Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Z-0010332536893

[FB] Cherudim Discussion: Targeted and Firing!

Moveset

[A] GN Sniper Rifle II
Ammo increased from 2. Damage nerfed from 140 to 130.

[nB] GN Beam Pistol II
Replaces the usual b-assigned melee with pistol shots.

[2B] 1-Second Trans-Am
Counter that stuns attacking opponent. Input -b after successful block to finish counter.

[CSb] GN Beam Pistol II (Volley)
Fires two volleys of pistol shots. Different inputs and out of angle orientations activate different firing animations.

[MCSb] GN Beam Pistol II (Volley: Multi-lock)
Multi-lock version of CSb. Different inputs and orientations do affect animation. Generally unused.

<EX> [CSb] GN Beam Pistol II (Volley) + Shield Bits (Assault Mode)
Assuming shield bits are on standby, they activate, form 2 clusters, and fire one gero each that converge on the target. Switches to un-awakened CSb when shield bits are in use.

<EX> [MCSb] GN Beam Pistol II (Volley: Multi-lock) + Shield Bits (Assault Mode)
Multi-lock version of <EX> CSb. Animation functions similarly to MCSb. The two shield bit clusters attack 1 target each. Reverts to MCSb when shield bits are already in use.

[AB] GN Missiles
Standard missiles. Knocks back opponent on contact.

[nAC] GN Rifle Bits (Standby)
Bits surround Cherudim. Re-input ac to fire all bits. Ammo increased to 12 from 6.

[dir+AC] GN Rifle Bits (All-Range Attack)
Bits chase target for a short distance before attempting to surround target and fire. Bits will track to target, then re-track before firing.

[bC] GN Shield Bits
Input nbc to have bits shield Cherudim. Input dir+bc to have bits shield ally. Bits can now be recalled to standby by inputting bc again.

[ABC] Assault on Memento Mori
Re-enacts the Seravee X Cherudim combination from 00 Gundam. Seravee's Hyper Burst deals dmg and stuns. Cherudim's sniper shot deals dmg and fires 2nd to Seravee. Cherudim gains superarmor during the attack.

Just wanna say that holding 2 and pressing B is terrible, you do a very slow combat roll while firing the pistols. Dare I say the absolute WORST version of his B Pistols.

I want to test before saying so but it feels like csB has good tracking compared to the minimum tracking of B. 

B can be Zunda'd but its an absolute last resort weapon if you ask me.

--------------------

A doesn't have any tracking. I have to check again and test for Muzzle Correction. That said, anyone who is paying attention can punish landings on green lock easily, A is a nigh INSTANT shot, but you have to watch it's startup.

If you tag an opponent with AC (Rifle Bits) you get a free A.

Managing your Ammo for A is critical, the reload time feels like an eternity.

This suit is definitely not for beginners. 

Your main has muzzle correction and startup time. It's not capable of green lock punishing landings, unfortunately, so if you've been having success with that, it's likely because the opponents are either not moving after landing or moving on your vector.

B can be zunda'd, which is most commonly seen when you have no ammo on your main, but can also be combo'd into main with something like B(x3) >> A.

Backflip B is useful because of it's positional displacement, but it is indeed not as useful as other options in most cases, and arguably has almost no use when compared to 2B > B, assuming you have enough time/space for the latter option and that you rainbow step backwards out of the melee counter.

csB is similarly more useful for its movement than its ability to actually hit opponents. Notably, however, csB can still be combo'd directly into main if you just boost cancel out of the end of the move.

Your main has muzzle correction and startup time. It's not capable of green lock punishing landings, unfortunately, so if you've been having success with that, it's likely because the opponents are either not moving after landing or moving on your vector.

B can be zunda'd, which is most commonly seen when you have no ammo on your main, but can also be combo'd into main with something like B(x3) >> A.

Backflip B is useful because of it's positional displacement, but it is indeed not as useful as other options in most cases, and arguably has almost no use when compared to 2B > B, assuming you have enough time/space for the latter option and that you rainbow step backwards out of the melee counter.

csB is similarly more useful for its movement than its ability to actually hit opponents. Notably, however, csB can still be combo'd directly into main if you just boost cancel out of the end of the move.

Certainly learned somethin' today.  many thanks.

so everytime I've been landing long range A...well. back to the drawing board....

I've been thinking about using Cherudim as my go-to 2.5k support suit - great team player with the shield bits and the quickness and range of the sniper rifle; supporting fire is tight so you're not risking lighting your teammate up with a gerobi like FAZZ or Gottltran (even his Trans-Am CSa gerobi is in my opinion very controlled firing); funnels; CSa release has some great movement and overall the suit has great mobility...but what really irkes me is his pistols - specifically using them with a PS3 controller. There's simply no way to use them comfortably. So what I wind up doing is just holding Triangle for half a second before pressing and holding R1 to finish charging it - but while I'm doing that I'm basically dead in the water unless I deployed my funnels (rifle bits, whatever the hell they called them in that series). If I'm having to retreat and am out of both sniper and missile ammo, well I can't press Triangle to shoot my pistols while fleeing.

Dynamas' setup where his pistols are R1 are much more ideal and comfortable to use. Dynamas also has a CSb instead of CSa that (if you are able to wait for it) grants you infinite redlock range. They both have missiles. And Dynamas has actual melee that he can use if you somehow wind up in the awful situation that you have to (whereas Cherudim has rifle, counter, or die as his options).

When you consider all of that, Dynamas comes out looking like the better option...except, the reduced damage, health, and total ammo count (plus I think the funnels are a much better support utility than the master gundam wings and super sniper). Just...God I wish Cherudim's pistols weren't such a pain to use with a PS3 controller. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that I should be using them; maybe I'm wrong for playing this game with a controller instead of arcade box setup, but I think this is a great support suit that unfortunately can be frustrating to play with a PS3 controller.

And to reinforce a point: I feel like with both Cherudim and Dynamas I wind up more often in the bad trap of doing nothing while charging CSa or CSb - trying to conserve sniper ammo for open opportunities - than I do actually providing support.

I dont bother with pistols unless I am getting closed in on and am trying to create distance, otherwise I look to setup punishes with A and Rifle Bits/Funnels. 

I am on a pad myself. I simply move to B when A is reloading and go from there. 

You can maximize the distance of an airborne 4/6CSb, which will change your orientation to your target by up to ~15 degrees in just a few frames if you time it well with the target's approach.

I think you'll find that dir+ac > n/4/6ab will work better for hit rates and ammo usage. You only need the first missile volley,so cut it halfway through. You can throw in a b at the end if you see it all landing.

I think once you master cherudim, you'll find his OoA b to be indispensable at certain times.

On playing, Cherudim, you should master blocking, so that you don't eat range shit and build up EX. Shield bits only last 5 seconds and those are for your partner. You're blocking should also be able to stop attempts at punishing your overboosts. This typically works out as block > step > b > recover > step > b > a -or- b zunda.

Why is building EX so important? Because you'll want to focus on using Assault Burst for a strong damage buff on main. You want to burst at half gauge as soon as you get it, but should make your shots land.

Shielding to build meter is not really a cherudim specific thing, just to clarify. Prioritizing it is also extremeeeeeeely subjective.

So after kinda complaining about this I just realized last night "idiot, you can remap the buttons so that melee IS R1 instead of Triangle" and that has made playing him much more bearable.

Now if ONLY I could've had the option to do what I originally looked at the button config for - mapping shielding to L1 XD

There's no way to map shield to a button unless you want a programmable controller, as far as I know.

Maybe its just general inexperience on my part but I feel like I'm really inconsistent with Cheru, some games I go without dying and I'm landing my A and AB, but other times I cant hit the broad side of a barn.

I think I'm gonna have to learn how to work them pistols.

Shielding to build meter is not really a cherudim specific thing, just to clarify. Prioritizing it is also extremeeeeeeely subjective.

No, it's not cherudim specific, but it's notably more important to him than it is to others in my experience.

Subjective as it may be, I say it with strong confidence.

Maybe its just general inexperience on my part but I feel like I'm really inconsistent with Cheru, some games I go without dying and I'm landing my A and AB, but other times I cant hit the broad side of a barn.

I think I'm gonna have to learn how to work them pistols.

That feeling of inconsistency isn't unusual. You'll learn the timing eventually with persistence.

And yes, the pistols are important to know (I really was serious earlier when I mentioned his out-of-angle shot), but don't try to spend more than about 9-10 seconds at/near the "front," and that's assuming you're holding on to about 3/4 of your ammo. I say "front," because the same rules apply to shaking off persistent aggressors targeting you specifically.

P.S. You're feeling of inconsistency may be due to lag. I find Cheru to be even more susceptible to it in FB, thanks to nerf on his start-up timing. Sometimes, even a stable 4-bar connection is difficult to be productive in.

P.P.S. The keyword is "difficult," not "impossible."

In recent matches I've been holding it down with pistols. Now I'm a bit more successful. They don't track much. But they make up for it in sheer spamability. csB isn't bad. But I don't like using it as multi lock.

csB is ok imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk