Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AirMaster

[FB] Ex-S Gundam General: Look ma! No pilot!

Unit: MSA-0011[Ext] Ex-S Gundam
HP: 680
Pilot: ALICE

Ex-S @ Japanese Wiki

4m9r.jpg

Movelist

[A] Beam Smartgun
Ammo: 10
Damage: 80

[CSa] Head Incom
Damage: 30 (per hit)

[AB] Beam Cannon
Ammo: 2
Damage: 140

[AC] Beam Smartgun (Sniping Mode)
Ammo: 1
Damage: 120

[bC] Reflector Incoms
Ammo: 3
Damage: 110

[ABC] Burst Attack: The Will of ALICE
Damage: 321

MA Mode

EX-S has an MA mode. To access it, hold C and double tap a direction.

MA mode has the same moveset as MS mode, except for no csA.

BC > BC does not work.

BC will launch Incoms while maintaining motion. Cannot change back to MS mode during animation.

AC will cause EX-S to face opponent.

please refrain from making useless comments.

Wut? EX-S looks really boring, his gameplay seems boring as hell and seems more boring since it hasn't pilot.

What is your problem? Only can I only post things like "wee, super cool, brburubru"?

I think he's pretty fun. His L2 sniper shot is great. Incredible range on it.

Wut? EX-S looks really boring, his gameplay seems boring as hell and seems more boring since it hasn't pilot.

What is your problem? Only can I only post things like "wee, super cool, brburubru"?

You should probably post things that are actually interesting comments. Like, if you wanted to say "his long ranged gameplay looks very simplistic and shallow compared to other mechs" that'd be fine because it'd have, you know, some substance to it. boring "wow so exciting redframe has a katana!1111" comments aren't good either. And why having no pilot impact whether or not he's fun/interesting or boring? That has no impact on his gameplay, and his canonical human pilot is garbage. A.L.I.C.E. is actually competent, which may be why they decided to go pilotless.

Anyway- having such a slow 3k is an interesting decision. I doubt he'll actually be good for traditional 3k front play, but maybe I just underestimate his ability to force damage. His 2b parry should help vs melee rushdown, but non-melee tools that are threatening at mid range may give him a lot of trouble. More incom users also helps diversify the game(especially put on a 3k instead of a 2k), although i'd really have to get hands on with him to judge how his is incoms are aside from really obvious far range overheat sniping. csA looked really useful in other vids.

I also wonder whether the nuclear explosion on his super is actually ever useful in an attempt to nuke/zone the other enemy, or if it is just too telegraphed and such like zaku3's suicide explosion.

I think he's pretty fun. His L2 sniper shot is great. Incredible range on it.

Yeah, it sort of reminds me how in vanilla EXVS qubeley funnels could be used to punish someone from greenlock range, but obviously more damage etc haha.

I also wonder whether the nuclear explosion on his super is actually ever useful in an attempt to nuke/zone the other enemy, or if it is just too telegraphed and such like zaku3's suicide explosion.

From my experience, I've been shot down almost every time I've used it. He leads into it with a small combo, and takes a pretty big pause before firing the nuke laser, so it's pretty easy for the other player to wait and interrupt if they're paying attention.

That said, very fun suit. His BC is really cool. You can deploy it and then target the other enemy, and if timed right, shoot down the person you deployed on while keeping the other person busy. And yeah, the range is absolutely nuts. They don't refill with bursts sadly, but I guess I can see why. lol

In case you guys didn't know, sniper shot tracks better if the opponent is FURTHER away from you, that means if the opponent is just barely in your lock range, the tracking is so good that it guarantees a hit. And don't trust the weapon against AI, AI could dodge them without any hassle, but trust me, against players it is A 95% HIT RATE. I am not really surprised when I found out that reflector shots couldn't be reloaded at all.

Also, reflectors will not retract except you cancel the shooting animation or you get downed. You can just launch the reflector right at the start of the match to one of the enemy, then fight the other one, suddenly POOF, you fire the reflector beam, enemy downed. The muzzle tracking is so unbelievably good that you don't even need to look to know you hit someone. Forced damage right there.

It is really not a problem that it is slow, aside from whip-weapons, most melee could be negated by simply using ac, if not just MA-away. In mid range he still dominates because of the solid and simple a>ac combo, and CSa which doesn't require stopping to launch

In my experience ,melee units mostly will rush straightly to you which causes extreme trouble because EX-S melee is crap. But at the same time they couldn't do that because the firepower is way too strong, if they got hit once, they'll get pinned by EX-S and requires a teammate to get him out of trouble. And no oh no you don't want get double lock if one of them is EX-S

The problem is most people don't play melee suits and he's too slow to really evade equal skill players with good tandem play. Because he's a 3k that is decidedly slow for a lead suit, there are a lot of situations where the enemy team will be able to force a double lock if you pull that far back, and in the mid-game his tools hamper his mobility such as aforementioned the A>AC chain. The A>AC chain also has a fairly long reload time and an aggressive team can neutralize the EX-S pretty quickly with no hope of it getting away even with MA mode since it loses vertical escape options at that point.Finally melee suits generally have clearing options if they're gonna try to rush you down anyway, 00 Qant's shield sword bits, Susanoo's stun, whip and etc...

I dunno I'll admit I'm not super great at this game but I haven't seen an EX-S perform excessively well yet, just players who have no idea how to read the match up and let him sit on his own until it bites them.

Can this thing even do melee combos more than two hits? I understand it's meant to be played at a distance, but the melee just seems so useless compared to almost every other suit.

It's probably worth pointing out that he gets real melee while bursted.

Outside of CSa and BC->BC, all of its attacks still work in MA mode with normal tracking as well. AC stops mid-air and turns directly to the target to fire, and BC fires the incoms from behind while maintaining motion. Because it has to launch the incoms, there's about a second that you can't change back to MS form because of the animation. That being said, if for some reason you're ever in MA mode and nearing overheat, this can give you a little more flight time and a BC setup if you need either of them.

MA mode always has an input for b. It's a rear-mounted cannon with high tracking that fires two shots simultaneously and forces a down.

If you ever find yourself needing to melee while in awakening, then nbbb-cc8bb(cut early)>ac can be useful. ac can be substituted with abc if the target's partner is nearby and may get caught or at least hindered by the nuke effect.

I'm disappointed that Ex-S doesn't have Ryo Roots and ALICE and their voice actors. in sd gundam g generation the voice actors were Keij Fujiwara and Romi Park for Ryo Roots and ALICE. It's too boring to play with nothing but the ALICE sound effect. Ryo Roots looks cool too, he looks like Guts from Berserk. I don't see why they couldn't have gotten the voice actors especially since they already voice Arche and Turn A. Oh well I guess.