Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna Yuki

[FB] The Banshee Thread - What can I do to please you, Master ? :)

RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee

Pilot : Marida Cruz

Cost : 2500

Durability : 600

Overall Height : 19.7 meters (Unicorn Mode)/21.7 meters (Destroy Mode)

Standard Weight : 24.0 metric tons

20120417222043-20649.jpg

Movelist

Unicorn Mode

[A] Main : Beam Magnum

Fires a fast beam projectile. Similar to Unicorn's main.

Ammo : 3

Damage : 85

Reload Time : 5 seconds, reloads when empty

Staggers in 1 hit. Knockdown in 3 hits.

[CSa] Hyper Bazooka

Fires its bazooka. Similar to Unicorn's sub.

Damage : 90

Charge Time : 2 seconds

[AB] Sub : Beam Saber (Throw)

Throws Beam Sabers like freakin' huge boomerangs !

Ammo : 1

Damage : 20~36

Reload Time : 5 seconds

[AC] Special Shoot : Armed Armor BS (High Output)

Creates an irregular beam line which stays on the field for some seconds. Light Stun.

Damage : 80

[CSb] Special Melee : NT-D System

Turns into Destroy Mode.

Timer : 100

Charge Time : 3.5 seconds

Reload Time : 12 seconds

Destroy Mode

[A] Main : Armed Armor BS

Fires fast big beams.

Ammo : 4

Reload Time : 3 seconds per ammo

Staggers in 1 hit. Knockdown in 3 hits.

[CSa] Hyper Bazooka

Fires its bazooka. Similar to Unicorn's Sub.

Damage : 100

Charge Time : 2 seconds

[AB] Sub : Beam Saber (Throw)

Throws Beam Sabers like freakin' huge boomerangs !

Damage : 22~41

Relaod Time : 5 seconds

[AC] Special Shoot : Armed Armor BS (High Output)

Creates an irregular beam line which stays on the field for some seconds. Light Stun.

[ABC] Burst Attack : Armed Armor BS (Maximum Output)

Fires Armed Armor BS from a side to another or straight forward.

Damage : ? (Assault)/? (Blast)

Cancel Routes

Unicorn Mode

[A]>[AB][bC]

Main>Sub, Special Melee

Beam Magnum>Beam Saber (Throw), Armed Armor VN

[AB]>[AC][bC]

Sub>Special Shoot, Special Melee

Beam Saber (Throw)>Armed Armor BS (High Output), Armed Armor VN

[AC]>[bC]

Special Shoot>Special Melee

Armed Armor BS (High Output)>Armed Armor VN

[CSb]>[bC]

CSb>Special Melee

NT-D System>Armed Armor VN

Destroy Mode

[A]>[AB][bC]

Main>Sub, Special Melee

Armed Armor BS>Beam Saber (Throw), Armed Armor VN

[AB]>[AC][bC]

Sub>Special Shoot, Special Melee

Beam Saber (Throw)>Armed Armor BS (High Output), Armed Armor VN

[AC]>[bC]

Special Shoot>Special Melee

Armed Armor BS (High Output)>Armed Armor VN

Both the neutral and 4/6 supers are unblockable, so if you force them to block you can land a raw super for some great damage. A lot of people try to block on wakeup if they know they can't sidestep out of a heated landing so that's a nice point for a super. Another more sophisticated example is something that happens fairly often when someone blocks against Banshee after her boomerang and blocks the stun attack. Instead of launching the stun, you can go straight into super for a dirty mixup. There's also the more obvious time to use it as a landing punish or confirming with a zunda, but that should be fairly apparent already.

Her side supers are useful in the sense that it has great horizontal range and stuns. They don't do much damage but I've hit with them using it for oki so it isn't awful. Pillars are where the main damage is and they only appear at the very edge of red-lock so it's difficult to actually get them to land.

As far as using supers in the first place is up to you but I would never use them in blast burst unless it would be worthwhile. Assault burst is a different story but the pros of using blast burst, outweigh the assault burst choice imo.

PS to thread owner: would be nice if you actually filled out more info in your threads.

Just some things to add:

Banshee has a nice Neutral/5 combo while in Destroy Mode that ends with launching the opponent into the air that CAN be followed up by [bC] Armed Armor VN if you're fast enough: 5BBBBB--[bC]

In Destroy Mode, [bC] Armed Armor VN has three versions: Neutral/5 [bC] will have Banshee rush, grab the opponent by the head and drag them across the ground a good distance before jumping away, (though the damage doesn't seem to be that great) , side 4/6 [bC] where Banshee will grab the opponent, fly up into the air and blow them up in a "Heat End"-style explosion (that does pretty good damage which is great to follow up the Destroy Mode Neutral combo), and 8 [bC] in which Banshee grabs the opponent by the head and crushes it, causing an explosion (great damage, too). Also, 4/6 [bC] and 2 [bC] have evasion properties, so it can be used to lose target locks.

You can chain two Destroy Mode [bC] Armed Armor VN's together if you're fast enough (only 4/6 [bC] into 8/2 [bC]). You can also chain either the 4/6 [bC] or 2 [bC] into your Extreme Burst [ABC].

Banshee has a CC/BD8BBBBB that does great damage and is pretty safe from getting hit because of how high it climbs into the air. Unfortunately, you can't connect or cancel the last hit into [bC] Armed Armor VN.

A basic, but damaging, combo: 2B--[bC] (version and mode doesn't matter)

When Banshee's Armor Gauge/HP gets below 240, it will stay in Destroy Mode, unlike Unicorn.

First hit of 2B has minimal down value so you're actually able to do something like this for dumb maximum damage:

All 2B's are 1 hit and 8B+C mashed and cancelled before explosion

2B → 8B+C > 2B → 8B+C > 2B → 5B+C (Assault Burst)> 2B → 8B+C > 2B → 8B+C > 2B → 8B+C (explode) 5B+C (explode)

First hit of 2B has minimal down value so you're actually able to do something like this for dumb maximum damage:

All 2B's are 1 hit and 8B+C mashed and cancelled before explosion

2B → 8B+C > 2B → 8B+C > 2B → 5B+C (Assault Burst)> 2B → 8B+C > 2B → 8B+C > 2B → 8B+C (explode) 5B+C (explode)

You have to have lightning-fast reflexes to get this to work, because the triangle dash between 8[bC] and the following 2B is so short that it's easy to miss the chain follow-up. After 10 minutes of trying, I could only get to the third 2B before I gave up.

You shouldn't be falling during the 8BC (which, by the way, is more easily input as 2BC, since you're combo-ing from 2B in the first place). If you do a 1hit 2B, you'll pretty much just stay horizontal during the 2/8BC. If you get more than 1 hit on 2B, you'll start sinking during the grab.

I was testing it to see how much damage it did and how hard it was to cut that sort of combo, so I ended up trying it a couple times.

Recorded it once as an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0LZwljcuFI

A shortlist of significant combos:

Unicorn combos:

234    BB8B→AC    BnB combo

233    4BBB→AC

Basically any common combo ending with B→AC will net you 203-234 damage

175    AC>>BB→BC    Stun from AC makes this a more reliable source of damage.

165    BR>>AC→BC    For conserving BR ammo.

NT-D combos:

287    BDbBBB→8/2BC>2B→2BC>BC

282    4B-5B-8B→8/2BC

273    4B-5B-8B→BC

251    BDbBBB→4BC>BC

251    BDbBBB>A

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I wish I could have played Arcade Banshee back before the boomerang nerf :( And even with the Ex Burst-->NT-D change, my 3k Unicorn is still jealous of the amount of NT-D uptime and NT-D combos Banshee gets. Super can be hard to hit with, NT-D combos are complex, but a really satisfying suit to play.

Also, I did not know that about the 2B2BC> chain. 320 damage?? That's filthy lol.

Double front banshee

Unlimited boomerang works.

Edit:  Since no proper replies happened, most teamcomps work though, anything that can deal with the fact she sucks at front when she's not NTD.

It hasn't been listed here yet, but I'll add it for some FYI stuff:

In NT-D, when Banshee does the 5B~ combo, there's actually 3 endings to it:

1. 5BBBB-A  Banshee will grab the opponent, lift them over its head and then shoot them straight up.

2. 5BBBB-B  Banshee will perform an uppercut, knocking the opponent far away (easy to follow-up with [AC] or [bC])

3. 5BBBB-8B  Banshee will jump up and backhand the opponent, which makes them slide across the ground a long distance. 

I'll add more if I find anything else...

If you tap repeatedly during the holding part of [bC] (NTD-version), it will increase the duration of the grab (Banshee will crush the opponent with the Vibration Nail up to five times before the explosion).