mecha-girl. At least this time she's got some buddies to watch her back.

Now, all this talk over the "Malevolent Entity" got me thinking (note: mostly a theory of mine).

What if, it isn't Nyarlathotep at all? What if the Malevolent Entity is none other than Tsukiyomi itself? I mean, the "Malevolent Entity" did talk about the heart being frail and that it can definitely betray the person at any moment. And since we know from P4 that Personas are really just "accepted" Shadows so what if, hypothetically, Tsukiyomi is a Persona that ultimately betrayed its wielder and gained sentience as a result? It'd explain why it'd need a vessel or why it at least needed PerShoNa to merge Inaba with the Midnight Channel to create a pseudo-Dark Hour.

Dude, I was thinking the same thing xD

So you're saying the cause of the red mist....is

The PERSONA

Sounds crazy but you may have a point.

Dude, I was thinking the same thing xD

Well I am mostly drawing on the fact that since Personas are Shadows, they have the potential for various things. Ryoji was a Shadow whose role was to be the harbinger of the Fall yet was able to act and develop his own desire (though ultimately could not fight his destined fate) because he interacted with the P3MC. In turn, P3MC was able to draw out on his powers to expend his own. Likewise, Teddie is a Shadow that ultimately gained much higher sentience to the point of becoming no different from an actual human being. I figure that if these two examples of Shadows exists, why not a sentient and antagonistic Persona? It'd certainly explain why it wants to create others like it (you know, the whole recruiting powerful Shadows from the cast for its own plans).