Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pochp

[June 14, 2014] Ultimate Montreal Air Dashers 2014

Vampire Savior... sure we can run something if players show up. DaiAndOh, do you know of any other people that play VSav that are thinking of coming?

Any new word on what hotels folks are staying at? Also, I'm planning on being there for a week (From wednesday to the following tuesday) and hotels are spendy for that many nights. I don't mean to impose, but if anyone could put me and my ladyfriend up for some of those days? PM me or something if you think this sounds awesome (Because you want to hang out, or are just super nice)

I don't have any news on people booking hotel rooms. I might be able to offer you a futon in our living room if no one else has a better offer. Would have to check with my roommates if you're interested, but it should be ok.

What do you guys think of doing a Canada vs US 5v5 exhibition in BB/GG or anything of the sort? I'm know that time is limited especially since everything's being done in one day but I think that that could be a fun thing if you guys can pull it off.

Vampire Savior... sure we can run something if players show up. DaiAndOh, do you know of any other people that play VSav that are thinking of coming?

A couple of maybes in NY, I'll try round up some interest with the VSav NY scene, especially since a few of them play BB/GG.

LK plays VSav and I'm sure he's coming (he has to see his wife after all :P) 

What do you guys think of doing a Canada vs US 5v5 exhibition in BB/GG or anything of the sort? I'm know that time is limited especially since everything's being done in one day but I think that that could be a fun thing if you guys can pull it off.

May have to add more teams for regions (northeast/NY, rest of US, West/East Canadas?, MTL? Rest of Canada), but would be cool.

Every year we try, but it doesn't work out for various reasons. Maybe this year since we're more experienced and have only 2 main games, we'll be able to finish that earlier, and have time for this.

Yes, MAT and UMAD are different tournaments. MAT is more about Capcom games, but sometimes we'll enter and run side tournaments there if there's space.

If anyone looking for a partner for EXVS:FB please let me know, am looking for one.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it after all, it's all gonna depend on when my boss gets back from his vacation.

I guess we'll have to see!

I don't have any news on people booking hotel rooms. I might be able to offer you a futon in our living room if no one else has a better offer. Would have to check with my roommates if you're interested, but it should be ok.

Sounds good to me, I appreciate the offer. If that is possible, how many and which days could we stay there?

@Lythium : hope you guys can make it!

@DW : Talked to my roommates, it's cool. No real issue with the days themselves, as long as it stays under two weeks I'd say, lol. We've had quite a few couch surfers last summer so we're all used to it.

@brettchronic : Do you have a preference? The schedule still isn't set, so anywhere between 2pm and 11pm works. It would probably take under an hour. I think we had one guy in Montreal who might be interested, so I'll ask him too. Anyone else that would enter would most likely be there for the rest of the event anyways.

@brettchronic : Do you have a preference? The schedule still isn't set, so anywhere between 2pm and 11pm works. It would probably take under an hour. I think we had one guy in Montreal who might be interested, so I'll ask him too. Anyone else that would enter would most likely be there for the rest of the event anyways.

I'm planning to take the Megabus so I'm planning to arrive the Saturday 12:30pm then leave Sunday 12:15am. (going to Schwartz Deli first ;))

I know there's a few local guys who play it, I don't know how many will show up. I don't know about any out of towners who are confirmed to come for it, though. It's the first year we'll run it.

Updated the OP to add SG and VS side events.

Also, trailer is up : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg1gr38xiJA

Hopefully we will get  more ppl this year for Gundam! :D

Come to the weekly meetups! Every tuesday at Foonzo lol.

Y'know, I'm not gonna say that I'm tempted to enter Gundam despite having never played it before and having no idea how to, BUT...

It's with a heavy heart I must withdraw this year x_x. Please have the best of the times.

My passport application was accepted and plane tickets have been bought. I CAN'T WAIT TO VISIT MONTREAL AAAHHHHHH

Is anyone getting a hotel room?

yes, but I'm staying with my boyfriend. You trying to find a room to split?

Although I won't be able to go to the actual tournament, I'll be there the Thursday before to share in the pre-hype casuals with the crew (and hopefully some out-of-town fighters as well)