Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackYakuzu94

Blazblue Calamity Trigger is on Steam.

360 was only ~40% in total sales back in CS1 era. Since then it has gotten much worse. P4U 360 didn't even scratch ~20%. The company has been able to put out a much better product since dropping 360. With the decisions M$ has been making lately, I'm happy with what ASW decided to do.

The OG Xbox didn't remain a viable platform for niche games for as long as the PS2, either. I was bummed about it since the 360 is my primary console, but I understand why they dropped Microsoft. The 360 is incredibly irrelevant in Japan at the moment, and the PS3 has been around long enough that most gaijin players have bought one by now (myself included).

Where did you get this from? The golden book of game development? Even if consoles are best suited for fighting games, that doesn't mean ports aren't viable. This archaic mentality needs to go away.

The fuck? PC gaming in the west is huge today. Not for fighting games mind you yet, but for everything else it is.

It may be pretty big but compared to consoles it's not as big as them.

And in Japan it's basically nonexistent. The domestic market matters the most to ASW. I'm amazed CT ever showed up on Windows in all honesty.

Lol, kind of 7 years late...

Do your research before commenting. The game is barely 5 years and 4 months old if you take to the account the date the game was released in arcades. On consoles it was released in the Summer of '09, with the exception of the European version which came a year later.

Is it a surprise why we haven't seen Arc's games on Steam until now because of the fucking disaster that is CT Windows Live version? Even if you play the game on 360 now the only ones you can battle online are lvl 60 pirates.

My only issue with PC ports of fighting games that have an online component is that every new port further divides the playerbase and subsequently shortens the lifespan of a title on any given platform. The more options you have for playing a game, the less chance there is that someone will have chosen the same option as you at the same time.

While I was initially disappointed that ASW opted not to port CP to the 360, part of me is glad the entire community is going to be funneled onto one system (for the sake of argument let's pretend the Vita port doesn't count) rather than being spread out across two or three. While there are obvious benefits to appealing to as many different markets as possible, when it concerns a game in a genre that requires an active community of players (fighters, MMOs, multiplayer-centric FPS titles, etc.), I think you're better off targeting the largest single group of players out there, even if it means excluding a few people.

Besides, how many hardcore fighting game fans out there own a PC but not at least one console?

Besides, how many hardcore fighting game fans out there own a PC but not at least one console?

I'm one of those people cause of financial reasons.

(though every sunday I would visit my cousin's house to borrow his PS3)

360 was only ~40% in total sales back in CS1 era. Since then it has gotten much worse. P4U 360 didn't even scratch ~20%.

Sorta stupid to expect a game for which half the draw is it being a tie-in with a Playstation exclusive RPG franchise to sell as well outside of that space, don't you think? P4U is a TERRIBLE metric.

The company has been able to put out a much better product since dropping 360.

The heck are you talking about? They literally HAVEN'T put out a product on this side of the pond 'since dropping the 360' and just what about CP makes it such a magically "better product" other than the fact that they iterated on their previous designs again? Nothing whatsoever points to this having to do with dropping support for a console.

Edit: oh, and hilariously, P4U2 IS coming to 360 in the west. Heh. I guess they got enough backlash on CP that they're regretting the decision. That or Atlus made the decision for them.

With the decisions M$ has been making lately, I'm happy with what ASW decided to do.

Meh. While MS is full of dumb lately, none of it really influences these games, so I don't see what that has to do with this either.

As for "how many hard core fighting game blahblahblah" I think you'd be surprised. Also, you might be surprised how many people would LIKE to get in on these games and don't feel like paying a $250 console tax.

I think ASW know what they are doing better than anyone here, so what's the point arguing over this matter?

You're talking about the guys who balance with the whiskey bottle here. :P

The PC isn't a proper platform for fighting games because they need a closed system (i.e. consoles) to ensure framerate and input consistency between setups. End of story.

Also, good luck convincing niche Japanese developers to invest their limited resources heavily into PCs when nearly their entire (Japanese) market is so fixated on consoles, and when the PC is so prone to piracy, which the Japanese are especially sensitive about for cultural reasons. Steam is barely a blip on the radar in Japan, and if it doesn't need a mouse and keyboard, it probably doesn't need to be on the PC.

Aside from possibly framerate, input and piracy are a silly excuse. There's enough piracy on consoles and you can use different types of inputs on consoles as well. If FPS can work on consoles, then there's really no excuse for fighting games to be on PC.

Not sure anyone cares, but you can add H2 interactive to the list of companies who want to get more BlazBlue on steam:

Greetings from H2 Interactive,

Thank you for your kind words and your interest in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please see our response to your questions below.

1. Our best interest is to satisfy our fans and we hope to make the game more enjoyable with future updates, but no plans have been confirmed yet.

2. Unfortunatley, H2 Interactive did not acquire any responsibilities regarding retail versions released by other companies and therefore, we are not able to offer any compensations for retail purchases.

3. There are ongoing internal discussions regarding other titles of Arc System Works. Announcements will be made when details are confirmed.

Thank you for your support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Thank you so much for porting BlazBlue calamity trigger to steam. It really is a joy to see the game available on a popular platform however I have a few questions: 1. The game has no online play. Does h2 games plan to patch in online play in the future? 2. H2 games was not the publisher of the original BlazBlue CT game on games for windows live. Is there a way for owners of the GFWL version to redeem their serial numbers on steam? 3. Will H2 port any other BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, or other Arc System works games to steam? I hope the answers to 1 and 3 are yes. Again thank you for making my favorite fighting franchise available on steam.

Support Center

H2 INTERACTIVE Co., Ltd.

A 605 Gangseo Hangang Xi Tower, 401, Yangcheon-ro, Gangseo-Gu, Seoul, Korea

Email: support@h2interactive.co.kr

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information immediately.

Basically

1. BB CT online play, sounds like a good idea, but they haven't gotten around to it.

2. GFWL serial keys are useless for CT

3. They are talking to Arc about other titles on Steam, but nothing to announce right now.

Guys, bought this on steam.

Cant mabage to make game to work.

It just minimizes to tray, and then i click to expand it, it minimizes again. Nothing helps.

Win 7, good hardware, was trying to launch in compatibility modes - no helps.

Any ideas?

The PC isn't a proper platform for fighting games because they need a closed system (i.e. consoles) to ensure framerate and input consistency between setups. End of story.

Also, good luck convincing niche Japanese developers to invest their limited resources heavily into PCs when nearly their entire (Japanese) market is so fixated on consoles, and when the PC is so prone to piracy, which the Japanese are especially sensitive about for cultural reasons. Steam is barely a blip on the radar in Japan, and if it doesn't need a mouse and keyboard, it probably doesn't need to be on the PC.

Is this post from 2008?

While there are obvious benefits to appealing to as many different markets as possible, when it concerns a game in a genre that requires an active community of players (fighters, MMOs, multiplayer-centric FPS titles, etc.), I think you're better off targeting the largest single group of players out there, even if it means excluding a few people.

This honestly is the only fair complain about fighting games on PC, everything else has been pretty much addressed these days. And unlike Sony and MS, I don't have to pay them for, you know, letting me use my internet (that I already pay for) to play against other people.

On topic: has anyone managed to make a GFWL save work on the Steam version of BBCT? Is it possible to convert it like some people did with Batman Arkham Asylum

OK. at last i launched it

Em, cant get my hitbox to work with BB

PC sees my hitbox, all drivers are installed

but BB doesnt see it.

Any ideas?

OK. at last i launched it

Em, cant get my hitbox to work with BB

PC sees my hitbox, all drivers are installed

but BB doesnt see it.

Any ideas?

Since your Hitbox shows up in your OS, you can use a program called Xpadder (get version 5.3, it's the "legal free" version, and should come up in Search Engine Searches).

Xpadder will allow you to bind keyboard keys to your controller's buttons. Pretty much just look at the keyboard controls in-game, then in Xpadder map your hitbox buttons to the keyboard keys.

If you're using Win7/8, run Xpadder in Compatibility mode for "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".

Xpadder can be a little confusing to use at first, so if you need any help just ask - or look at quick tutorials on YouTube.

Well, Xpadder doesnt work

It sees my hitbox, i do all setting, but BB doesnt see (

I even used x360ce tool. Same result (

Just to be clear, BlazBlue won't actually see your Hitbox controller in it's controls setup. BlazBlue should be set to use keyboard controls. Then of course with Xpadder running with the keyboard keys bound for the Hitbox, the Hitbox controller will play BlazBlue through BlazBlue's keyboard controls.

If it still doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is maybe running Xpadder as Administrator (as well as the Compatibility stuff mentioned before)?

While I don't want to make it anymore confusing, there's an Xpadder option that returns the buttons to "Set 1" (if you have multiple Xpadder button sets) when you minimize/restore Xpadder. While this setting is highly unlikely to be the issue here, you may want to disable the option incase you were using any other Button set other than Set 1. The Option is located under Xpadder Settings (you click the little wrench icon to open up settings) -> Options -> Window: Return to Set 1 after minimize/restore.

OK i tried "return to set1..." off and on - it doesnt affect

Now about "keyboard keys bound for the Hitbox...."

didnt quite understand

look: i got my hitbox working in xpadder - then i go to BB and try ti assign hitbox buttons BOTH in gamepad settings and keyboard settings - none of this reacts to pressing buttons on hitbox (

Or is it incorrect? What do you mean by "BlazBlue should be set to use keyboard controls" ?

UPDATE!!!

Ohh!!! I figured out what you meant!

Until now i only had my hitbox layout in Xpadder! With no key association

It wasnt obvious but i found "associate keys" and set my hitbox buttons to W, Z, B, and etc.

Now it works in BB!

THANK YOU!!!!!

I got the game only to show "support" for future ASW/BlazBlue games on Steam.

The only thing i kinda hate it's the people putting non-related game artwork. such like: gifs from other animes & just simple images [some NSFW].

Before that started to happening... There it was alot of Chrono Phantasma Artwork & topic about a guy wanted an admin to delete all that artwork "thieves"

Now... those NSFW stuff it's on BBCT Artwork & no one does anything about it.

So... GG Steam Community.

What? Framerate and input consistency are pretty much required for competitive games and those exist on PC. Other than popularity of different platforms PCs are more than viable for fighting games.

$10 so I can play through the story without having to borrow BBCT from a friend seems alright to me.

I'm okay with PC fighters, but just not exclusively PC fighters. Ever try to run a PC tourney? That shit is beyond dumb. Every two games, someone complains about their setup, every three players, there's someone who's stick doesn't work.