Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reki

Planning to be an entrepreneur for ggxrd

I really want to make a business out of ggxrd and I have the capital for it. I'm planning to buy a couple of machines then make a deal with some arcades or hobby shops here. Anyone with an idea how much does a playable set cost? I have a lot of experience with electronics and fighting games in general.

Any help is very appreciated.

Depends on the machine. I remember hearing that SF4 cabinets were in the $25,000 range at launch, but that was for the dual set-up and no aime cart support. I've heard about some other machines being in similar price ranges, so Xrd probably wont be too far off. Also, some companies just sell you the machine, but some want money up front and a cut of your profits.

Contact someone like Maximilian from the community since he could probably give you a lot more background info, but the best way to find out what Xrd costs is to contact ArcSys.

Good luck in your endeavor. I get the feeling it wont work out, going off of experience with all of the local arcades closing despite doing everything they could to stay in business, but I still wish you the best because I love GG.

Contact someone like Maximilian from the community since he could probably give you a lot more background info, but the best way to find out what Xrd costs is to contact ArcSys.

Thanks a lot. brb. Will be monitoring this thread.

It's most likely impossible. Even if you can get some RingEdge 2 systems, Xrd does not have a physical arcade kit and requires an ALL NET P.Ras Multi subscription, which is Sega's competing service to NESiCA. Both these services are heavy on DRM and were designed to completely lock out unauthorized use of their games, in response to widespread Chinese piracy among other factors. Like with NESiCA, I'm quite certain that signing up for it is not a simple process, and requires hard verification that you're an arcade operator in Japan. Even if you could sign up, it's locked to Japanese IP addresses.

It's most likely impossible. Even if you can get some RingEdge 2 systems, Xrd does not have a physical arcade kit and requires an ALL NET P.Ras Multi subscription, which is Sega's competing service to NESiCA. Both these services are heavy on DRM and were designed to completely lock out unauthorized use of their games, in response to widespread Chinese piracy among other factors. Like with NESiCA, I'm quite certain that signing up for it is not a simple process, and requires hard verification that you're an arcade operator in Japan. Even if you could sign up, it's locked to Japanese IP addresses.

:eng101:

Also, even if it was possible:

Are you doing this as an actual entrepreneur trying to start a successful business, or are you doing this because you like Guilty Gear. Attempting to run any sort of business because you personally like some element of it and not because you know that it will be successful is a recipe for disaster. All because you want Guilty Gear to be popular doesn't mean it will be.

There's always a possibility. I remember TTT2 Arcade (which is required to be online at all times) was available for play at NEC12, FR, and one other venue (sorry I can't remember, I think maybe Super Arcade) for a short time.

So the question isn't whether or not it is possible, but rather, is it worth it for you to make it possible. And seeing that you aren't in Japan, the cost of making it possible is probably steep.

Yeah, the last good arcade in MA (Tokyo Game Action) was pretty much run into the ground by their investment into four SFIV cabinets, when the game came out in 2008. There were other factors that led to their closure, but that was the 10-ton weight that broke the camel's back.

Some lady ended up getting pressured into buying them at auction; I wonder where they are now.

TTT2 Unlimited has actually an offline version meant to be used for promotion in events, but there is no coin settings, only freeplay is possible so that's hardly commercially exploitable (plus I'm not sure Namco would be ok with it). If I remember correctly, Fubarduck tried to get Nesica to the US and it never happened, getting Sega to do what Taito didn't should be quite hard. Anyway if you really want to try this, you might better get in touch with people that have experience in this business, you'll probably get more relevant info than here.