Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verimeloni

What's the worst fighting game you've played?

I envy anyone who can honestly say that Project Justice is the worst experience they've ever had with a fighting game.

My pick is Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22. The game is a series of loading screens occasionally interrupted by ugly, bland gameplay segments where beloved DBZ characters such as Goku®, Vegeta®, Cell™, and Gohan Copyright © 1995-2003 TOSE Software Co & FUNimation All Rights Reserved trade awkward blows during matches that last roughly eight seconds on average. At least the Inuyasha PS1 fighter had decent graphics; there was nothing about UB22 that didn't suck.

obs...this is just my opinion, not "the truth" or "facts"

every dbz fg tend to be very bad. super butouden 1-3 were barely decent but very fun, dbz hyperdimension was actually good mechanic wise, but slower.

When i posted project justice, it was more about my rage with graphics. I was really salty ... from sprite art like alpha3, sf3 and vampire savior, capcom have gone to really really ugly 3D models like the ones used in sf ex, rival schools, etc. In sf4 i already don't had any spectations, so i wasn't really shocked with how bad the models were, just sad.

I envy anyone who can honestly say that Project Justice is the worst experience they've ever had with a fighting game.

My pick is Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22. The game is a series of loading screens occasionally interrupted by ugly, bland gameplay segments where beloved DBZ characters such as Goku®, Vegeta®, Cell™, and Gohan Copyright © 1995-2003 TOSE Software Co & FUNimation All Rights Reserved trade awkward blows during matches that last roughly eight seconds on average. At least the Inuyasha PS1 fighter had decent graphics; there was nothing about UB22 that didn't suck.

This comment from that video made me lol irl

Remember that time Goku ® fought Piccolo TM on Kami's Tower TM and Goku ® was all crouch punch punch crouch punch punch crouch punch punch HYAAAAAT ® and Piccolo TM died.

You're on my shitlist. Those games are both amazing.

Project Justice i can understand, but SFTM?

Unless because you think that is so bad is good dunno

Surely there are a LOT of bad Dragon Ball fighting games, but the original Budokai 1 - 3 I could actually compare to BB. First was nice, gameplay hasn't aged well and it's limited taken to account it's potential. The second one is an improvement but has a couple too many gimmicks and isn't yet polished enough to be DA game. The third one is the magnum opus, superior to the two before in every way. (Nostalgia got over me, sorry!)

But the Tenkaichi-series? Not a fan, especially 1 & 3, 2 is ok.

Super DBZ is a descent fighter but is a terrible DBZ game

Tenkaichi 3 for life.

Tenkaichi 3 for life.

QFT.

I've played the game listed on the OP. I can confirm it's really shitty, although it looked awesome the first time I played because I was a kid.

Can you name a game you fully admit is horrible but at the same time you played and enjoyed the shit out of it?

In my case, this was Evil Zone:

Evil_Zone.jpg

I don't suppose any of you embryos remember this chaotic mess? There was only 2 buttons, an "attack" and a "block" so you could literally learn the entire roster in record time (read 5 minutes). Balance was nonexistent (Ihadurca being a particular pain in the ass when used against you). Dub was the sort of quality of an ear-violating reverberation without even an attempt at lip-synching. And I loved it. It's weird. It is a horrible fighting game through and through, yet I absolutely loved it enough to still remember it. I kinda wish I hadn't lost it while moving all those years ago...

I remember Evil Zone, I played the shit out of it as a kid.

I would forgive the game if platinum got the rights and made a character action game starring Danzaivar.

Special mention goes to Xenophage, Ultra Vortek and Tattoo Assassins. The latter was mercifully never released.

Ultra Vortek has Poopalities and a Jamaican stereotype named "Dreadloc" who blows weed smoke as one of his specials. That says it all. There are other terrible Jaguar-exclusive fighters out there, like Kasumi Ninja and Fight for Life, but they aren't quite so groan-inducing.

I can honestly say that I don't have a worst fighting game. One I can aay that needed work was the first BudokI game. That game lacked polish controls were as useful as Raditz, and was ANTAGONIZING to play. Still, I did have some fun with it, ESPECIALLY with 4 players in the same room. :p

This gem:

http://www.gamelola.com/play-online-game-of/spongebob-super-brawl-2

me and my friend even made a tier list

Skipper Tier:
Skipper

High:
Bessie
Plankton
Danny Phantom
Sandy
Patrick
Dr. Blowhole
Dudley Puppy
OG Spongebob
Jimmy Newtron

Mid:
Chum Chum
Kitty Katswell
Timmy Turner
Spongebob
Otis

Low:
Aang
Sheen
Kyle
Fanboy

Bottom:
Monkey
King Julien
Rico

So hard to choose but of the top of my head:

-Nitro Plus

Oh man. I can't disagree that Nitro Royale is a horrible game, but it still introduced me to the wonderful world of their visual novels, so I just can't hate it.