Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tataki

Airdash Academy - Official Thread

Episode 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ

Episode list: (Subject to change)

2. ************* *** ************
3. ******** **** ***** *******
4. ***** ****** part 1
5. ***** ****** part 2
6. ******** part 1
7. ******** part 2
8. ******, ******* *** ***** **********
9. ******** *** *******
10. ***** *****
11. ****** *****
12. *** ****** *********,*************, ******** *** *********

FAQ:

Q: But wait, what about Guilty Bits?
A: The remaining 3 episodes will be done prior to AA episode 1.

Q: But wait, what about Blazbits?
A: We are planning to launch the indiegogo campaign near BBCP's North American release date, around the end of March 2014. The status of the campaign will not affect Airdash Academy in any way. Airdash Academy is a smaller project but a more important one, since it covers a whole genre rather than a single title, while BlazBits is a huge side project that will only be produced if there's enough demand for it.

Q: What is Airdash Academy about?
A: The series is all about fundamental aspects and general understanding of how these types of games work, and some other technicalities that we think people should be aware of. Basically the lessons we learned from years of experience in these games will be explained as clearly as possible in a series of short videos.

Q: I watched an episode and I don't feel like I learned something new.
A: The series is going to help people catch up and so we'll cover many different topics. Some of which you may have already known, and some of which may be hard to grasp. Just be patient and let us present everything slowly, and dedicate some time to try to understand the concepts presented, even watching the video once won't be enough to fully grasp what's going on.

Q: What if I don't want to watch the opening at the start of each episode?
A: Then skip ahead 35 seconds. The opening is NOT meant for people who systematically watch the whole series, but for that random person who happened to come across a random episode. First impression is important, and on YouTube regardless of which episode you came across, we have roughly 10 seconds to spark your interest and get you to watch the rest, and this is how we are going to do it.

Q: My English is not very good. Can you make this in other languages as well?
A: While we can't promise anything in that aspect, we learned our lessons from Guilty Bits and will not only simplify the English as much as possible, but we'll also put the script in written form on the screen, to make it easier to understand compared to just the vocal narration.

I'm not sure what these videos could include, since having something like BlazBlue, Melty Blood and Arcana Heart 3 together would be like making a video series with Street Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat and KOF XIII together. Something like airdashing isn't even that relevant in something like AH3, so I'm interested to see what this will have.

Are you looking for more players to contribute? Or have you chosen your whole team already?

Not sure if you missed this or not.

Not sure if you missed this or not.

I guess I could use some really great experts for Blazblue and Persona specifically.

Good job, Chemical Lovers. The first episode is really informative and concise for new players who are looking to get into fighting games. Keep it up, looking forward to the next episode (hope it's releasing soon).

This hasn't yet covered what the characteristics of an airdash fighter are and how that affects the gameplay .....

This hasn't yet covered what the characteristics of an airdash fighter are and how that affects the gameplay .....

^ This

Hey tataki when you get to the p4u2 selection of airdash academy i know a bunch of friends in the community that could help

I think that they are...ambiguous

They wants to aim at new player, but at the same time they take for granted mostly all terminology and such, while they are no help at all for veterans

What I really I'm contrary to is that 70% on what is said and that you "should" need to learn and dedicate by study and video, as well as the majority of notion exposed, while in reality is something that you acquire by actually playing. Indeed some things, like combos or block strings, has to be practiced also in training mode, but usually getting better in a fg is a matter of trial and repeat done by playing it.

But I guess that the best way you have to find it out is to look by yourself

After all anyone has its own opinion in how to get better!

Sent from my RM-914_eu_italy_292 using Tapatalk

Well, what you said made me kinda curious :D I am one of these players who lurked around like forever without actually achieving anything. I started several games only to put them down after a week. This left me having no executional skill and a basic understanding of theoretical stuff. I think I will give them a shot later today :)

Well, what you said made me kinda curious :D I am one of these players who lurked around like forever without actually achieving anything. I started several games only to put them down after a week. This left me having no executional skill and a basic understanding of theoretical stuff. I think I will give them a shot later today :)

I say yes. Even among things that I do know, it at least gave me a different perspective. My struggles are neutral and pressure execution. I think it gave me something to think about. I'm a mediocre player so I'm not sure how beneficial they are if you are new.  But I think it's more beneficial to newcomers than some of the higher level players may think. Even if they don't know what's going on, they will at least see that there is a lot to be uncovered and seek solutions that way.