Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_d3v

Guilty Gear Isuka now on Steam

From the Steam forums:

I have a feeling this is only getting released and not the more 'Newer' ones, simply because Kiss Ltd bought up the original publisher (Funbox) and is just putting what Funbox had the rights to publish onto Steam.

And since Funbox dont have any of the other GG games in their Library, dont expect to see any of the others unless this sells really well.

Yep.

Well this is super unexpected.

I sorta hoped this would lead to more Arc games on PC in the near future but . . .

Yep.

this doesn't sound very encouraging. :/

....I wish I had 8 bucks right now...! (I got 1.30 so thats for the standard price should I be unlcuky getting it before the 23rd)

Isuka is the only title that publisher had the rights to, thus it was the reason why it was released on steam. They will be trying to convince Arcsy. to give them more rights for more titles so they can port them over, thus why they need as much positive support as possible to prove to Arcsy. that there is enough demand for it in steam (specially after the poor sales fiasco of CT on window live games).

I highly advice you to support this cause in order we see more games in steam and also please sign/post on the petition i made on steam. They will be showing it!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/267900/discussions/0/648817377547820590/

Stay awesome :)

Isuka is the only title that publisher had the rights to, thus it was the reason why it was released on steam. They will be trying to convince Arcsy. to give them more rights for more titles so they can port them over, thus why they need as much positive support as possible to prove to Arcsy. that there is enough demand for it in steam (specially after the poor sales fiasco of CT on window live games).

I highly advice you to support this cause in order we see more games in steam and also please sign/post on the petition i made on steam. They will be showing it!

I highly doubt that there will be anymore titles after this one, most people were surprised this was even on steam. Also, as someone else said, the BBCT Windows port sold poorly, and I doubt this will be any better.

I highly doubt that there will be anymore titles after this one, most people were surprised this was even on steam. Also, as someone else said, the BBCT Windows port sold poorly, and I doubt this will be any better.

You underestimate the power of Steam sales. Even something as petty as trading cards has people buying games they never had an interest in playing before.

You underestimate the power of Steam sales. Even something as petty as trading cards has people buying games they never had an interest in playing before.

and gabe newell...turns out in german his name means "to give"....maybe thats why we got steam sales :P

I'm just going to assume this is timed with the thought that GGXrd is coming and just run with it.

My PC sucks, so Steam is out of the question at the moment. (But I still have my PS2 version so oh well).

It's timed with the publisher buying out someone else and acquiring the rights, nothing more.

"Just to clarify, this has nothing to do with Arc System Works. We have acquired the rights for distribution from another company. With that said, however, we will be contacting Arc System Works to see if they have interest in us helping them bring additional titles to Steam. Thanks for your interest!"

From Leopold's link at the top of the page.

I'm aware of that... I'm just saying, regardless of who released what...it's Guilty Gear, so why play referee about it? GGXrd is coming GET HYPE, is all I'm saying.

FYI, Isuka PC has been available on Direct2Drive (now Gamefly Digital) for years.

They shouldn't bother begging for more ports. Arc stopped porting to PC after BBCT because they got burned by piracy too hard.

Arc stopped porting to PC after BBCT because they got burned by piracy too hard.

Piracy had nothing to do with it.

It was released only in Japan and Europe, only available in hard copies or on GFWL, when both were already abandoned by almost everyone on PC.

Nobody knew it even existed until months down the line.

Months down the line nobody knew if it even got the console patches or if 360 cross online still worked, and then they were already getting their preorder for CS on console paid off.

Piracy had nothing to do with it.

It was released only in Japan and Europe, only available in hard copies or on GFWL, when both were already abandoned by almost everyone on PC.

Nobody knew it even existed until months down the line.

Months down the line nobody knew if it even got the console patches or if 360 cross online still worked, and then they were already getting their preorder for CS on console paid off.

I owned BB: Calamity Trigger for PC (bought it in Thailand for like 10 usd) there were no online games. Beautiful port. The real problem is cross play, if they could make the games compatible with their ps3 fan base it would work, but further fracturing their players by system just alienates people. Skull girls PC is the only way to go now... Btw if I own the direct2drive copy of gg Isuka can I get a steam key? Wondering... Regardless it's an old game published by someone who is not arc systems works, hopefully this will mean arc system works takes their future games direct to steam.

Do they have a twitter account or facebook page? I'd like to initiate another flooding campaign, considering the big success of the previous one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9P45nYUlxg

Edit: NVM found everything I need. I'll make a video on Saturday.

hit them up on twitter and facebook, as well as shared Tatakis vid on facebook to find some more people amongst those I know. This very notion has me... well I just have a smile on my face that if it persists for more than 4 houra I might need to see a doctor :3