Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Yayoi Changes and Discussion

you won't have any luck because that's not going to be practical ever, it's a straight gimmick. if you did use it you'd be better off doing 46d236d twice anyway. 

you got the game airk?

Yeah.  Believe it or not, I do want them to continue making it. :P I mean hell, I soldiered on through Extend.  I actually -usually- enjoy PLAYING the game, I just don't like THINKING about it very much. -_-

you won't have any luck because that's not going to be practical ever, it's a straight gimmick. if you did use it you'd be better off doing 46d236d twice anyway. 

Just screwing around with 5 charges and 50 heat; if you get a successful guard break every time after the initial, you can do three independent 6C > [4]6D > 236D > 22D [max] which net about 2172 damage each.

Then you end with 6C > 6CC > 214B > 5C > 2C > 2CC > jc > j.C > j.CC > j.236A > j.214B which does 2706. This is not already counting the initial CH 5C > 6C > Mugen > [4]6D > 236D > 22D [max].

So that's 2990 from the initial CH, 2172 x 3 from the three independent guard crush setups, and 2706 from the ending charge-less combo. That's 12212 damage from five independent combos that seemingly string together. I mean, the chance of having 5 charges and getting a counter hit while having 50 heat are incredibly slim, but this seems pretty fun. It requires them to wakeup from the stagger four times in a row, though, so I really don't think this will work on attentive people. Then there's the ability to just burst out of it as well.

Imagine doing this while in Overdrive, though. Hell, there's enough time to go into overdrive safely before going into 6C after the first guard crush. Oh boy, I wonder how many more setups I can fit when at 50% health.

Gotta figure out some use for it I guess.

You're also relying on the other person somehow not learning that 22D guard breaks somewhere in the 3 times you use it on them and just barriering.

Yeah there's that, so it really really doesn't work on attentive players or players that already know that 22D max charge guard crushes in mugen.

I just really want to make something out of it. It is one of the tools in her arsenal after all.

that change is like makoto's acorn. a slap in the face and should tell you something about the people balancing the game. out of all the things they could have changed, they chose that.

They could have made her acorn a command move instead of going with the percentage chance of it appearing as an alternate taunt. Pretty sure it could be put to practical use in some way.

They could have made her acorn a command move instead of going with the percentage chance of it appearing as an alternate taunt. Pretty sure it could be put to practical use in some way.

Hell they could have made it like 3s and have it DO something, like idk, increase hitstun on moves? Even that is too good for Makoto. I just thank god they didnt do as bad with tsubaki

5B/C CH > 6C > Mugen > Double Psycho Crusher > 623D > j.236D > j.214D confirmed for still working.

CH5B/5C>6C>214214D>421D>236D>421D>236D>623D>j.236D>j.214D>236236D still works. Can't get any other ender with double 421D>236D though. They'll tech immediately after other moves. 

It still does less damage than CH5B/5C>6C>214214D>421D>236D>623D>j.236D>j.214D>214D>22D(charged)>6C>236236D though

CH5B/5C>6C>214214D>421D>236D>421D>236D>623D>j.236D>j.214D>236236D still works. Can't get any other ender with double 421D>236D though. They'll tech immediately after other moves. 

It still does less damage than CH5B/5C>6C>214214D>421D>236D>623D>j.236D>j.214D>214D>22D(charged)>6C>236236D though

Is the optimal one-charge punish still:

(CH 5B/5C >) 6C > 214214D> 412D > 236> 214D > 22D (charge) > Dash 6C > 623C > j.236A > j.214A?

Like I figured, confirming into 5CC > 421D > 236D > is super easy now and now we have a practical midscreen two charge combo.

5CC > 421D > 236D > 6CC > 214B > 22(B) > 5C > 2CC > j.C > j.CC > j.214B  (4579)

Pretty good damage for a midscreen starter that's easy to do and confirm into. 

As for one charge mugen punishes, you can do 

5C (CH) > 6C > Mugen > 421D > 236D > 214D > 22D(charged) > 6A > 5C > 2CC > j.C > j.CC > j.214B (5856) 

or if you want free charge and position,

5C (CH) > 6C > Mugen > 421D > 236D > 214D > 22D(charged) > 6A > 5C > 2C > 236C > 214B > 22B (5776).

I prefer the second for obvious reasons. 

If you're wondering why you aren't getting the 22D(charged) with one mugen in that sequence is because you're not inputting it the moment the 214D hit. If you do, it'll work everytime. 

Oh and on a sidenote, it seems 3CC FC > 5C > 2CC > CT is universal now that 3CC pulls the enemies in more. You don't have to ghetto 5B > 2CC > CT substitute any more and lose out on damage.

Yeah; That first one is basically the combo I've been practicing since getting CP, so I just have to adjust to the change in input for the fireball.

It's good to know there's a better ender variant for not much less damage though.

It also seems like with two charges you could do:

(CH) > 6C > Install > 421D > 236D > 214D > 22D > Dash 623D > j.236D > j.214D ...? Stuff?

not any reason you'd ever do that I think. better to do 214d22d after the D DP. canceling into 214d from 236d gains very little time. charging 22d loses a lot of time, and running up to 623d after loses even more time. 

Like I figured, confirming into 5CC > 421D > 236D > is super easy now and now we have a practical midscreen two charge combo.

5CC > 421D > 236D > 6CC > 214B > 22(B) > 5C > 2CC > j.C > j.CC > j.214B  (4579)

Pretty good damage for a midscreen starter that's easy to do and confirm into. 

this works but is character specific I think.  I think it was kokonoe that 5cc>421D will not combo on no matter how fast you do it. 5bb>421D is easy to do now, but only gets you about 3800. 

i think dash 5c > 421D will be stable but that's obviously not a confirm. 5bb is stable but that's a bit harder too because 5bb has such small hitstun. 

from what i notice with 5cc 421d236d d it does work on kokonoe when at the corner

anyways 5c 421d 236d is the universal. approach

FML, I know I'm late to the party but they nerfed her AGAIN?

Can someone break down what the 6C changes mean?  Is 6C > JC > j.B/j.C > land > blockstring still semi-reliable for pressure if they're not expecting it?

Also, did this hit console yet?

6C is special cancellable but they have made 6C more unsafe on block and I believe they've reduced the blockstun. You can now be AA'd out of 6C > j.D > j.A. It's unreliable.

It has hit consoles yes.

I'm able to get by with 6C > jc > j.B > j.B(delay) > 5A/C especially against barrier, but only if they are standing which sort of defeats the whole purpose.

I have been doing that for a while, though. Just inputting 632147C after 6C for the was one of my favorite things to do. It really did not need to be made special cancelable because we already had ways of making it special cancelable.