Shinsyn

[P4AU] Yu Narukami - Gameplay Discussion

P4U2_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Im gonna hijack this first post because i can! : Grover

This is the P4U2 - Yu Narukami General Discussions Thread. Same rules apply as the P4A thread but the references here are for P4U2. Discuss the basics and things we've seen, or may have done playing in this thread. Discussions of videos posted from the Proper Video Thread are also held in this section. Bring new technology to the table and help yourself and others step up their game!

Be sure to keep discussions civil amongst each other.

Additions and Changes to Narukami in P4U2
  • 5B is Back Dash Cancel-able on hit/block
  • j.BB is now j.2B
  • j.D is significantly faster
  • 2D Added to the list; same as j.D, but slower
  • 2AB > 5D No longer works.
  • B Raging Lion (214B):
    • No longer Ground Bounces; oponent slides, even on Fatal
    • Can be feinted by holding the B button
    • Air options are available after feint.
  • SB Raging Lion (214A+B)
    • Forces knockdown on grounded hit
    • Ground bounces on air hit
    • FATAL COUNTER
  • D and SB versions of Swift Strike are DP cancel-able
  • D Swift Strike - 214D now has Fatal Recovery
  • Zio (236C/D) can be done in the air
  • New Skill - Bold Move (236A/B):
    • Command Dash Attack
    • A version leads to a striking attack
    • B version leads to a command throw
    • SB version is a faster version of the B variant
  • New Special Skill - Issen Shinden (214214A/B):
    • New SP Skill move
    • Looks like Mitsuru's Droit
    • 1F Start-up
    • Projectile Invulnerable
    • Obtains FATAL RECOVERY
  • New Awakening Skill - "Hidden Super" 214214AB ~ A > A > B > C > B > C > D > 2AB >214214CD: Command Super, Cost 150 Meter.
  • D Cross Slash is slower than C Cross Slash (Other properties unknown ATM)
  • EX Cross Slash - Cost 75 Meter, paralyzes on hit or block.

Collapsed: Move Analysis:

Normals

5A: Gut punch. Jump cancel-able on hit or block.

5AA: Standing kick.

5AAA: Miniature DP, Puts Narukami Airborne, Dash/Jump cancelable

2A: Standard low punch. Can cancel into itself up to three times

JA: Jumping straight kick. Can cancel into itself. Jump cancel-able on hit or block.

j.2A: Dive kick. Has landing recovery, negative on block unless it connects at the lowest possible height.

5B: Far reaching slash.
  • Jump Cancel-able on hit
  • Backdash cancel-able on block

2B: Two hit rising sword slash.

• Strong anti-air attack
  • Air-unblockable.
  • Head Invulnerable

JB: Two hit horizontal slash. Jump cancel-able on hit or block, on either hit.

j.2B: Another horizontal slash. Jump cancel-able on hit or block (WE GOT IT GUYS! IT HAPPENED!)

5C: Izanagi performs a horizontal slash. Forward Dash Cancel-able on hit.

2C: Izanagi stabs diagonally upward, blowing the opponent away. Forward and backdash cancel-able on hit. More recovery added from previous version. (FATAL)

JC: Izanagi performs a quick aerial slash.

5D: Izanagi plunges his weapon into the ground, then charges the opponent for three hits.

5D~D: Izanagi performs a downward slash. Delay-able follow up to 5D.

2D: Izanagi hangs in the air for a long time, then performs a diving attack that launches the opponent on hit. (FATAL RECOVERY)

JD: Same as 2D, but appears to be faster!

System Commands

Throw (C+D): Kicks the opponent away. Can be followed up midscreen with safe-jump j.B. Wall-bounce in corner

Air throw (j.C+D): Throws the opponent into the ground straight below. Can lead to combos with a OMC.

AoA (A+B): Downward sword slash with decent start-up and subtle animation. Hits overhead.

Sweep (2A+B): Sword sweep. Hits low, special cancel-able on hit/block. CAN NOT CANCEL INTO 5D!

Big Gamble (B+D): A rising uppercut.
  • First hit of the ground version is NO LONGER air-unblockable.
  • Super cancel-able on block or hit, on either hit
  • Air version is faster than grounded version
  • No fatal recovery

Skills

Zio (236C/D): Electric fireball projectile. (Can be done in the air)
  • C Version has Izanagi throw an electric projectile from his current position that goes full screen quickly. Super cancel-able on hit or block.
  • D Version has Izanagi attack with a close range, two hit lightning ball. Fatal Counter on counter hit. Super cancel-able on hit or block. Chargeable.
  • SB Version has Izanagi throw a two hit projectile that goes full screen quickly and causes paralysis on hit.

Swift Strike (214C/D): Izanagi and Yu perform a sliding attack that hits low.

• C Version is 1 hit and has quick startup. Super cancel-able on hit or block.
  • D Version is 3 hits and reaches farther than C Version. Super cancel-able on hit or block. DP Cancel-able (FATAL RECOVERY)
  • SB Version is 5 hits and reaches even farther than D Version. Super cancel-able on hit or block. DP Cancel-able

Raging Lion (214A/B): Yu jumps into the air and does a diving sword stab that must be blocked high. (Can be done in the air)

• A Version forces knockdown on hit.
  • B Version is slower but causes knockdown/slide on hit.
    •  
    • Air Version causes knockdown/slide as well
    •  
    • Hold B to feint
    •  
    • Air options are available
  • SB Version forces knockdown on hit, ground bounces on air hit, (FATAL)

Bold Move (236A/B): Command Dash. Narukami runs forward and follows up with an attack or grab.

• A version commits to a strike; special cancel-able on hit/block.
  • B version commits to a command throw. Can combo in corner, Can OMC/OMB.
  • SB Version is a grab.

SP Skills

Ziodyne (236236C/D): Izanagi performs a multi-hit full screen projectile that wall-sticks the opponent in corner.
  • C version active on Frame 17
  • D version active on Frame 38. Slower start up but safer on block than C version.

Issen Shiden, (214214A/B): Extremely fast super, similar to Mitsuru's Droit attack.

• Projectile Invulnerable
  • Active upon 1F after super flash
  • FATAL RECOVERY

Awakening SP Skill

Cross Slash 214214C/D): Yu charges his sword with electricity then slashes the opponent horizontally.
  • C Version does 2911 damage
  • D Version does 3616 damage (Slower than C version)
  • SB Version does 4100 damage (Cost 75 SP), Paralysis on hit/block

"Hidden Super" 214214AB ~ A > A > B > C > B > C > D > 2AB >214214CD: Command Super

• Costs 150 Meter
  • Does 3000 Damage

More info will be added to the post as information is verified.

If there are any issues/errors or missing information that you come across in this post, please list it in this thead so I may apply the changes to the post.

Edited by grove03
updates

How fortunate of me to have a post here, i'll be using this section for some Shadow Narukami gameplay

I just saw the stream and I'm starting to think that Narukami won't do well in this version. I don't care about the 5D thing and it's not because of that, it's just that since Vanilla many players are use to his tricks and some of his good match-ups will likely be even or surpass him due to them getting new tools.

I really like the fact that OMC to B Lion opens up good or better combos, it's good they kept that and I can see that J2B could potentially be a good cross up tool if used correctly. Would like to see some OMB combos, but the game is still early so this could take awhile.

@ 19:20, corner air hit 214B > 5D looks good. I hear they delay tech it later on, but that could still be good.

@ 21:40, 214D > DP add-on, appears to recover too slow to safejump off it.

@ 21:42, 236D charge to punish Naoto DP :yaaay:

@ 23:04, Shinden > 5D looks tight (he does a decent damage combo into it off 236B here)

@ 24:17, yeah they can delay tech the 5D after 214B

@ 24:42, 5D appears to hit twice (maybe already known)

(youtube version) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsNdcl02vaU

Edited by VR-Raiden

I just saw the stream and I'm starting to think that Narukami won't do well in this version. I don't care about the 5D thing and it's not because of that, it's just that since Vanilla many players are use to his tricks and some of his good match-ups will likely be even or surpass him due to them getting new tools.

I really like the fact that OMC to B Lion opens up good or better combos, it's good they kept that and I can see that J2B could potentially be a good cross up tool if used correctly. Would like to see some OMB combos, but the game is still early so this could take awhile.

It's way too early in the game to even tell that, we could go by speculation but that would cause further complications. Honestly, everyone in the game does have new tools but so does Narukami. We'll see how things develop in a month or so, it's just that people need to get used to the changes and new routes he has.

So what if Raging Loin B gets counter? Is it still fatal and it causes bounce are does it still cause the the opponent to slide?

So what if Raging Loin B gets counter? Is it still fatal and it causes bounce are does it still cause the the opponent to slide?

B Lion is still a Fatal Counter, but it no longer ground bounces, only slides. During the Fatal Counter phase you can pick them up with 2B from mid screen if you're quick enough. You can do it without the Fatal Counter, but it's only in the corner though... I think.

It also causes a slide, but for longer(?) so you can combo off it. I assume it does the same thing on air hit as ground hit, it's linked below here.

from the latest vids Grover posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xddVqXeeGjw&t=1m40s: looks like 236A cancels to DP, on hit at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQLhUE4gWNw&t=1m13s: combo off FC 214B on air hit.

Good to see lots of Narukami but I wanna see more exploration with 1/2/3D and j.D. And 2C BDC 5D should still be fine? So far it's just been simple stuff into regular meaties or safejumps.

Knockdown of j.214B is great. Easily convert air hits into knockdown with huge corner carry.

I like that 214B knockdown makes the corner throw combo so much less annoying lol

B Lion is still a Fatal Counter, but it no longer ground bounces, only slides. During the Fatal Counter phase you can pick them up with 2B from mid screen if you're quick enough. You can do it without the Fatal Counter, but it's only in the corner though... I think.

It also causes a slide, but for longer(?) so you can combo off it. I assume it does the same thing on air hit as ground hit, it's linked below here.

from the latest vids Grover posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xddVqXeeGjw&t=1m40s: looks like 236A cancels to DP, on hit at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQLhUE4gWNw&t=1m13s: combo off FC 214B on air hit.

Good to see lots of Narukami but I wanna see more exploration with 1/2/3D and j.D. And 2C BDC 5D should still be fine? So far it's just been simple stuff into regular meaties or safejumps.

Knockdown of j.214B is great. Easily convert air hits into knockdown with huge corner carry.

I like that 214B knockdown makes the corner throw combo so much less annoying lol

Oh okay. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'm going to miss the ground bounces. lol

I'm also sad that you can't sweep into 5D anymore. I used to make people so mad with the mix ups I had. lol But looking at gameplay, Yu still looks pretty good.

"Hidden Super" 214214AB ~ A > A > B > C > B > C > D > 2AB >214214CD: Command Super

Costs 150 Meter

Does 3000 Damage

150 meter 3000 damage lolwut

Anyway that stabby super sounds sick. 1 frame startup huh? Goddamn nice.

Even though 2AB > 5D is gone, are there any enders that "guarantee" 5D for Narukami? I saw a player do Issen Shinden > 5D, so I'm just curious.

Even though 2AB > 5D is gone, are there any enders that "guarantee" 5D for Narukami? I saw a player do Issen Shinden > 5D, so I'm just curious.

So far all I've seen in vids is Shinden > 5D in corner (looks tight), and corner 214B slide knockdown > 5D which they can delay tech but you would still be able to safejump off that and use 5DD if it's as it used to be.

Corner 2C BDC > 5D should still work in combos where they can't airtech after the 2C, but nobody has done it yet that I've seen.

air hit CH 2B > 5D should still work, but maybe not as worth it...

even though there are ways to do 5D oki aside from sweep>5D, i've heard from jiyuna that it's really bad, in the sense that theres alot more recovery time, reducing our time to run our oki. so theres that to look forward too once we get our hands on the game.

Yea, looks like they've given more mix-up options at the cost of Oki.

Guess 5D is pretty bad now considering it only hits twice and recovery doesn't give enough time to properly mix-up... but Yu has better mix-up options now and forcing people to block is always good!

Sweep 5D is gone, but Narukami somehow still looks better to me than he did before. I would trade derp autopilot freebee mixup for more options in a heartbeat. I'm on planning giving him a shot as a sub this time around again.

What I assume you mean he looks more interesting not more powerful because I don't see how he could possibly be stronger then he was before. A lot more respectable of a character though that's for sure. Same for Chie to uuuhhhh I think.

Oh wow that stabby super of his does like ZERO damage wow no wonder it has a 1 frame startup or something like that.

B version has better min.damage than Ziodyne.

Damn, Raging Lion B lost its ground bounce?

There goes our 4-5k OMCs...

I can manage with all of the other sweet stuff though.

Edited by Ziodyne_7