Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HyroXIII

Darn it Tager!

Can anyone give me tips for Fighting Tager in BBEX?

whenever I fight him I can widdle his HP down to red but his command grabs keep screwing me over. -_-

also, tips in general on grab breaking would be very much appreciated, I'm not that good at breaking them...

You don't even know the half of it man, Tager can put you through some relentless shit in CP now. You can improve your neutral game, combos, and grab/counter-grab at more opportune times, but that's all I have to bring to the table.

I'd actually like to hear some good strategies of getting around Tager myself.

Honestly, playing Tager is like taking a two question test. Every time you screw up, it shows in your hp lol. If you don't screw up, your chances of winning are almost perfect. If you scew up, your chances just dropped by like 60%. Most obvious thing is don't stay in his grab range (which by your double S tier character selection shouldn't be too hard lol). Haku can zone him all day with C pokes, and just face it: if played correctly no one can catch Valk cept Tao and MAYBE Hazama. You could lame it out by landing a wolf j,A and run away for the rest of the match lol.

Also, like others said, command grabs are guaranteed if you get grabbed. Jumping beats them, and both Valk and Haku I think can just do either j.C or j.2C (respectively) to beat his 2C and AC.

Can anyone give me tips for Fighting Tager in BBEX?

whenever I fight him I can widdle his HP down to red but his command grabs keep screwing me over. -_-

also, tips in general on grab breaking would be very much appreciated, I'm not that good at breaking them...

Don't rush him down. Zone him out. Focus on poking him from as far a range as possible and playing keep away.

If you're even a pixel off the ground, he can't grab you. So jump when you think a grab is coming. But watch out for Atomic Collider, which can grab you out of the air.

Tager thrives on punishing mistakes. A blocked DP against another character could be a decent combo, but against Tager you'll eat at least a 720. So don't panic, and try to keep a cool a head as possible.

Patience is the key.

Although I see you play Valk. He should be able to fly all over the screen like no problem against Tager.