Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

[P4AU] Labrys Gameplay Discussion

Labrys has some nice new tools to use, but she also got recovery frame nerfs on other moves.

Combine that with how well off the new cast is and the buffs other characters got; I would say that Labrys is worse than she was in P4A when comparing her to the rest of the cast.

Oh and her new 5AA makes air hit confirms difficult. It almost makes me want to start playing Shadow mode so that I can have the old auto combo back.

tl;dr i'm a little bitch, waaah my character sucks

i don't like it.

While I like that you can do 5AA 5B now, I don't like the worse air confirms and huge disadvantage in the combo itself, and I really don't want to use shadow just for the autocombo. A bit good, a bit bad.

I don't like the 5B change. I'd honestly prefer straight +8 to +4 after a dash cancel for the times when I don't need to dash any closer, but that's just personal preference.

I want my old A followup on chain back. The old one was +1 on block, which was cool. The new one is -29 but cancels into a bunch of moves that don't give her any frame advantage. If they block chain and respect the followup, there's no advantage. I can understand letting her special cancel, but I don't see why she had to have her frame advantage removed here.

What's with j2B anyway? Seems like it just doesn't come out most of the time, I just get jB. I'm retarded.

reversal can be charged to be unblockable...why? Actually why are her unblockables still 120 frames? Can't those be better to make her, I don't know, scary? Maybe I'm too used to melty blood where having an unblockable means something. Thanks for the 2B unblockable, that's also a really useful thing to have.

Brutal impact counter is another really useful thing to have. I accidentally mashed too hard on guillotine axe and got this, guy hit it and then jumped over. What's the point?

why is it still even possible to drop j214->super, shouldn't that be changed to not happen? it seems really stupid. Like I can understand "oh you did it too late for it to combo" but the fact that you can do it too early is just dumb.

I don't know how to use bubble but maybe I need to fight characters that actually allow me to set it up in fullscreen instead of characters who as soon as I'm not in their face start pressing their projectile normals as hard as they can. I thought maybe this would be an oki tool but I guess not.

Can I have a 2D button sometime soon? That'd be really cool. Maybe make those arrows shoot upwards or something. Or have them be in the air and shoot downward. I don't know, it just feels odd that there is no 2D.

why is it still even possible to drop j214->super, shouldn't that be changed to not happen? it seems really stupid. Like I can understand "oh you did it too late for it to combo" but the fact that you can do it too early is just dumb.

should combos not require timing and execution? they even made it easier to land C Mojuu.

as for p4u2 labrys, there's things i miss and things i really like about her now.

should combos not require timing and execution? they even made it easier to land C Mojuu.

I'm talking about the fact that you can cancel j214 as you hit the ground, before the final hit, causing even C mojuu to miss, even on simpler combos. I can understand a combo not working because of doing things too late, but the fact it's even possible to cancel a move without actively hitting feels odd to me.

What's with j2B anyway? Seems like it just doesn't come out most of the time, I just get jB.

From what I could tell with my limited playtime, you have to hold it straight down. j.1/3B will just get you j.B.

Hi guys, I'm a new P4U player, decided to pick Ms. Brooklyn Huge Axe as my main. Hope I can contribute to Labrys forums in the future.

Anyway, I checked her wiki page/frame data and it's kinda messy, and some info is missing (I'm guessing it may be because it was copy pasta'd from old P4A wiki?). I added some info to the frame data, mainly which moves are dash cancellable on hit or block (or whiff!). So, 5B, 2C , AoA D hit and Jewel.

I don't know how to use bubble but maybe I need to fight characters that actually allow me to set it up in fullscreen instead of characters who as soon as I'm not in their face start pressing their projectile normals as hard as they can. I thought maybe this would be an oki tool but I guess not.

The bubble is dash-cancellable, so it seems to me that the bubble is an oki tool, since sweep is special cancellable you can combo>sweep>D/SB bubble> dash cancel> pressure. I don't think it works as a projectile to zone with.

Oh, Ultimax came in yesterday and spent a good hour in training mode. 

So far, I definitely believe that this is a better Labrys (well, that's to be expected for an update lol). I've yet to find something that I dislike that can't be subtituted.

If there's something I really gotta point out, it's that Shadow Labrys doesn't have any unique dialogue!

The bubble is dash-cancellable, so it seems to me that the bubble is an oki tool, since sweep is special cancellable you can combo>sweep>D/SB bubble> dash cancel> pressure. I don't think it works as a projectile to zone with.

The bubble is definitely an oki tool, but best used when your opponent is in the corner. I don't think I'll ever substitute 22A/B/C/D for a bubble when I'm in the middle of the stage, but you never know (I did only get one hour after all).

Labrys's chain arm gets fatal on counter; the amount of opponents who got hit by this in P4A was incredible. The best addition yet! *tears of joy*

The bubble is definitely an oki tool, but best used when your opponent is in the corner. I don't think I'll ever substitute 22A/B/C/D for a bubble when I'm in the middle of the stage, but you never know (I did only get one hour after all).

This is from a scrubs perspective (me) but you can use the B bubble (from sweep) into dash cancel, into IABD J.a, 5.a, 5.b, to reset your combo if your j.a hits.

Please cut me some slack it's my first time using this so i'm a bit inexperienced.

Bubble is alright but the reward from bubble is too small for the risk involved. 22A~B has better reward from the risk of going for the meaty

Just picked up Ultima's and surprise how this game gets hate on. The new mechanics introduce is welcome addition. Been labrys main from previous version and looking to keep this trend running.

Beginner here, maining Teddie, but really enjoy this character & playstyle. Definite co-main/sub.

Been writing down combos, & can hit the 214 B (love this move) into 236 x2 C/D.

About the other supers, is there a good way/time to use them?  Maybe 22 A/B/C/D is needed at some point... 236 A/B could be good as well...

Anything else a beginner should know?  I know some matchups are an uphill battle.  And B/2B sometimes have a weird delay that messes me up. 0.0  Thanks!

Beginner here, maining Teddie, but really enjoy this character & playstyle. Definite co-main/sub.

Been writing down combos, & can hit the 214 B (love this move) into 236 x2 C/D.

About the other supers, is there a good way/time to use them?  Maybe 22 A/B/C/D is needed at some point... 236 A/B could be good as well...

Anything else a beginner should know?  I know some matchups are an uphill battle.  And B/2B sometimes have a weird delay that messes me up. 0.0  Thanks!

Okay for beginners, here's your starting combo: 5AA>5B>Sweep>22B (22A in corner). You can then hit their wakeup with 5A and get plenty of options off of that.

Using 214214C/D is your main reversal in awakening, but don't use it midscreen. 214214A is a combo tool for advanced Red Axe combos so don't worry about it now. 214214B is garbage, literally -never- use it. If 5B/2B is having a delay you're probably accidentally double tapping the button too fast and getting charged 5B/2B. Just tap the button once and it shouldn't cause problems.

Okay for beginners, here's your starting combo: 5AA>5B>Sweep>22B (22A in corner). You can then hit their wakeup with 5A and get plenty of options off of that.

Using 214214C/D is your main reversal in awakening, but don't use it midscreen. 214214A is a combo tool for advanced Red Axe combos so don't worry about it now. 214214B is garbage, literally -never- use it. If 5B/2B is having a delay you're probably accidentally double tapping the button too fast and getting charged 5B/2B. Just tap the button once and it shouldn't cause problems.

Thanks, really appreciate that.  So that's what was happening with B. 0.0

Might send you a match request this weekend since we're both in CA, if you don't mind a rookie. 

Thanks, really appreciate that.  So that's what was happening with B. 0.0

Might send you a match request this weekend since we're both in CA, if you don't mind a rookie. 

If you want you can add me on skype (rsquareda) and I can help out. I'll be busy this weekend in particular but anytime after I should have no problems.

If you want you can add me on skype (rsquareda) and I can help out. I'll be busy this weekend in particular but anytime after I should have no problems.

I don't have Skype & can only play weekends, but maybe the weekend after.  Thanks.  In the meantime, I'll try for the Fri. Beginners group again.

I was wondering which one were Labrys lastest normals. I've problems with punishes and pressure.

Her fastest normals (assuming you asked about that) are 5a and 2a. Both have 7f startup.

The only faster things are her Ground Throw (5f) and her Air Throw (4f).

Reading about these buffs has gotten me to pick up this game again.

The sound of Labrys being good is music to my ears!

I am so hyped for 2.0!!!