Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

[June 14, 2014] Ultimate Montreal Air Dashers 2014

Back for our third year, the hype continues, announcing Ultimate Montreal Air Dashers 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg1gr38xiJA

Presented by :

MTLTAMASHI_400px.png

When : June 14th

Where : Foonzo, 1245 Drummond, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. H3G 1V8 http://foonzo.com

Venue info :

You must be 18 or older to enter the venue. NO EXCEPTIONS (legal age for drinking etc. is 18 in Quebec)

You must buy food at the venue as well. Whether it's alcohol, nachos, burgers, sandwiches...Foonzo will even have a special menu for events! You cannot eat outside food or drinks inside the venue too.

Main Tournaments :

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma (most recent version, following evo rules)

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R

Side Tournaments :

Persona 4 Arena

Gundam EXVSFB 2v2

Arcana Heart 3

Melty Blood

Vampire Savior

Skullgirls

Maybe more? Depending on interest...

Aquapazza

Chaos Code

Schedule :

Saturday : venue opens 11:30 AM

Tentative schedule :

10 AM start placing stuff (come if you want to help)

2 PM BBCP Pools 1&2

3:30 PM BBCP Pools 3&4

5 PM BBCP Top 8, GG+R pools 1&2

7 PM GG+R pools 3&4 into top 8

after... teams if interest, maybe Canada vs USA in some game.

side events :

2 PM Gundam exvs

2 PM Skullgirls

3 PM Vampire Saviour

4 PM AH3LM

5 PM MBAACC

6 PM P4U

after... Aquapazza/ChaosCode/Teams...

Sunday

Teams, if interest

Stream :

twitch.tv/bibiquadium (to be confirmed)

Rules :

2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches, loser can switch character, format will be 4 pools followed by top 8, 70/20/10, no unlimited/gold/etc... the usual rules.

Macro rules same as Big E tournaments : specify character choice, then ask the other player if macros are ok.

Venue fee : 10$

Main games : 10$

Side events : tbd

Additional info / FAQ :

This tournament is held in Canada, therefore, if you are not Canadian, you will need a passport to enter the country. Look into ASAP if you are interested, these can take a while to get done. You might want to bring Canadian money, but you can alternatively just go to an ATM over here, or pay with your card.

Also, when travelling to another country, your cellphones/smartphones enter roaming and additionnal charges will be applied for anything you do with them. Best idea is to turn off your data and we'll see what we can do about the wifi at the venue.

Will I be OK if I don't speak French? Yes, lots of people in Montreal don't even speak French.

The event is only one day, why? We'll be having Foonzo all to ourselves on Saturday. All the other days, if people want to show up and play casuals, we will be there anyways! If enough people show up on Sunday or Friday, we could run teams or exhibition matches .(note, closed on Mondays)

Will I need to bring a jacket? Depends on you, temperature in June here is somewhere between 68 and 86 degrees. (that's 20-30 celsius)

Are you working on a group rate for a hotel? No, but there are a lot of hotels nearby since the venue is downtown, you should be able to find something at a decent price, and the venue will stay open very late. If you're on a tight budget try asking if anyone wants to offer a place to crash, you never know.

How is the parking around Foonzo? There's a parking lot right next to it, costs 20$ or so per day.

How do I get to Foonzo from the airport? There's a 24/7 bus that passes often (http://www.stm.info/en/info/networks/bus/shuttle/line-747-east/60997), it goes from the airport to downtown, there's a stop about 1 minute walking distance from foonzo. Costs 8$ and generally offers free wifi.

How do I get to Foonzo from the train station? It's a 15 minute walk.

How do I get to Foonzo from the bus terminus? Depends, with megabus, it's a 10 minute walk. With greyhound, it's either a 30 min walk, or you need to taxi/public transit/get a ride from someone.

When's Marvel? In the back there might be a cabinet with it for you to play.

Anything I need to know about driving in Montreal? Flashing green light means you can turn left. You can't turn right on red lights, tie your seatbelt, speed limits are in KM/h so learn the equivalences, beware of potholes, avoid the giant orange cones, and don't drink and drive.

Can I help? Sure! We'll need people to run the pools, check the door, and bring equipment. You can also help just by spreading the word so as much people as possible make it to this!

Why should I come?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16516-Ultimate-Montreal-Air-Dashers-2013-Results-and-Shoutouts http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14032-Montreal-Air-Dashers-(Apr-14-2012)-Results-and-Shoutouts!

note : there are a lot of other festivals in Montreal around this time as well. A beerfest, two music festivals, and an art festival. For more info : http://www.montreal.com/tourism/festivals/index.html There's also the F-1 Grand Prix the week before, if you're into that.

Is the train station in question Montreal Central Station?

Does Foonzo still have NBA Jam TE?

Pretty sure I'll be able to find a job before then, so I should be able to come! (even if it's only as a spectator)

gonna support Gundam tournament side, gonna bring my PS3 if need for. i don't have monitors sadly.

Ah, it's almost that time of year again. Come on down to Montreal and push buttons and eat poutine with us again guys!!! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully some new faces. Reading my shoutouts from last year is weird though, lol. In particular...

- Congrats to Kirbster for taking second place in BB. I really need to stalk you and steal all your Rachel secrets 1 day.

Why haven't I done this yet?!?!?! I'll have to fix this when I finally have a copy of CP in March.

@AirMaster, My PS3 is about to have Full Boost installed on it in like 10 minutes. Just say the word and I'll bring it to Foonzo for the tournament. Don't think I can help with a monitor though unless through sheer dumb luck the TV in my room turns out to be good for these sort of things.

But yeah, if you guys need my help with anything, feel free to ask! It would be my pleasure ^,^

EDIT: Also, when's the Skullgirls Encore side tournament? lol :P

Really want to go to this, since Montreal looks intriguing and I might just spend like a week there. Tentatively, I'm looking for people to split like an airbnb listing with me or something? PM me.

Hmm, I'm staying for a week but still don't have a hotel yet. Even if we can't get a group rate, it would be good to coordinate and get a lot of people who are going to be in the same hotel, or at least hotels near each other.

When's the Skullgirls Encore side tournament? lol :P

I was thinking the same. Pedro! I don't see no SG on that side tourney list! It'll be fun getting bodied by everyone from out of town (omniscyth was there last year, I think he can teach me a thing or two about valentine)

About hotels, here are my recommendations :

BEST WESTERN PLUS Montreal Downtown Hotel Europa - 140/night (1 queen), 160/night (2 double beds). you can save if you're a AAA member.

address : 1240 Drummond street (accross the street from Foonzo)

Quality Inn Downtown - 131/night (1 king, 1 sofabed), 141/night (2 queen beds)

website : http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-montreal-canada-CN139

address : 1214 Crescent St. (<5 min walk to Foonzo)

Novotel Montreal Centre - 139/night (1 king, 1 sofabed), 189/night (2 double beds)

website : http://www.novotelmontreal.com/home/novotelmontrealhotels.shtm

address : 1180 rue de la Montagne (<5 min walk to Foonzo)

Note that I'm going by proximity and price, I've never stayed at either. Also, prices are what was shown on their website and might change. You could also find a better deal somewhere else. If anyone finds something more interesting and close, or if any of these hotels become fully booked, post here to let everyone know. Or if you find a mistake in what I wrote also let me know so I can fix it lol. These might get booked fast so don't wait too long.

About Skullgirls, sure we can have that too, if there are people who want to play it. Might need you guys to confirm me some setups and maybe one of you to run it, but I'm sure we can fit it in.

Yeah all values are Canadian dollars, but the value is pretty close to American dollars.

About Skullgirls, sure we can have that too, if there are people who want to play it. Might need you guys to confirm me some setups and maybe one of you to run it, but I'm sure we can fit it in.

To be honest, I was mostly joking when I made my comment about SG, lol. It's not that I don't want to do it. In fact, I was going to ask about doing one at one point. But then I remembered how last UMAD was and I didn't/don't really think they'll be time/space for an SG tourny until the end of the night. Not sure how many people are going to be around for SG by that time.

tl:dr: if you guys think there'll be time to run an SG side tourny, I'd be happy to run it but I won't be too broken hearted if there isn't time to do one. I promise I'll only cry for half an hour, no longer! :P

I'd also, be happy to run a tourney. That is, if I'm actually able to make it. Prior engagements might be getting in the way....

There are few of them, I don't know if they'll show up, but I think some out of towners who are planning to come play it.

I would love to come to this and see you all, but I'm focusing on saving money to move out this year so I won't be able to come. Last year was great though, so if you're thinking of going to this and reading this message you should go!

There are few of them, I don't know if they'll show up, but I think some out of towners who are planning to come play it.

I'll come all the way from Toronto if there is interest, even a small round-robin would be good enough for me.

Any new word on what hotels folks are staying at? Also, I'm planning on being there for a week (From wednesday to the following tuesday) and hotels are spendy for that many nights. I don't mean to impose, but if anyone could put me and my ladyfriend up for some of those days? PM me or something if you think this sounds awesome (Because you want to hang out, or are just super nice)