Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jehudy

[FB] Unicorn Gundam Thread

Movelist

RX-0 Unicorn Mode

[A] Beam Magnum
Damage: 95
Standard BR. 5 shots in a clip.
Reloads entire clip by pressing A after emptying ammo.

[csA] Beam Gattling Gun
Damage: 13~141
Fires a long volley of gatling beams.
Halts you in the air as you fire. Expends boost as you fire.

[AB] Hyper Bazooka
Damage: 104
Standard Bazooka. 3 shots in a clip. Reloads after emptying clip.

[AC] Summon Jegan
Damage: 94
Summons 2 Jegan on either side of your suit. Each fire a volley of 3 shots.
2 Assists available. Automatically reloads slowly over time.
Ame-cancellable with BR if assists and BR used in angle.

[bC] Activate NTD
Transforms RX-0 into Destroy Mode Unicorn Gundam.
Stuns all funnels targeted at you.

Extreme Burst Full Armor Unicorn Attack
Damage:301(assault burst) 280 (blast burst)
Unicorn will don the full armor loadout and then barrage his target with his weaponry: first shooting his 4 beam gattling guns then shoots 3 volleys of hyper bazookas from both his shoulders following it up with a beam magnum shot as 3 shields zip around and nail his enemy from 3 different directions, which will explode from getting shot from the beam magnum. [note: the shields will hit from behind as well as the sides. if someone blocks the attack they are guaranteed to get hit.]

This has insane tracking. Firing this at red lock range and the enemy NOT sidestepping the attack will yield some hilarious results such as hard turning gattling beams and the infamous bitch slap [[ or karatechop]] from the beam magnum.

Using this will leave Unicorn Gundam In 100% Destroy mode.

RX-0 Destroy Mode

[A] Beam Gattling Gun
Damage: 15~159
Like a standard MachineGun, but the projectiles have the properties of a BR.
20 shots in a clip. Reloads after emptying clip.
Cancel-able into AB sub.

[AB] Throw Beam Sabers
Damage: 70 [[followup damage: 218]]
Throw beam sabers like boomerangs in an X pattern.
Has a follow up like so:
AB>B -----> throw beam sabers then follow up by stabbing the suit with beam tonfas and then pushing the suit upward and then grinding it until it explodes.
Note:the followup only happens if you successfully land a hit with your AB.

[AC] Summon Jegan
Damage: 94
Summons 2 Jegan on either side of your suit. Each fire a volley of 3 shots.
2 Assists available. Automatically reloads slowly over time.
Ame-cancellable with BR [or Beam gatling in this case] if assists and BR used in angle.

[bC]NT-D Hack
Damage: 60
Emits a "cloud" forward. Slow-moving and deceptively large. Stuns on hit.
Has BEAM properties. [[example: can eat a volley of MachineGun bullets]]
Halts you when you use it. Can move-cancel [sidestep or boost dash] after shooting to shorten the halt in the air.
1 ammo. Reloads after use.
Stuns funnels for a short while that were targeted at you.

Extreme Burst Full Armor Unicorn Attack
Damage:301(assault burst) 280 (blast burst)
Unicorn will don the full armor loadout and then barrage his target with his weaponry: first shooting his 4 beam gattling guns then shoots 3 volleys of hyper bazookas from both his shoulders following it up with a beam magnum shot as 3 shields zip around and nail his enemy from 3 different directions, which will explode from getting shot from the beam magnum.

Using this will leave Unicorn Gundam In 100% Destroy mode.

Melee Combos

Unicorn Mode Combos
B>B>B = 164
B>hold 8>B>B = 170
8B>B = 145
4/6B>B = 124
4/6B>2B = 131
2B>B>B = 173
2b>b>8b = 182
Boost Dash 8B>b = 171

NTD Mode Combos
BBBBB=270
8BBBB=196
4/6 BBB=199
2B=92
CC8B=86

Posting this because there's a lack of Unicorn Gundam Thread. Feel free to post more detailed info such as:
-Cancels
-Damage
-Reload Times
-Melee Combo Routes
-Mistakes I've posted
-Anything else I might have missed.

OR

Whatever you want related to Unicorn gundam.

Thanks to:
Super Phoenix for damage values + unicorn combos.

Safe and quick NTD combo.

cc8b > BC > AC

Really hard to get cut unless your other opponent is on top of you when you're NTD. Considering how easy unicorn is to cut I find this combo very useful because it usually means the other opponent was already closing in to help his partner and you gain the initiative on him too.

I'm not sure about that. NTD UC has some fairly nice cut resistant melee combos if you end them with the BD melee or use the melee combo extension from AB(Some of UC's combos will have a high enough down value that attempting it will only pull UC toward the target so you won't have to deal with the grinding animation and it helps you fall faster in some cases), though in NTD you pretty much have the ability to prioritize targets as you please with how many stuns and untechable attacks he has. Also cc8b doesn't necessarily have to be used to continue a combo, as it launches the target high into the air and leaves them unable to act. This means that you're actually free to double lock your opponent's partner with impunity if you feel they're a bigger threat, so keep that in mind if you're having trouble pinning a member of the enemy team down.

For example good follow up beyond just a raw cc8B if you can land it is BC>AB>cc8b. It's relatively fast and unless you don't vary your movement between attacks it's hard to catch, and it frees up your time to chase the other target once you land

Ideally though NTD melee is something you threaten with using cc8b to gap clear and quickly exploit from your BC stun in most cases, nobody actually wants to engage NTD Unicorn in melee regardless of their normal melee advantage so use that overwhelming presence in combination with your beam gatling gun and most teams will focus fire on you, allowing your teammate free reign to do as he pleases. Remember that despite seeming like a melee mode, you get increased red-lock distance so it's fairly safe to poke with Gatling and AC if forcing a close ranged engagement would be disadvantageous to you (IE: You're at low health or your partner is trapped during a long reload period.)

BC should ideally never be wasted to stop funnels no matter how cool it feels. There are times when you might have to (IE:You're being hounded by a funnel suit at critical HP but he can only toss his funnels at you reliably thanks to your partner's pressure) but it should never be your first response to funnel fire simply due to how slow the move comes out and how much more important it is to use offensively. Use it to deny approaches or punish anyone who thinks flying too close to you is a good idea.

ABC is Unicorn's EX burst, and since EXVS it's been massively buffed. Unicorn now moves backwards while firing everything it has at the target with immensely good tracking. Additionally once the move ends you are left in NTD mode if you weren't before, giving you the chance to push your advantage even if your EX burst is cut. Whether or not you view this move's high risk high reward nature as useful can be a good determining factor for your burst. UC mode benefits much more from Blast burst and step canceled zooka shots but NTD mode benefits more from Assault burst, and you can force yourself into NTD relatively safely with Assault if your target has his attention off of you (Not that this should be something you do regularly mind you). So your burst choice should be dependent on which mode you find yourself making the most big plays in.

Ah fun thing I forgot. Holding a direction while performing the neutral NTD melee will automatically transition to the combo designated to that button. I don't know what it does to damage proration, but it's much faster than a normal cancel and doesn't require boost at least. I'd like someone to help me test this but I don't think it works following any other NTD melee.

Here is the damage for the attacks and his melee combo routes.

Beam Magnum 95

CSa 13-141

Bazooka 104

Jegan call 94

Melee combo routes (Regular Form)

BBB = 164

B hold up B B = 170

up B, B = 145

left/right B, B = 124

left/right B, down B = 131

down B, B, B = 173

down b, b up b = 182

Boost Dash 8B, b = 171

Extreme Burst = 301(assault burst) 280 (blast burst)

NT-D mode stuff

Gatling Gun does 15-159 damage and it is canceable to his sub weapon.

AB Tonfa throw does 70 damage and does a light? stun and has a follow up. Hitting BB after this makes the unicorn throw you into the air and impale you on all 4 beam sabers then blast you into the sky. It does 216 for a grand total of 286 damage.(Devestating usage in a combo.)

Jegan call does 94 damage

NT-D hack (AC) does 60 damage and stuns

NT-D melee combos

BBBBB = 240 (dear lord does this thing hurt)

8BBB = 196

4/6 BBB = 199

2B = 92

BD 8B = 86 (amazing for pursuing people. It moves incredibly fast and you can rainbow step out of it, it's an incredible good chasing tool.)

His most damaging combo in NT-D is BD 8B, BBB, rainbow step, AB BBB it does 278.

There are more combos but I can't post them at the moment. I will later on tonight.

Also Blast Burst is the preferred one to use with this because of much it helps NT-D mode get in and Unicorn mode to be bale to bd out of his shots. Assault Burst is really only for NT-D mode, but Blast Burst helps out overall.

AB Tonfa throw does 70 damage and does a light? stun and has a follow up. Hitting BB after this makes the unicorn throw you into the air and impale you on all 4 beam sabers then blast you into the sky. It does 216 for a grand total of 286 damage.(Devestating usage in a combo.)

His most damaging combo in NT-D is BD 8B, BBB, rainbow step, AB BBB it does 278.

:/

Wouldn't the damage from that combo be: BD8B (86) + 5BBB (196) + [AB] (70) + Follow-up combo (216) = 451?

Also, I can't get all of the hits of Unicorn's "most damaging combo" to land. The farthest I can get is the [AB] throw, but then the opponent falls down and you can't chase them.

Aside from that, here's another simple NT-D combo: 2B [AB] BBB = 378 damage. You have to quick with [AB] or you'll miss, so time it to where the opponent is just about to hit the ground and you'll catch them every time.

No. It wouldn't be 451. There's damage scaling on the melee hits. Otherwise Epyon would be oneshotting units. And you will not get all the hits of the AB+follow up. They will be knocked out of it after the uppercut slash.

And I'm not at home to test it, but your combo shouldn't be doing 378. 278 is more likely.

I didn't realize there was damage scaling in the game; though I guess it would make sense with the 1000 cost suits that could be killed in one good chain combo.

About the combo you posted--you don't have to do the rainbow step; after the BBB follow-up from the BD8B, you'll still hit with the [AB] Tonfa throw+saber uppercut.

Something that I learned today was that for suits that have AC as their assist, they can block then hold a direction and double tap AC to get the cancel off - something that's useful for Unicorn because his assist and BR both cause vernier when used out of angle.

Edit - this could go in the general techniques/amekyans list

Something that I learned today was that for suits that have AC as their assist, they can block then hold a direction and double tap AC to get the cancel off - something that's useful for Unicorn because his assist and BR both cause vernier when used out of angle.

Edit - this could go in the general techniques/amekyans list

That's not really a new cancel though, it's just a way of returning on angle isn't it?

not sure if I can find a vid, but try this, hold shield and double tap AC then BR - it should push you forward (because you were holding up) and then drop you down

you're boost dash cancelling out of your shield.

Yeah, I'm aware that it has something to do with that, however what I'm trying to get is that if you hold back instead of up from the shield, it pushes you back while you're firing the assist and the BR while keeping you on angle

Edit: Okay found a vid http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22990710

Also for other suits

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22985847

That's sliding, a property that works on certain assists by overlapping your boostdash input with AC - inputting C, AC in quick succession does this. Your technique is performing this out of shield.

That's sliding, a property that works on certain assists by overlapping your boostdash input with AC - inputting C, AC in quick succession does this. Your technique is performing this out of shield.

Okay, wasn't sure what it was called, after finding those vids google translates it to shield amekyan, 盾アメキャン

yeah shield amekyan is fine.

Edit: to clarify, the input is actually 2C→8→direction+AC→A (or whatever amekyan you're doing), where the direction is which way you want to slide.

Thanks for the clarification, my explanation is kinda difficult to understand as eng not my 1st language, but yeah I was told that this was a relatively new thing that jp?(unsure who exactly) players discovered, so the true extent of its usefulness has not exactly been verified yet. However I've heard that unicorn would probably be one of the best users of this amekyan. Hopefully some gameplay vids showing players use it come out soon.

Yeah - I confirmed with some JP players that they think it's pretty useful but at the last sportsland tourney there wasn't anyone who was using it for the most part, so it is still something that needs practice I think.

More good combos!

Unicorn Mode: 8BBB--Rainbow Dash---8BBB (Hurricane Kicks)

8BBB---Rainbow Dash---4/6B--either B or 2B (You can end this with either the roundhouse kick or the uppercut; if anyone can get a follow-up hit after the uppercut, let me know)

8BBB--Rainbow Dash---5B-8BBB (You will end up doing the axe kicks instead of the spinning kicks)

2BB-8B---Rainbow Dash---8BBB (or 4/6BB)

4/6B--2B--CsA

Destroy Mode: 5BBBB---[AC]---BBB (When Unicorn launches the opponent in the air, press [AC] and do the follow-up combo)

4/6BB---[AC]---BBB

Regarding NT-D combos, I read the wiki and it said his CC8B>BBB >> CC8B>BBB comes out to 317, not 286 (well, they put 4BBB instead of BBB now that I look at it again).

Still, something that has me kinda confused is how a couple of the moves (and the conversation here also) seem to imply that you can get more than 1 hit out of CC8B, and I don't see how that is possible. Anytime I try it it just does the dash cut-through. Related, because of it's carry-through, I can never directly cut-back with it to connect into another combo string - neither by rainbow stepping or even trying to CC8B again. The only way I can connect with a BBB is after he lands, turns around, and then goes after the person still spinning in the air. But...I've only done this in practice and haven't gotten to try it online really faithfully, but the spin CC8B leaves them in appears to be one of the ones you can recover out of, so I feel like you can't reliably connect with a follow-up if that is the case.

That being the case, for what it's worth, I agree with the sentiment that BBBBB does a great amount of damage for how simple it is to input, and you know every strike is going to hit unless you get shot in the back. I've been using BBBB→Sub→B that does 269 damage (according to the wiki) reliably since vanilla EXVS, but have been falling back to BBBBB spam a little since the Sub→B animation can leave you exposed if your partner doesn't have the other enemy on lockdown...

278 damage for CC8B>BBBB→Sub→B, but given my current uncertainty of the CC8B, it's just a 9HP difference between including it or not, so it makes me just use the combo without it (though I recognize that if I could do it faithfully the speed of the BD8B and then a quick cut-back would make a hard target to hit).

BBB>4BBB does 271 damage apparently and is probably the second easiest input behind B-spam given it's damage output.

I guess to stop rambling, tl;dr: I understand the incredible chase value of CC8B, but I can't seem to open combos with it, and there are NT-D combos that do very comparable damage without using it and with easier inputs, so...why?

For what it's worth, highest damage NT-D combo I saw was CC8B>EX Attack for 320, but I have doubt in that...

Unicorn mode combos (RX-0B posted a couple of these, I'm just providing the supposed damage values with them):

314 CC8B>EX

244 CC8B>8B>A

243 8B>8B>A

2BB>2BB>2BB does 223, but also is really good I think for knocking an enemy out of play because it's quick, chains them really high into the air, and ends of course with the knockdown stun as the fall back to the ground. 2BB>2BB>A does 232 damage for slightly less knock-up/fall distance. 2BB>2BBB I'm not sure the damage, but also good for locking down an opponent. The first two will leave you with half your boost gauge, the third will leave you with 3/4 boost.

Unrelated, something I was looking into today though was trying to find a Unicorn mode variant of the NT-D CC8B - something that can quickly cover ground. Unicorn CC8B is fast, but I feel leaves me really vulnerable to fire if using it to pursue. 8B seemed to have comparable closing speed and distance, but easier to rainbow dash or change direction out of. I started looking into this because I've been finding myself in situations online where both I and an opponent will both be low health, close in distance, and they will melee pursue quickly such that I can't seem to reliably connect with a beam rifle and will get the killing blow leaving me thinking "man, I should have tried to melee pursue them instead". But I haven't really had success with using 4/6B in those situations either to try to get the first hit...