Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackYakuzu94

Blazblue Calamity Trigger is on Steam.

By a different publisher than Isuka, but it's interesting that it appears to be the old GFLW version minus GFWL and no online play. I was half expecting it to be that shitty Windows 8 Store version that's stripped of most of its modes. It might still be, but that would make the store page description misleading.

By a different publisher than Isuka, but it's interesting that it appears to be the old GFLW version minus GFWL and no online play. I was half expecting it to be that shitty Windows 8 Store version that's stripped of most of its modes. It might still be, but that would make the store page description misleading.

Wait, so no online play?

Popular tags for this game:

"Noel's armpit are delicious" "7 years too late"

It can't be that old... jesus.

Even it doesn't have any online play, $10 for the soundtrack alone is worth it IMO. I will double dip to show support. I really want BBCP/Xrd on Steam in the future.

It has online play, it just uses Live for its online like SF instead of Steam Support.

Prolly because the original CT on PC used it, and they didn't feel like reworking the net systems.

It has online play, it just uses Live for its online like SF instead of Steam Support.

Hah, I didn't buy it yet. It says nothing about GFLW in the system requirements.

Hah, I didn't buy it yet. It says nothing about GFLW in the system requirements.

Well I'm basing this off the fact that I own the normal PC CT.

There's literally no excuse not to have netplay in the Steam version :/

someone download this game and test it

It's in the top ten sellers for today so the publisher just made over 1/2 a million this morning. No one in the BlazBlue group on steam is in game to tell us if it's got online or not.

And the forums are raging about no online play:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/263300

Also there is a beta which means:

Marx 8 hours ago

@Evil_Betox

There's a beta branch and it looks like they're implementing some steam works stuff into the game, it might just be achievements and cards, it could possibly be multiplayer

http://steamdb.info/app/263300/#section_depots

Fight sticks need to be set to Xbox 360 mode to be recognized by it btw.

Game apparently locks to 30 Fps after awhile...

Game's menus don't even mention online which suggests someone actually had the source code and edited and recompiled the game at some point or this was taken straight from the type x version and not GFWL.

This is the Korean publisher of the game:

www.h2interactive.co.kr

I have it on Steam. It works fine with no frame drops after taking off bloom, which didn't even noticeably effect the game. Online isn't present. If you let a screensaver come up, the characters are invisible for the round, and can become visible again just randomly during that same round.

This is the outcome of all that whining about Arcsys games on Steam? Joke's on them. What will it take to get these people to finally realize that if you want to play non-doujin fighting games, you buy a console? This has been the rule since Street Fighter II and it will not change until consoles go away.

And? PC ports aren't even that expensive. As a guy about to build a gaming PC I'd love to see CSEX and CP on Steam. And Xrd too for that matter--given that the PS4 is gonna be using X86 code, porting it to the PC will be incredibly cheap and easy.

But PC gaming is even smaller in Japan than it is in the west, so I don't expect to see anything soon.

This is the outcome of all that whining about Arcsys games on Steam? Joke's on them. What will it take to get these people to finally realize that if you want to play non-doujin fighting games, you buy a console? This has been the rule since Street Fighter II and it will not change until consoles go away.

Where did you get this from? The golden book of game development? Even if consoles are best suited for fighting games, that doesn't mean ports aren't viable. This archaic mentality needs to go away.

And? PC ports aren't even that expensive. As a guy about to build a gaming PC I'd love to see CSEX and CP on Steam. And Xrd too for that matter--given that the PS4 is gonna be using X86 code, porting it to the PC will be incredibly cheap and easy.

But PC gaming is even smaller in Japan than it is in the west, so I don't expect to see anything soon.

The fuck? PC gaming in the west is huge today. Not for fighting games mind you yet, but for everything else it is.

While the console versions of the game might take some work to port the arcade version are extremely easy. An arcade today is a pc and arcade games run on a normal pc as they are. Just need some interface updates.

Where did you get this from? The golden book of game development? Even if consoles are best suited for fighting games, that doesn't mean ports aren't viable. This archaic mentality needs to go away.

The PC isn't a proper platform for fighting games because they need a closed system (i.e. consoles) to ensure framerate and input consistency between setups. End of story.

Also, good luck convincing niche Japanese developers to invest their limited resources heavily into PCs when nearly their entire (Japanese) market is so fixated on consoles, and when the PC is so prone to piracy, which the Japanese are especially sensitive about for cultural reasons. Steam is barely a blip on the radar in Japan, and if it doesn't need a mouse and keyboard, it probably doesn't need to be on the PC.

Also, good luck convincing niche Japanese developers to invest their limited resources heavily into PCs when nearly their entire (Japanese) market is so fixated on consoles

And as far as fighting games go, pretty much exclusively Playstation.

Fuck Sony. I bought a 360 just for these games and then they went and dropped 360, so if they want to lose sales then that's on them. Deciding to drop 40% of your international sales is reason enough to question their platform choices.