Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

[P4AU] Labrys Gameplay Discussion

Using 2C dash cancel to combo with C Houjuu. I see you Pure.

But seriously her new combo routes look solid. And whats going on at the end of the video. Is he showing that her Hold S move thing has guard point that can interrupt strings. And I thought they said CH 5B > 5C > 2C didn't work anymore

I guess so? But he definitely did 2C houjuu, I didn't see 2C hit after the houjuu or anything. Can he carry momentum? Does the bubble not take up Labrys's time (i.e. she cancels into dash while persona cancels into houjuu)?

Thank you for posting that CMV tectal. That was simply beautiful. Need to get this CMV onto my phone and tablet so I can watch anytime, lol

Her combos are looking really good right now, lots of combo routes. I'm very pleased by this. I wasn't expecting the hop cancel from 5B to be so useful. They also got a lot of mileage out of all the new dash cancels as well, which is really great. That one Houjuu combo was pretty neat and we got a nice peak at the Red Axe j2B loop. Chain Knuckle's A followup is proving to be quite useful too, especially if you cancel it into SB Guillotine Axe. I'm glad it didn't turn out as garbage as it did at the loketest. It also seems like you can combo FC throws without OMCing for 6.5k in Red Axe if you do D Beast. Not sure how often that's going to come up in play but it's still pretty nice.

On a sidenote, seeing the new j2B for myself, I'm liking the hitbox but it looks a bit slow to come out. Not sure if it'll be useful in air to air battles. But we'll see

Is he showing that her Hold S move thing has guard point that can interrupt strings.

Seems like it. It seems to be especially good in the corner because it's hard to see the bar charging because the character's are obscuring it. Pretty neat.

CH Red Axe grab doing 2015 by itself is a nice buff.

Being able to continue the combo w/out meter now is good.

I like the new j.2B. j.2B loops.

Chain knuckle A follow-up giving you a hard knockdown is a nice change.

The description in the video mentions this isn't meant to be optimal but a starting point.

What is this suplex hold thing that Labrys is doing with the guillotine at the end of that combo video? Is this a new mechanic introduced in p4u2?

The S-Hold system is where you can hold the A button to make a special or super come out with special properties. Depending on how long you hold it, different things come out with different properties from last I heard in the loketest.

The description in the video mentions this isn't meant to be optimal but a starting point.

Good to hear. Can't wait to see optimal combos ending in SB Beast ^,^

I'm wondering if labrys can now use S-Hold as a reversal? Is her DP still the same? Doesn't look any different to me and people seem to still react to it as usual. I really want her to have a decent meterless reversals.

I'm wondering if labrys can now use S-Hold as a reversal? Is her DP still the same? Doesn't look any different to me and people seem to still react to it as usual. I really want her to have a decent meterless reversals.

Well, they can obviously see that gauge charging up. It'll be easy to react and punish.

And about her DP

- I don't think you can dp her dp anymore. At one point a Kanji was pressuring a Labrys and he dpd. The Kanji reacted with his own dp but Labrys wasn't electrocuted. Its possible shes invul until her recovery frames now. Please let this be true.

S-Hold system might be decent in the corner where the bar is obscured. Might be a good scare tactic, once in a blue moon midscreen if you can cancel the charge somehow like back dashing. But overall, I wouldn't hold my breath for a decent meterless reversal option. This feels like a very intentional design choice, especially when looking at her DP.

- I don't think you can dp her dp anymore. At once point a Kanji was pressuring a Labrys and he dpd. The Kanji reacted with his own dp but Labrys wasn't electrocuted. Its possible shes invul until her recovery frames now. Please let this be true.P

I don't think that was because of a DP change, the Kanji player probably just did his DP too early. Even in the current version, he has to do it relatively late to catch Labrys after the super-armor.

Her new bubble move has a dash cancel on activation right? I wonder why I haven't seen anyone use it to approach. Seems like it would be really useful against someone like Yosuke.

Might be a bit useful but right now, my gut feeling is that the bubble is so small and the path it travels is so straightforward+only inconveniences people IADing that most of the cast can probably maneuver around it with little difficulty.

It also gives Labrys a way to approach that isn't flailing around like a nutcase

To be perfectly honest I believe that this is the one thing I have always wanted anyway. Not that I'll ever stop doing that in FG's, but it's comforting to know that it is no longer my only option.

There's some good Labrys footage in the recent Gifu Leisureland Nico footage.

@16:00~ Can't be sure but it looks like sweep has a hop cancel now. It allowed the Labrys player to do this blockstring. 5A > 5B > Sweep > Hop jB > 5A > 5B > Sweep > Guillotine Axe. At Red Axe, it built up a pretty nice chunk of blue health on the Chie player. Feels like you'd probably be able to mash out during the hop cancel though as Surf mentioned earlier about hop cancel jB in general.

@22:15~ Maybe it's just me but it looks like C Houjuu/Bubble holds the captured opponent for a pretty short amount of time. Maybe the true strength of the D and SB versions is that it captures them longer. Also, yes! A Labrys comboed into SB Beast! I can sleep well tonight ^,^

@24:30~ In case anyone hasn't gotten a good look yet, you can see how much of the screen SB Gears covers since this Labrys tried to use it from fullscreen.

What RLW said. All the returning characters still have their Dead Angles from before, I believe. Though, considering how slow hers is, I can't help but wonder if the roll is a better option. I think Xie or someone else said it's actually pretty slow itself, but who knows.

That's actually the new Guard Cancel Evasive Action option. It's new to P4U2

What RLW said. All the returning characters still have their Dead Angles from before, I believe. Though, considering how slow hers is, I can't help but wonder if the roll is a better option. I think Xie or someone else said it's actually pretty slow itself, but who knows.

I see, thanks. And I'm leaning towards roll being better in most, if not all cases :v:

I'm pretty curious about the frame data of the roll. Right now, my biggest concern for the roll in general use is that it might be slow enough that people can whiff a normal during the invincible frames but recover quick enough to catch the tail end of the animation with a 5A or 2A. It would still be useful for some situations though.

Hey, I have played Labby pretty much since the release of P4A, but I never took it all that seriously because she simply got stomped by just about any member of the cast. I just want to know if she has gotten better in P4U2. I've been looking at her changes and they all seem really nice, but I haven't seen an actual verdict on whether or not she has moved up from "worst character in the game" status. Any info would be awesome!!

Too early for a verdict. Come back in a month or two. That said though, I'm pretty sure you are overexaggerating how bad Labrys is. I'm not completely well versed in high level play but from my understanding, there are only like 3 matchups in the game as bad as you are describing. In Labrys case, the only matchup that's really that bad is Chie from what I understand. The rest of her difficult matchups are difficult but still doable.

It's true that she hasn't been fully developed yet, but I'd say most of her changes are positive. Her general corner carry is better, the 5AA>5/2B gatling is a big help for both hitconfirms and blockstrings, dash cancels on certain moves could help her pressure, etc. Her hard MUs will most likely still be hard (hi, Aegis...), but she may not turn out as badly as she did in Arena.