Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

altairdooder

[FB] GP01fb Thread

GP01fb Gundam
Pilot: Kou Uraki
Cost: 2000
Health: 600

JP wiki for reference

Movelist

Weapons

[A] Beam Rifle
[Damage: 70][Ammo: 7][Down Value: 2][Proration: 70%][Reload Time: 3s/shot][Type: Beam][stagger]
A standard BR.

[CSa] Beam Rifle Snipe
[Damage: 150][Charge Time: 2][Down Value: 5+][Type: Beam][Knockdown]
Shoots a focused beam with limited tracking.

[AB] Beam Rifle Quadruple Shot
[Damage: 40-126][Ammo: 1][Down Value: 1.5/hit][Proration: 60%/hit?][Reload Time: 7s][Type: Beam][stagger]
Fires 4 beams while flipping left or right depending on direction of the lever.

[AC] GM Cannon II Summon
[Damage: 25-120][Ammo: 3][Down Value: 1.8 (0.9 × 2)/hit][Proration: 80% (-10% × 2)/hit][Reload Time: 20s][Type: Beam][stagger]
Keith's GM Cannon II appears and fires 3 shots. Doesn't reload until totally depleted. When depleted AC turns into a melee attack.

[ABC] Full Vernian Rush (EX Burst Only)
Shoots beams while shuffling through the air. Pressing the lever left or right will influence the direction it flips in next. Does 5 shots.

Special Movement

[bC] Hover Mode
Jumps into the air while doing a flip, cutting tracking and entering hover mode. While floating, GP01 will always face its target and it will also perform alternative steps. 44/66 perform a cartwheel in the given direction, 88 does a forward flip which increases altitude, and 22 does a backflip which lowers altitude. All new step actions cut tracking like regular steps. Can also perform all forms of BC while hovering. GP01 will consume boost for as long as it's hovering. Cannot be performed when boost gauge is empty.

[4/6BC] Twirl
Does a spin to the left or right. Covers a good distance in either direction but does not cut tracking. Cannot be performed when boost gauge is empty.

[8/2BC]Flip
Does the same flip as while entering Hover Mode without entering it. Cuts tracking. Cannot be performed when boost gauge is empty.

Melee

[5B]
5bbb - Standard 3 hit combo, launches them up and away
5bb8b - Deviation of the previous where the target is knocked to the ground
5bbbb (EX Burst Only) - Performs 5bbb and grabs the launched target and performs an Izuna Drop

[8B]
8bb - 2 hit combo which knocks them upward

[4/6B]
4/6bb - 2 hit combo which knocks them up and away
4/6bb8b - Continuation of the previous where GP01 grabs the launched target and performs an Izuna Drop
4/6b8b - Deviation of the first where GP01 grabs the target and performs an Izuna Drop

[2B]
2b - Counter. GP01 deploys the Beam Jitte on its rifle and catches the melee attacker, stunning them and hitting them back.

[bD8B]
cc8b - GP01 does a barrel roll while striking with its beam saber

[CSb]
[Charge Time: 1s]
A-Parts Separation Attack - GP01 undocks its upper body portion and lunges with its beam saber. Cuts tracking AND has super armor. Momentary loss of its legs as a result of ending the attack prematurely to do something else is a visual glitch and does not affect performance.

[AC] (While out of ammo)
A-Parts Snipe - GP01 kicks the opponent, sticking its leg into them before undocking its upper body to shoot the legs and cause an explosion.

Strategy

Coming soon

Cancel Routes

A → AB/AC/BC (Any variant of BC)

AB → A
AC → AB/BC (Any variant of BC)
CSa → AB/CSb/BC (Any variant of BC)
CSb → CSa

EXVS → FB Changes Changes

Mobility improved (especially turn radius)
CSa muzzle correction / guidance buffed, charge time improved
CSb reach improved
old Sub removed, replaced by old BC CSa
BC input methods changed
New cancel routes: Sub→BR

WIP

GP01 is just amazing now.

-AB-A fastfall

-Keep in mind that AB usually goes to the left, but if you want it to go to the right, do 6AB

-6bc/4bc is a really nice cancel. A-6BC-A, csA-6bc-A, even AC-6BC-A. You can do silly things like csA-6bc-ab-A-ac-6bc-A. 6bc/4bc is very boost efficient, moreso than doing A CC A.

Wow, messed around with this suit in Training! Nice mobility buffs! I mained this suit at one point in vanilla. I might have to add it to my suit selection.

One question, though. Does Nuetral BC have to be held for the hover, cause sometimes I'd just tap BC but he wouldn't hover, o_O

Does Nuetral BC have to be held for the hover, cause sometimes I'd just tap BC but he wouldn't hover, o_O

No you don't hold it down to hover, should just go automatically until you cancel it or overheat. Make sure you're not holding up or down when you do the input as it makes you do the hover mode flip but without hovering at the end.

I know, I just tap it without holding a direction, but maybe I'm unconsciously holding a direction, so I'll make sure I'm not pressing up or down, left or right, ;)

I'm very impressed with the changes this suit received!

So the CSb, as it turns out, cuts tracking AND has super armor. I'm not sure how this detail eluded me but oh well. I updated the wiki with this info as well.

Absolutely fell in love with GP01, and found myself quickly picking it up and winning a few matches that I would have lost with Blue Frame. I had a weakness against keeping melee suits off of me, and both CSa and AC have saved me from being rushed down, even if the assist doesn't hit with all three shots.

I also took into account that Unicorn is a very good partner if they can really pressure during NT-D. And even though it was shuffle, Gunner Zaku is okay as a 2k partner if you can cut off attacking suits, and they can provide good fire support to keep at least one opponent down.