Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimsley-San

What is your playstyle? (Poll)

What is your playstyle?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. What is your playstyle?

• Aggressive
    • Defensive
    • In your face
    • Zoning
    • I do what ever the fuck I want!
    • Gimmicky
    • Neutral
    • Yolo

Whatever my opponent can't deal with is what I like to do. So, zoning/ defensive in the beginning, and aggresive once habits have been downloaded and yomi applied.

If my character doesn't win a certain aspect of the matchup I'll play defensively, and vice versa.

I play an aggressively, mind gamey, Zoning game (if that makes sense. XD) . Whenever I use Nu, I tend to use her Drive to scare the opponent into making a mistake, then surprising them by getting in their face and attacking them, only to regain my distance from them by utilizing Act Parser: Zwei. Basically, I try to harass the opponent as much as possible and while their busy being frustrated, I can safely put them into a scenario where they are at a disadvantage E,G, in the corner or stuck in my Okizeme set up. That said, I would say that on top of that, I do, "Do Whatever The Fuck I Want." XD

I would say, however, that my over all playstyle with my Mains and Alts is usually somewhat to observe the opponent's movements and act according to the situation... So yeah, zoning fits me to a Tee. :3

Kokonoe zoning? Are we playing the same game?
Fireball + Graviton, 22b, 6D > Activate, and she can counter-zone even Nu-13 by nullifying projectiles with 5C. So yeah, Kokonoe can zone.

Kokonoe can zone (just like Mu) but that doesn't mean her playing style is that of a zoner
True, but I wouldn't classify her as specifically any type of playstyle - she's great at everything. Everyone I've seen that uses Kokonoe plays her very differently.

Ahh yes, I'd like to add that when I'm not really serious, I just do whatever the fuck I want. Works wonders surprisingly, mashin dat Houtenjin.

When I play serious, its passive-aggressive, with an emphasis on moderate rushdown.... when its time to troll, RUN UP DP/VV/CID!!!!!!!!!!! and pray that they press buttons haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I try to see how my opponent reacts to my moves, set ups, oki, etc and use it against them.

I'm not that good at it though. lol fuckonline

Zoning with a defensive mindset, for a general idea. I think I'm too defensive sometimes lol. More than anything though, I tend to play to the matchup (e.g. I keep Ragna the hell away from me as best I can, I try to stay in Nu's face, etc.).

Other people would have to say... I feel like I just do what makes sense, rather than coming into the match with a predetermined style.

Yeah, mostly. You can rush some characters, but not all. If they respect you too much, then you can go to town. If they're playing smart RTSD, might be good to switch to defensive... so it depends.

But overall, I suppose I go for slightly more defensive characters who can pack a punch. So I'll pick Defensive.

Why does this poll end in 2016? Ignoring that I guess I'm more 'Do whatever the fuck I want' type of person. Screw following a rulebook! I'm going to fight the way I enjoy it, did me good so far.

I usually try and carefully play footsies until I can land a hit, then start getting aggressive once their forced to block.

I cant block for shit so in your face. Usually ends up with me landing a couple of big combos and winning or dropping said combos and getting whittled down by a 2bar playing haku or tager spamming 6C or 360s

For real though, I have no idea what my style is anymore.

i only answered this for BB specifically, cause i play a lot different.

(also first vote on YOLO hell yes)

i play with no regrets cause i dont think i care enough about the game to learn real things.

just do things with hakumen no cares ever