Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verimeloni

What's the worst fighting game you've played?

Am I wrong in saying the first Guilty Gear is pretty bad? Reload and Accent Core games are great. The first GG is just....yeah.

GG is one of the better console-exclusive fighters in the PS1 library.  It's broken as hell, but it's a competently-made game with really solid production values.  And unlike most of the games mentioned in this thread, you can definitely have fun playing GG if you go in with the right mindset.

If you posted in this topic and you didn't put DBZ Taiketsu, you haven't played the worst fighting game ever.

Worst fighter has to be Rise of the Robots for me. I rented it as a kid and thought my copy was broken when I played, that's how bad the game is.  Rise of Robots is such a broken mess, is no fun and unplayable with how delayed everything is.

I really don't consider many games "bad" unless something is seriously wrong with it.  Just because I may not like it personally doesn't make it bad.

I'm actually shocked at some choices here like Fighting Vipers and Evil Zone.  Those games I find a lot of fun and they can be competitive with the right people playing.

I'll probably get flack for this, but I could never enjoy the first Killer Instinct on the SNES. It combined the worst parts of SF2 and MK (both games that I can actually enjoy).

As for actual "this is actually really bad" fighters, does the Versus mode in the NES Captain America and the Avengers count? I've played a lot of bad ones, but it's really hard to choose the worst game of the bunch. Someone mentioned bootleg NES ports of competent fighters and that's pretty much the absolute bottom of the barrel for me.

I never played the 2nd game. I only played the PS3 port for the first game in the SEGA MODEL2 collection but if it's anything like the first game, I probably wouldn't like it personally. Just my opinion though.

FV2 won't win you over if you hated the original for whatever reason, but it plays smoother and faster, and has 4 awesome new characters alongside the addition of SFIII-like parries, with a flashy but impractical "win two rounds in one" mechanic thrown in for good measure. It's pretty interesting that Sega stuck with single-plane movement (except for recovery rolls) even after VF3 was out. It would have been excessive on top of the parries and guard attacks, though.

FV2 gets really overlooked in the Dreamcast library, because it came out late in the system's active life and never saw a US release.

Anyway, it doesn't belong in a "worst fighting game" thread by any stretch.

Killing Zone is THE WORST fighting game ever made.

Coincidentally enough, the developers of Killing Zone (Scarab) went on to handle porting duties for the Dreamcast version of Fighting Vipers 2!

Am I wrong in saying the first Guilty Gear is pretty bad? Reload and Accent Core games are great. The first GG is just....yeah.

You sir are now on my blacklist

Whoever said DBZ Taiketsu is right. You have no idea until you play it. I mean, the game works properly and is playable unlike games like Death Cargo, but that only makes it worse.

The loading times for Ultimate Battle 22 were painfully long, even for a decent looking 3D PSX game in my opinion. That is the reason why I never played the game vs any friends back in the day. Aside from that I mainly remember the game overall was difficult to combo in and many moves had long recovery. Flight mode was very clunky. I don't remember it being too fun trying to chase people when they were in the air. 

Goddamn this thread is hyping me up. Now I want to try Evil Zone since I never had the chance back then. I also want to try Psyche Force 2012 on the Dreamcast. 

Goddamn this thread is hyping me up. Now I want to try Evil Zone since I never had the chance back then. I also want to try Psyche Force 2012 on the Dreamcast. 

Evil Zone was actually a really fun game. It's not winning any technical awards, but it was fun as a game to just play.