Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIne

FRC question (yes, i know)

so...I read the how to frc after HCL thread, but it didn't stress the frc part much, just the AD :psyduck: So...at which frame are you supposed to input the Frc? i mean people talk about frame all the time , but in a match, you don't pay attention to frames....you kinda in put things but timing and since your brain already memorized the timing...you get used to doing it on reaction. So if I am not looking at frames here, just plain timing....as in trying to practice gattling 5s© 5hs 63214786 k frc...and you are counting 123456(this pattern is faster than seconds and every odd number is a second starting from 1)... in rapid sucession, what # would the frc be...?

so...I read the how to frc after HCL thread, but it didn't stress the frc part much, just the AD :psyduck: So...at which frame are you supposed to input the Frc? i mean people talk about frame all the time , but in a match, you don't pay attention to frames....you kinda in put things but timing and since your brain already memorized the timing...you get used to doing it on reaction. So if I am not looking at frames here, just plain timing....as in trying to practice gattling 5s© 5hs 63214786 k frc...and you are counting 123456(this pattern is faster than seconds and every odd number is a second starting from 1)... in rapid sucession, what # would the frc be...?

... there's 60 frames in a second. That said, it's on 16 and 17 of the CL (1/30th of a second). Good luck counting. It's not really possible to give you an exact frame count in the way you specified since it depends on when you cancel, etc.

If you want to go by the animation, when doing HCL there's a point where her legs are completely horizontal. RIGHT AFTER THAT, her legs bend slightly. THAT'S when the FRC is.

i notice that point, sorta...but it doesn't really help cause i get naughty thoughts when i look at her legs in that position and what she coud do-...uhm... never mind but yeah, thanks

i notice that point, sorta...but it doesn't really help cause i get naughty thoughts when i look at her legs in that position and what she coud do-...uhm... never mind but yeah, thanks

Remeber I-no is just an animated character put into a 2d fighting game

maybe this would help stop the naughty thoughts. :keke::eng101::vbang:

Check the dustloop guides on the homepage for character specific frame data. It'll tell you exactly when the FRC points are and move properties. Also be sure to turn on input in training mode so you can see the blue flash when the frc point is.

Check the dustloop guides on the homepage for character specific frame data. It'll tell you exactly when the FRC points are and move properties. Also be sure to turn on input in training mode so you can see the blue flash when the frc point is.

yeah, do that already, that's how i practice, and i try not to look at and focus on my input too much so that i get used to doing it in a match....I will get it though...tomorrow before work, i will have hardcore make out-

practice session with I-no..

if you're on pad you need to press frc slightly faster than on stick, there is like a 1 or 2 frame delay via pad.

and ummm...

Posted Image

this is the real life i-no. the actual name is shiina ringo (if you want to google for more pics) and she is a very talented musician. (to be clear, this is the character i-no is based on)

if you're on pad you need to press frc slightly faster than on stick, there is like a 1 or 2 frame delay via pad.

and ummm...

Posted Image

this is the real life i-no. the actual name is shiina ringo (if you want to google for more pics) and she is a very talented musician. (to be clear, this is the character i-no is based on)

LOL... yeah I knew that already...I heard some of her songs...anyway...I made considerable progress this morning from practicing for 2 hrs...I am up to 35-40% that is up from 0-10% btw....XD

I get when i am supposed to press it and i found my problem...you guys were right, the timing is a bit inexplicable...what i was trying to do before that was not working was that i would try and press k,frc too fast and the game would not register the frc part...you have to press it like, right after k, but as if you are sliding from k to L1(yeah, its my crutch :keke: ) in almost the same manner that you would do a 5s, 6p or 5s, 5h...now that i am on vacation from work i should get to practice more and hopefully get in to 70-80 % with a few more hours...

LOL... yeah I knew that already...I heard some of her songs...anyway...I made considerable progress this morning from practicing for 2 hrs...I am up to 35-40% that is up from 0-10% btw....XD

I get when i am supposed to press it and i found my problem...you guys were right, the timing is a bit inexplicable...what i was trying to do before that was not working was that i would try and press k,frc too fast and the game would not register the frc part...you have to press it like, right after k, but as if you are sliding from k to L1(yeah, its my crutch :keke: ) in almost the same manner that you would do a 5s, 6p or 5s, 5h...now that i am on vacation from work i should get to practice more and hopefully get in to 70-80 % with a few more hours...

lol a few more hours.

replace hours with months and you should be good to go.

and sakura i meant macro on pad.

I can do it now, but extremely inconsistently and only off dash k, s, 6p 5s jc Js jH 632146 k frc AD... and i up up to 50-60 % with my frc's :yaaay:

This is aggravating.... I get the Frc ..okay, good, now, the air dash off grounded Hcl's...that is extremely hard....like i said i can only AD off air HCL's in a combo and even then its delayed, So J.S does not hit...and i know why that is.. cause i use frc 66 in the air so it comes out late.. the frc 66 does not work for me on the ground so i am trying to 6frc6 method. this is where the problem starts. i know i have to put 6 before the frc for at max 10 frames but everytime I try that, I get 6+frc and no air dash.. its almost as if i cant space the inputs and do it fast at the same time, so is there any visual or audio clues that i can use to time the first 6 with the frc?

what is the combo you're trying to do? you can just TK a stand alone HCL. I find that the problem most people have isn't the actual 6FRC6 part but the simple fact that they're not jump installing properly. If you're using her auto-jump install tricks (tech-fall/hoverdash) you need to be aware that they require you to be almost 100% on point with your inputs. If you're using stand alone jump installs then you should be doing the negative edge method. If you're JI'ing via mixup make sure that you're pressing c.S/K before you actually press 8. An easy one to learn for this is Note, 66 JH/JK,JS then 2K, S89632H14(789)6K 6FRC6 Another trick is to gattling c.S into K, it gives you a huge window to input the JI. As for queues, you just have to learn it. It'll take ALOT of time so don't get discouraged if you can't get it right away. (kind of the main reason no one plays I-No)

Not necessarily doing it in a combo...cause I know you can do TK Hcl 6frc6 by it self...but i input the first 6 too late so i get no air dash..I know you can input 6 when the red stuff around her legs start to appear (uh, oh that time of the month)... but when i try i get 6+frc...and no air dash...I am not refering to the JI methods...i havent even begun to practice those yet...but I know how to JI pretty easily

actually do the 360 motion and for the frc -airdash part input frc+6 (for example: p+k+s+6) and then press the 2nd 6 it still works thats how i do it also try to get a bit late the k so she can gain a bit of height and when u learn it u can try close to the ground

Baiken, Zappa, and Bridget all have super abusable hitboxes. May on the other hand... seriously, on midscreen baiken do jh, cs, 6p, 5h, hcl, 6frc6, js, vcl, stbt s, 5k, hcl, 6frc6, js, vcl, cs, js, jh, k-dive. i forget the exact number but it's a huge chuck of damage. around 300 i believe. i'll have to check the exact number later. If I remember right, may and zappa are under a stand alone cl. You can do the move alot lower than i did in the vid, but that was from muscle memory because i couldn't really see what i was doing, just recorded straight to the computer through my ps2's composite cables.