Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REPTILE0009

Tier List of Easiest Characters to Play in BlazBlue?

From easiest (S) to hardest (Carl)

S: Jin, Noel, Terumi, Tager, Kagura

A: Bullet, Ragna, Hakumen, Platinum, Azrael, Bang, Tsubaki

B: Nu, Makoto, Mu, Litchi

B-: Kokonoe

C: Relius, Hazama, Valkenhayn, Tao

D: Arakune, Rachel, Amane, Izayoi

Carl Tier: Carl

I honestly think Kokonoe is harder than Amane. Amane is only hard because he's bad, nothing he does is actually difficult at all.

Litchi is harder than Kokonoe: hit confirms, spacing, neutral, zoning, pressure etc... are all more difficult to do.

From easiest (S) to hardest (Carl)

S: Jin, Noel, Terumi, Tager, Kagura

A: Bullet, Ragna, Hakumen, Platinum, Azrael, Bang, Tsubaki

B: Nu, Makoto, Mu, Litchi

B-: Kokonoe

C: Relius, Hazama, Valkenhayn, Tao

D: Arakune, Rachel, Amane, Izayoi

Carl Tier: Carl

I always thought Arakune was mad easy to play, and it's just the timing of the bugs is just the hard thing about him.

I always thought Arakune was mad easy to play, and it's just the timing of the bugs is just the hard thing about him.

Arakune has a decent learning curve. Its all negative edge including directions, so he's not simple to pull off clean pressure with on a cursed target.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Easy (Straightforward neutral, easy combo routes): Ragna, Jin, Terumi, Bullet, Makoto.

Moderate (Some quirky neutral game, slightly harder combo routes): everybody not listed below.

Challenging (Difficult neutral, fast reaction requirements, hard combo routes): Hazama, Litchi, Taokaka, Valkenhayn, Rachel.

Hard mode (Are you a bad enough dude to play this character?): Carl

Ass mode (Characters that are ungodly levels of hard because they don't have the tools to compete): Amane, Izayoi

I wouldn't really call Hazama or Litchi challenging. Hazama's new combos are harder than most of the other characters', but that just means they require a bit more practice, and his neutral only requires moderate effort if you understand how to play him, while Litchi's only real difficulty is in staff usage (namely, positioning) and certain hitconfirms. They're certainly not as easy as Ragna or Jin, but that's like saying eggs are harder to make than toast.

Oh god I remember that, I think they played CS1 or something. They played a single, 5-round match. And yeah, the Hakumen mashed 3C to victory.
Hakumen the large red knight.

That commentary was amazing.

Ragna is stupid easy. ... he just looks awesome doing it now.

Ragna has always looked awesome when fighting.

Ahh I fondly remember my Ragna time during Continuum Shift:

*Corner combo > Cross under > 5D > Carnage Scissor them across the screen > Make Ragna slowly walk towards them as if to say,

"Yeah...You just got fucked up."*

And yes he was very easy to use. Although now you can't mash the DPs in his combos like I used to.

Ragna has to be S tier with Jin not being too far behind; their buttons range from very good to decent with the easiest combos on the planet.

Easy (Straightforward neutral, easy combo routes): Ragna, Jin, Terumi, Bullet, Makoto.

Moderate (Some quirky neutral game, slightly harder combo routes): everybody not listed below.

Challenging (Difficult neutral, fast reaction requirements, hard combo routes): Hazama, Litchi, Taokaka, Valkenhayn, Rachel.

Ass mode (Characters that are ungodly levels of hard because they don't have the tools to compete): Amane, Izayoi

I think Makoto should be in the moderate tier. Her drive timings would give any newbie fits. You would be surprised at how terrible people are if they have never played a fighting game before.

My college roommates sat down and seriously tried to learn this game once. For a few HOURS they all tried to do the basic combos of their respective characters.

One guy was stuck on 5B > 5C > Hell's Fang for like 30 minutes

...5B...5C...Hell's Fang..........He never, ever got the followup attack to hit.

I remember thinking to myself, "What the hell is wrong with you people? This stuff should be easy." I think we are all seriously overestimating the aptitude of a BRAND new player. My roommates even played games like Smash Bros., CoD, and LOL. You would think they would have at least some aptitude, but no. Ragna is the first character any new blood should learn, for their own sake.

The only one who had a decent time learning combos was the guy who played Starcraft.

Oh God, I remember when I got into this series for the first time.

All I did was use 5A-5B-5C-5D with Ragna. I would occasionally use Hell's Fang and Gauntlet Hades, but canceling and such never crossed my mind back then.

If your making this its own category then Carl also belongs here. He gets outplayed by everyone in the game at neutral.... Makoto can turtle him for free, thats how bad it is.

If your making this its own category then Carl also belongs here. He gets outplayed by everyone in the game at neutral.... Makoto can turtle him for free, thats how bad it is.

Really? How can a Makoto turtle a Carl? If she tries this won't Carl just get in using the doll?

I assume he means more like running away and counter poking every time he tries to get close after you avoid the doll. I don't think Makoto is particularly great for that though.

On topic, Bullet. 5a 5b 5c 2c 5dd. Anyone can do it. Don't even need a special motion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

My college roommates sat down and seriously tried to learn this game once. For a few HOURS they all tried to do the basic combos of their respective characters.

One guy was stuck on 5B > 5C > Hell's Fang for like 30 minutes

...5B...5C...Hell's Fang..........He never, ever got the followup attack to hit.

I remember thinking to myself, "What the hell is wrong with you people? This stuff should be easy." I think we are all seriously overestimating the aptitude of a BRAND new player. My roommates even played games like Smash Bros., CoD, and LOL. You would think they would have at least some aptitude, but no. Ragna is the first character any new blood should learn, for their own sake.

The only one who had a decent time learning combos was the guy who played Starcraft.

talking with people who don't play fighting games competitively (or at all) consistently reminds me that I am WAY better at these games than I give myself credit for =3

Yea its honestly pretty bad. I give myself a lot of flack for losing, even in good matches... I need to stop doing that

So I started playing around with Bullet yesterday and I think she's really easy to learn. I figured out how to do most of her practical combos in a couple of hours, and I'd swear it took weeks to learn Izayoi's combos (j.BAC why does it not connect? What am I doing wrong? D: ) Having easy combos is nice when getting into a fighting game because then you can concentrate on managing your resources and finding openings instead of fretting about dropping your combos. Her combos also seem pretty easy to confirm into even if it's tricky to approach with Bullet. Also, she has a combo-able standing overhead (without requiring resources or counter hits), a meter-less reversal, and oki in all her combos from her drive, so I think that she could be a good character to learn to get into the fighting game mentality for this game and become reasonably competent. I don't want to rank the other characters, but I think that Bullet would be pretty high on the "easy to learn" list.

Edit: Fixed a typo, wrote "be" twice somewhere...

Bullet is absolutely one of the most straightforward characters in the game. Couple that that with her potential to completely blow people up, and I would say you've picked a solid character. Be prepared for some tough matchups against characters with strong neutral though, they give her a VERY hard time. That won't really last for too long though, she is getting substantially better in the upcoming patch.

As for Carl being ass tier. What are you smoking? Carly is still strong in CP and can kill you so hard if he gets to play his game. If it were up to me, he would be A tier.

And on the topic of newbie players. I tried to explain vortex mixup to a friend the other day. The response I got was the best:

"Dude... That sounds fucking intense."

He knows what's up.

Nobody can turtle Carl for free, if that's the case the Carl player needs more practice. Only someone who has IB reflexes in his/her blood can deal with his pressure/UB setups.

Nobody can turtle Carl for free, if that's the case the Carl player needs more practice. Only someone who has IB reflexes in his/her blood can deal with his pressure/UB setups.

Can't characters with very strong neutral like Hazama or even Mu outplay and somewhat turtle Carl?

I won't say Carl is ass tier per se but his neutral is not as good as people think it is. Anyone who can poke the doll safety will generally have a relatively easy time dealing with his neutral; all of his bad matchups (Haku and Mu stand out in particular) consist of these kinds of characters. His inconsistent neutral is pretty much the main reason he's considered mid tier character despite his ridiculous vortex.

I won't say Carl is ass tier per se but his neutral is not as good as people think it is. Anyone who can poke the doll safety will generally have a relatively easy time dealing with his neutral; all of his bad matchups (Haku and Mu stand out in particular) consist of these kinds of characters. His inconsistent neutral is pretty much the main reason he's considered mid tier character despite his ridiculous vortex.

His doll is ridiculously annoying against people who can't poke it though. I find the Hazama/Carl matchup to be one of his worst since Hazama has to burn so much chain movement to get past the doll and he doesn't get any easy way to rebuild stocks. Not to mention Hazama doesn't really have any big safe long-range attacks capable of hurting the doll significantly without getting blown up by Carl himself in the process.

The doll is also annoying for neutralizing Izayoi's projectiles so I might just be biased. I definitely agree that characters like Mu and probably Ragna/Jin/Haku would wreck Carl for free though.