pktazn

[P4AU] Yukiko Amagi Gameplay Discussion

How do you guys feel about Yukiko's new 5aa? Her 5aaa is awesome, but I think I still like the old 5aa, even if the new 5aa is better on block. It makes it so much easier to confirm off of 5a air hits.

It feels like it's much harder to convert off of a 5d FC if it catches them in the air. Either the opponent can tech earlier, or the new 5aa doesn't let Yuki hit the opponent as high anymore to get the higher confirms. Any thoughts?

I just do 5D > 5A > 5C > 214B combos. This makes it so that if 5D hits them from behind I'll get proper positioning from Sakuya and just do a regular FC combo from there. On the other hand, I would just do 5D FC > 2C > 5C into 214B combos and this works from any range since you don't have to move close to the opponent at all to do. This doesn't work if you're doing Maragi loops but I find that combo much harder in this version and easier to mess up.

But the 5AA definitely had a better hitbox and it sucks that we lose it.

How do you guys feel about Yukiko's new 5aa? Her 5aaa is awesome, but I think I still like the old 5aa, even if the new 5aa is better on block. It makes it so much easier to confirm off of 5a air hits.

It feels like it's much harder to convert off of a 5d FC if it catches them in the air. Either the opponent can tech earlier, or the new 5aa doesn't let Yuki hit the opponent as high anymore to get the higher confirms. Any thoughts?

on normal hit, it is now really hard to confirm out of 5A, especially at max height : you're forced to go for air combos in this case. on max height counter hit, you can either go for 5A>2B>5C >214B or 5A>delay>5AA>5C>214B. those confirms take some time to get used to

for 5D FC, the routes proposed by Etherlite are perfectly fine, but if you hit the opponent too high for either the 5A or 5C to hit properly, you should go for dash>hjc>jA>236AB>release B>delay >release A>5C> dancing flame loops : it costs an additional 25 meter, but it is definitely on of the most consistent I've found so far. It also lets you end your combo with double super (without the boost since you don't have enough meter) if you need to end the round quickly !

Is Yukiko any more pad friendly in Ultimax due to dancing flames instead of maragi loops (even though pad woes can be solved just by mapping C and D to shoulder buttons but still)?

Is Yukiko any more pad friendly in Ultimax due to dancing flames instead of maragi loops (even though pad woes can be solved just by mapping C and D to shoulder buttons but still)?

The short answer is yes, butyou require extra sp to get big damage compared to maragi loops, for 25sp you can do 5aa > 5b > 5c > 2c > 214ab > 5c > 214a for 2.5K or for 50sp you can do 5aa > 5b > 5c > 2c > 214ab > 5c > 214ab > 5c > 214a for 2.9k without fire levels

Even though Dancing Flames does most of the combo work, you should still have SB Agi in mind as it's still good for unblockable set-ups, and it's your best use of meter for grab bait j.C CH.

Don't double maragi loops still do more damage than the dance routes anyway? I mean yeah you can land dance stuff off of more things but as far as maxing out damage, unless I'm mistaken you get about 300-400 more off of double maragi than dance for the same meter expenditure and same oki.

I have no problem using SB Agi but holding SB agi and doing maragi loops and detonating them while holding is weird unless you hold your hand in a certain way or claw the controller.

I have no problem using SB Agi but holding SB agi and doing maragi loops and detonating them while holding is weird unless you hold your hand in a certain way or claw the controller.

I just use A+B shoulder button macro in conjunction with button hold.  Holding A+B and A and releasing A+B gives me B release, holding A and pressing A+C macro on the other shoulder gives me C press, etc.  Bit convoluted but it works out just fine.

I'm looking at the Yukiko Dustloop wiki and it states that Yukiko has invul when she uses 214214A/B/SB. The frame data doesn't say that it has invul and from testing I was getting hit out of 214214A/B/SB.

Where does it say? I went to the wiki to change the info but I can't find it. I see that Maragidyne has invul listed on the wiki but not Radiant Pheonix.

It's listed on the Pros and Cons section. There's actually two Pro/Con notes regarding Radiant Phoenix.

• Invulnerable while executing Flying Vermilion at level 6 Fire Boost
  • Terrible Defensive Option without level 6 fire boost 

Vermilion is not invulnerable at all to my knowledge, it plows through any projectile though, so maybe Yukiko herself has projectile invulnerability ? surely enough, she doesn't have physical invuln while doing so(I spam it like crazy when playing S.Yukiko and never saw it win against physical attacks) ! It's most likely a mistake, hope it will be fixed

Fixed and thanks! I removed both bullet points cuz I'm not sure if it is a good defensive option (don't have the game yet) and it was most likely there because of the invul pro that was listed.

If it's projectile invul it'd be better to put it with the move rather than the pros/cons. If we're not sure though I'll hold off until it's been really tested or they release an updated mook.

So, for Vermilion Bird, after testing, only the bird is invincible to projectile, Yukiko herself  doesn't have sort of invulnerability at any point ! It's a downer, but oh well^^

Some notes regarding S.Yukiko's combos I poster earlier

-You can actually set a shadow fury combo from an AoA even midscreen : AoA>Shadow fury>236D>run up>2AB>236A into combo listed earlier

-the combo is strongly affected by placement as the Agis are set differently depending on your opponen'ts position : you need to be close to get all the charges and the midscreen combo. To alleviate the issue of placement, I strongly recommend doing things like 5AA>2C>Shadow Fury cancel on the two first hits> micro dash>236A into combo listed earlier. of course, corner combos are unaffected

- given that you can't always do all the charges, I also recommend getting  1 to 3 levels before going into Shadow Fury combo : this way you can get max damage from corner resets, and you can skip charges midscreen if you're not placed ideally

- Combos I found don't work on Sho and Minazuki because their hitbox is not detected by Maragi when they are falling. Off an UB Maragi starter, it's often better to go for Dancing flame loops into double super if you want the damage, and don't need the level-up. Be careful though, in shadow Fury, you can cancel any hit of 5C/2C into specials, so you'll have to be wary of your timing on dancing flames if you don't want the combo to drop : the classic and easy  route is 236D>214CD>2C>2B>delay 5C>214B> delay 2C>5C>214AB>5C>214A>214214D>214CD>236236D>214CD for 5.4k + lv 6. Of course the more levels you had before the UB, the more damage you'll get from this (beginning at lv 5 will get you 7.6k for example)

If you want the level-ups from a basic ground starter, you'll have to set for a far less damaging route : 5AA>2C>Shadow fury> micro dash >236A>236AB>delayed 214CD> release B>214CD> release A> dash forward >5C>214B>214214D>214CD>236236D>214CD> (214C) for 4.6 k and level 8 minimum. This is also the route you'd want to use if you want to capitalize from a 2A starter.

-you can set the corner  UB reset I mentioned in the previous post from a 2A. remember this if you're a greedy S.Yukiko with a corner to work with ! it's harder to get the knockdown from 214B to make the UB hard to punish though !

Hey guys, guess what? Yukiko sucks. \ o /

But about invul on vermillion bird, I'm pretty sure it has invul on the S-Hold version. Makes a crappy reversal since they can see it coming from a mile away but who knows, it might beat some things.

Went back to Yukiko for a little bit because Flame Dance combos seems easier. With the tweaks to her moves though some quick questions:

1. Should I be using SB Flame Dance combos whenever possible, or conserving for Agidynes? It seems Agidyne finishers aren't that impressive now without notable Fire Boosts.

2. Does she have a good corner carry combo that puts her in a good position to maintain close range pressure?

3. Is the Kanji matchup more slanted in his favour now? Primal Force seems to shut down most of Yukiko's tools outside of 4/5/6D, weakening her zoning greatly.

So how come ending with B agi brings the persona back to you to do the move? I mean, it's better than what I want it for, but it throws me off.

So how come ending with B agi brings the persona back to you to do the move? I mean, it's better than what I want it for, but it throws me off.

I think they changed it so that you can't lay fireballs as oki from fullscreen, A agi does the same thiing.

anybody wanna help me learn shadow yukiko? lol 

It's a change they did to Agi. Sakuya will always cast Agi at the same location (aka by Yukiko). This applies to all versions. Not sure exactly why they changed it.

Went back to Yukiko for a little bit because Flame Dance combos seems easier. With the tweaks to her moves though some quick questions:

1. Should I be using SB Flame Dance combos whenever possible, or conserving for Agidynes? It seems Agidyne finishers aren't that impressive now without notable Fire Boosts.

2. Does she have a good corner carry combo that puts her in a good position to maintain close range pressure?

3. Is the Kanji matchup more slanted in his favour now? Primal Force seems to shut down most of Yukiko's tools outside of 4/5/6D, weakening her zoning greatly.

1. Agidyne finishers are best if you know it'll kill them or put them in the corner since Agidyne C in corner lets you set up Fire Break or 2D unblockables. Using more than one Fire Dance in the corner makes it difficult to maintain corner pressure cause you move back too far so a Fire Dance + Agi A + Agidyne C is best for high damage and follow-up pressure. I personally use SB Fire Dance in far reaching confirms, Fire Break unblockables or full-screen but otherwise it's best to save meter in case something bad happens.

2. Not anymore with the Agi B changes. She's very good at resetting to neutral or forcing opponents to start from far away if they fail in their approaches but she can't exactly carry herself to the corner with the opponent except for Maragidyne but even that depends on positioning. 

3. It's even now. In P4A Kanji has difficulties dealing with her in neutral, which was why it was in her favor, but patient Kanji players would just learn to block and be patient with their approaches so it wasn't exactly a terrible match-up. Now it's even because he actually has tools to compete with her in neutral. She still has the ability to keep him out, but it's not nearly as easy.

She does still have airdash options on standing opponents as far as corner carry -> close range goes. Not as damaging as dance combos and more difficult to do execution-wise, but they are still there.

Hey guys, I'm thinking about picking up Yukiko but I'm not sure if I'll main her. How important would you say her SB Agi is in her combo game? Can you make do without it? Also, what staples should I keep in mind with my game-plan?

I know I'm not too keen on making use of fire boost and break. Should I be going for them immediately after I land a combo?

Hey guys, I'm thinking about picking up Yukiko but I'm not sure if I'll main her. How important would you say her SB Agi is in her combo game? Can you make do without it? Also, what staples should I keep in mind with my game-plan?

I know I'm not too keen on making use of fire boost and break. Should I be going for them immediately after I land a combo?

SB Agi is mostly used for optimized combos from very good starters (5C/2C/jC counters 5D/2D fatals,Maragi starters). and you can still use dancing flames loop to replace them (meaning you give up on additional damage, but get really easy combos instead). Dancing flame loops can still be unreliable depending on spacing/position/height, but you can make necessary adjustments mid-combo once you get used to it.

It's still used sometimes in corner pressure, but it's kinda useless for neutral/pressure 90% of the time, so yeah, you can do without.

For staples, I won't really say anything advanced, I'm far from being a good enough Yukiko player to tell you about that. Only advice I could give you now is

1. learn to throw fans : you can throw 4/5/6 B or BB to get different speeds on every fan. you can also control the angle of vertical fans with 1/2/3B, same for air fans. this also applies to her D attacks (you can control the distance they travel the same way). So first step would be to learn how to combine all those options to zone the opponent effectively. once you're there, you can add Agis (236A/B) and Maragis (236C/D) to make your zoning scarier

2.learn how her "pressure" works. Yukiko has holes everywhere in her blockstrings, and that can help you or ruin you depending on how you make use of them. so just fiddle with strings, jump cancels,  hops, 2D/5D pressure resets and so on.

Yukiko's game-plan is very MU dependent,  so it's hard to give advice on what you should do that works in every situation. Fire Boost and Fire Break are definitely useful, but you can't/don't have to always go for them. They are still a good options against people that choose to turtle you knowing that her zoning is slow and reactable !

Somebody propped up a Skype group so it could be a good idea to join it, as it'll be easier to answer questions without it looking a mess like what I just posted xD !