Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

What is your playstyle? (Poll)

What is your playstyle?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. What is your playstyle?

• Aggressive
    • Defensive
    • In your face
    • Zoning
    • I do what ever the fuck I want!
    • Gimmicky
    • Neutral
    • Yolo

I was going to choose aggressive, but I "Felt in your face" described Tsubaki to a tee. Zoning would be my second favorite.

For me it depends on the character. When I play Terumi all I can really do is play "In your face". With Platinum I do whatever the fuck I want though.

Other people would have to say... I feel like I just do what makes sense, rather than coming into the match with a predetermined style.

Depends on my mood, with Hakumen its defensive until I get meter, at which point I just go ham. With Ragna I will be on your ass....unless its Tager. Jin is similar to Ragna, but I can zone somewhat with him. Kagura.....imagine trying to climb the tallest mountain with the worst tools imaginable, that's what playing with Kagura is like.

Nobody voted for zoning? Nobody likes to lame it out here?

You're also missing the grappler category. Although this being an ASW game site, you won't find many of those here.

Sometimes I'm aggressive, sometimes I'm defensive, sometimes I'm in your face, sometimes I run away, sometimes I just go ham and do stupid stuff. It changes from hour to hour. I really like keeping people under pressure though, so my ideal style would be aggressive/in your face (it's just that this isn't possible in every matchup).

I honestly think it would be better to have people who have played against us a lot to judge our styles.

I tend to show aggression and zone at the same time. I'm not the best at the game so I mess up...either way that's my playstyle. I feel like hurting people badly in this game.

Other people would have to say... I feel like I just do what makes sense, rather than coming into the match with a predetermined style.

Same here, I like to try and adapt to the situation/matchup. So I guess I would be "do whatever the fuck I want" lol, but I try to think about what I'm going to do. I like to pick versatile characters that have the tools to play flexibly, usually ends up being a zoner but not always.

I'm aggressive and in-your-face but I'm also very twitchy sadly D:

It leads me into a lot of counter hits and getting easily baited or wrecked by defensive players.

As I play Ragna and Azrael only, my playstyles vary wildly depending on which one of the two I pick.

With Ragna, I do whatever the fuck I want. Most people that played my Ragna(like Dawn of Musou) know I'm a walking DP with him. I don't take using Ragna seriously anymore, so instead of playing a fundamental game I just go wild and see where it takes me. Other than that, I just plain train my enemy to expect DP in a certain situation then do something even more stupid, like training them to expect wakeup DP but just run up and grab them after teching instead. Works more often than it should.

With Azrael, who I actually play seriously, I play a mostly passive defensive game at neutral. 5C, 6C, lots of backdashing and anti-airing, etc etc. When I have momentum I'm a lot more aggressive though, often doing IAD J.Bs, which are even more effective in the corner because you can't cross up and thus work as a dangerously fast pressure reset. If they try to mash out of it then I do J.As instead which will usually hit them out of anything that is not a DP.

I suppose the playstyle I find myself at the most is 'defensive', but alas, can't be one dimensional.

I don't have a defined playstyle yet... I should be more in your face because I use Noel but I'm just not used to playing aggressively. I hate the way I play to be honest lol. I guess I just kind of do whatever sometimes.

Well my playstyle doesn't suit my character at all. Defensive.

I had a history of playing zoners, but now I main Kagura for this game. While I obviously don't zone with him, I play defensive. I really am not used to this heavy rushdown stuff...