Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verimeloni

What's the worst fighting game you've played?

Evil Zone was actually a really fun game. It's not winning any technical awards, but it was fun as a game to just play.

I didn't really have any expectations, however it appears that your impression of the game is similar to other people's as well, judging from old threads for this game that I have read on SRK.

Psychic Force really deserved to have more of a following outside Japan. Taito completely nailed the "free-floating projectile fighter" formula, well before anyone else started developing similar games, i.e. Senko no Ronde or the modern DBZ fighters. It also featured a command to homing dash straight at your opponent (and then cancel into a melee combo) before Arcana Heart,

The PS1 fighter based off Clamp's X saga is actually a reskinned Psychic Force. The series also got a two episode anime OVA. There was a NESiCA arcade re-release of 2012 not long ago, which means it would be a trivial matter to port it to current consoles or PCs now if they cared enough.

I thought the gameplay in Divekick was at least temporarily amusing (I only played it for a short while), but yeah, all the fanbase-pandering references are pretty obnoxious.  It's like somebody took a bunch of unfunny memes from the FG community and gave them to the writers for Family Guy to ensure there was zero subtly left in the final product.

Hey man if you think its not funny thats fine. Idk divekick is pretty fun and can get pretty hype. Does it get to a certain point were you "im finished on this game?" Yes, but by no means is it a product of something like shaqfu, and all the mechanics work cleanly and as intended

But....but....I like Shaq Fu ;_;

lol, Shaq-Fu.

Anyways, I've played worse fighters, I have no qualms with it either, as sometimes they can be enjoyable too, with stuff like "Fight Fever", and "Alien Challenge"! (Yes, these games also have super moves too!) :kitty:

Dude, have you seen footage of the original UNIB? That game was pretty shit.

The thing is, there are still games worse than vanilla UNIB.

Vanilla UNIB is the perfect kusoge disaster and I'm incredibly sad that I don't have access to it. I need the linnefinite in my life.

Oh, I thought of a better worst fighting game... Godzilla: Destroy all monsters... That game makes me care for Fighting Vipers. The design and ideas for it were cool but the way it played was absolutley terrible in my opinion

Oh, I thought of a better worst fighting game... Godzilla: Destroy all monsters... That game makes me care for Fighting Vipers. The design and ideas for it were cool but the way it played was absolutley terrible in my opinion

Nerf destoroyah pls

Vanilla UNIB is the perfect kusoge disaster and I'm incredibly sad that I don't have access to it. I need the linnefinite in my life.

It sounds fun to watch.. do you have a link?

I remember Digimon: Rumble Arena kind of being poop, but I played it a decade ago, so I may have poor memory.

I'm at a friend's house.  Just played Clay Fighter 63 1/3: Sculpter's Cut since my friend just bought it for N64, and had to post about the experience here.

It sucked.  Then it crashed.  And displayed debug text about the crash.  :v:

$200 well spent.

Anyone know anything detailed about this game?  Anyone ever play it and try to take it seriously?

I remember Digimon: Rumble Arena kind of being poop, but I played it a decade ago, so I may have poor memory.

I remember having lots of fun with it, though I might be biased because I lost the CD rather quickly, so I spent more time looking for it and reminiscing about it than actually playing it. Maybe it's just that I'm a fan of transformations, and that game gives one to each and every playable character.

I hope he bought Sculptor's Cut to top off a complete N64 collection and not to actually play it.

This.  It was his last game from the US library.  He has a disc drive and most of the JPN library, but not all of it.

But yeah, definite contender for worst game I've ever played, right up there with MW3.

Psychic Force really deserved to have more of a following outside Japan. Taito completely nailed the "free-floating projectile fighter" formula, well before anyone else started developing similar games

Totally. I bought the PS2 collection just to hit buttons and to jam to some sweet Zuntata tunes but got so much more that I was left feeling a bit empty when I 1cc'd PF2012 on Hardest.

This series also seems to be responsible for mechanics used in modern fighters that aren't totally air-based. Barrier guarding, psych bursts, reverse chaining and the aforementioned homing dash... This game was just too ahead of its time. Easily my favorite pre-millenial fighter.

Pretty much any of the fighting games on the Nintendo DS that weren't Bleach Blade of Fate/Dark Souls and Jump Ultimate Stars.

Special mention goes to the Naruto Shinobi Retsuden series. The teleporting system was busted as fuck. The game was also generally ass, but you get the idea.

Runners-up would probably be KOF XII and Samurai Spirits Sen.

Marvel 3 vanilla  is certainly the most disappointing and I still don't like all the hype surrounding MAHVEL but as for worst? I was lucky not to touch the various MK rip offs of the 90s(oh man those were bad)...hmmm rarely have I actually played a fighter I hated, even if they weren't all that good. Marvel 3 is my most hated in memory but worst is probably something I'm too young to remember. I remember I almost got my dad to rent Ballz when I was little thank god he didn't lol.

Marvel 3 vanilla is certainly the most disappointing and I still don't like all the hype surrounding MAHVEL but as for worst? I was lucky not to touch the various MK rip offs of the 90s(oh man those were bad)...hmmm rarely have I actually played a fighter I hated, even if they weren't all that good. Marvel 3 is my most hated in memory but worst is probably something I'm too young to remember. I remember I almost got my dad to rent Ballz when I was little thank god he didn't lol.

I'm so glad I don't have Capcom fighters in my life anymore...