Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psykotik

[CP1.1] Carl changes and discussion

-This thread is for posting any "confirmed" changes made to Carl in the newly announced update to Chrono Phantasma in the arcades / Vita / May update.

-If you have any information to post please give some kind of source or reference of where you got that information.

-I will update this thread as more information is found.

-This is NOT a wishlist thread, do not post anything remotely like that.

Carl CP2 Confirmed Changes:

They day has come!

http://blazblue.jp/cp/update110.html <--- Original

Translation: http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/13/arc-system-works-releases-changelist-for-upcoming-blazblue-chronophantasma-balance-patch/

Doll Gauge Expenditure – The gauge no longer decreases during Nirvana’s activation animation.

Doll Gauge Recovery – The gauge now starts to recover faster. During Overdrive, the gauge will recover during Nirvana’s activation animation.

Cantabile – On counter hit, it now launches the opponent high enough to combo.

Volante – Increased doll gauge cost.

Laetabilis Cantata – Increased the untechable time of the last hit and the greatly increased knockback of the attack.

Discuss :toot:

From pastebin:

"Carl

backdash: total animation changed from 20 to 22f. airborne duration changed from 1-20f to 1-18f. distance moved is decreased

nirvana: gauge no longer decreases when activating. gauge recharge cooldown changed from 80 to 60f (during overdrive, from 10 to 0f)

overdrive: gauge now recharges during nirvana's moves. rate of recharge during standby is increased. during actions: from 0 - 16. during standby, from 16 to 24

cantabile: on counterhit, floats higher and can be followed up

volante: gauge consumption increased from 700 to 850

laetabilis cantata: untech time of last hit increased from 10 to 13f. blowback modified so they move less horizontally, higher vertically

OD rhapsody of memories: hitstop increased from 1 to 2f, except on the last hit"

Original source @Tontinic

If and when you find out where they are getting the original info from, could you post the link in the OP? So that others can get a look see. I will also edit this post to show all the info that I could find when it becomes available.

Noted, I'll post the source of the changes in the OP in some way. Also, if you're updating the thread w/new info, I'd actually prefer it if you just make a new post rather than updating your own post since it'll be easier for me to notice a new post as opposed to an edit (it's cool if you double post).

They day has come!

http://blazblue.jp/cp/update110.html <--- Original

Translation: http://shoryuken.com/2014/02/13/arc-system-works-releases-changelist-for-upcoming-blazblue-chronophantasma-balance-patch/

Doll Gauge Expenditure – The gauge no longer decreases during Nirvana’s activation animation.

Doll Gauge Recovery – The gauge now starts to recover faster. During Overdrive, the gauge will recover during Nirvana’s activation animation.

Cantabile – On counter hit, it now launches the opponent high enough to combo.

Volante – Increased doll gauge cost.

Laetabilis Cantata – Increased the untechable time of the last hit and the greatly increased knockback of the attack.

Discuss :toot:

Does this mean I might be back on the Carl train? :O

Probably as a sub...

I can't figure out the first point... She doesn't lose HP during her activation animation any more? The wiki states she doesn't lose HP until 18 frames after initially pressing D in the first place anyway? What's the actual change here?

I'm really happy with the faster Ada recovery, I feel like I use her too much and waiting long enough for her to start getting any HP back can be borderline dangerous. It just depends on how much faster it actually is.

Cantibale change is meh... can't say I remember ever hitting a CH cantibale

Volante gauge use I can get over

I feel like they're making the cog work more like it did in CSE... I support this.

Sub? How about picking him up as a main again? :)

I have a feeling that the first point is probably referring to the passive gauge consumption; Nirvana can already attack before passive consumption starts. The cantabile change seems odd... I wonder if they're adding the CH buff to encourage us to use cantabile in neutral as a counter poke of sorts. Then again, it could just be a random change that I'm overthinking.

One interesting opinion of the loketest is that Dogura thinks that Carl will be very strong after the patch. While I have a feeling Carl won't be breaking into S tier in this version, the fact that many problem characters are getting nerfs while Carl remains relatively unchanged definitely helps his standing in the tier list.

On another note to everyone else, I changed my mind re:discussion and I'll permit it in this thread. Y'all know the rules, get to it.

From pastebin:

Carl

backdash: total animation changed from 20 to 22f. airborne duration changed from 1-20f to 1-18f. distance moved is decreased

nirvana: gauge no longer decreases when activating. gauge recharge cooldown changed from 80 to 60f (during overdrive, from 10 to 0f)

overdrive: gauge now recharges during nirvana's moves. rate of recharge during standby is increased. during actions: from 0 - 16. during standby, from 16 to 24

cantabile: on counterhit, floats higher and can be followed up

volante: gauge consumption increased from 700 to 850

laetabilis cantata: untech time of last hit increased from 10 to 13f. blowback modified so they move less horizontally, higher vertically

OD rhapsody of memories: hitstop increased from 1 to 2f, except on the last hit

Original source @Tontinic

tumblr_lph7oj3YOy1qkdve1.gif

CP v.2: Bursts are completely obsolete/useless for Carl

You can pretty much end a match in C-O-N so easily now. wow...

Are these backdash changes significant at all? Am I right in thinking you'll have less invulnerability on your backdash?

Are these backdash changes significant at all? Am I right in thinking you'll have less invulnerability on your backdash?

well it just means it's slightly more unsafe. But he is invulnerable frames 1-7 of it.

tl;dr: 2 more frames to be punished

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Carl_Frame_Data_%28BBCP%29