Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinsyn

[May 23-25, 2014] Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 10 (UFGTX)

Keits Presents: Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 10! (UFGTX): May 23-25 2014 @ Crowne Plaza O'Hare in Chicago, Illinois.

ufgt10.png

It's that time again! Keits is once again, hosting the Midwest Biggest FGC Event: UFGTX! As always, expect this to be quite the fun event!

The Main Games List is as follows:

• BlazBlue Chronophantasma (PS3, Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 games)
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R (PS3, Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 games) - $1,000 Pot Bonus!
  • Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers Resurrection version, Xbox 360, Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 games)
  • Super Street Figter 4 Arcade Edition Ver 2012 (Xbox 360, Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 games)
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360, Double Elimination, 3 out of 5 games)
  • Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom X (Special rules tournament, Xbox 360, Double Elimination, 3 out of 5 games)
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube/Wii, Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 games)
  • Project M 3.0 (or current version, Wii, Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 games)
  • Divekick (PS3, Double Elimination, 3 out of 5 games) - $500 Pot Bonus!
  • Skullgirls Encore (PS3, Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 games)
  • Injustice Gods Among Us (Xbox 360, Double Elimination, 3 out of 5 games)
  • Mortal Kombat 9 (Xbox 360, Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 games)
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3, Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 games)
  • Killer Instinct (Xbox One, Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 games)
  • King of Fighters XIII (PS3, Double Elimination, 2 out of 3 games)
  • UFGT10 Mystery Game Tournament (Various, Double Elimination, each time you face a new opponent, you will play a different game, rules vary)
Additional rules can be found on our rules page.

Side Events:

• Persona 4 Arena (Run by @ShinSyn)
  • Donated Consoles
  • ShinSyn
  • BG | Callisto
  • papermarkis
  • MoTheHawk
  • Grant
  • Zerashi
Additional games may be added to the list at a later date if we see demand. Community run side events are welcome, but please coordinate with @TheKeits if you wish to run a game.

Online Registration is LIVE! *Click Here to Get Started!*

Additional information will be posted as updates come in!

Not at the moment. I will ask Keits about it and as soon as there is information out there. I'll post up the info or retweet it when Keits puts it out there.

Not at the moment. I will ask Keits about it and as soon as there is information out there. I'll post up the info or retweet it when Keits puts it out there.

I asked him myself later today and he said won't know until May.

My man Shin with the P4 tournament hookup! Makes the trip to Chicago worthwhile for me every time.

If you're in the Midwest area GO TO UFGT - this could be the last major of its kind for our region.

Just announced that Divekick has a $500 Pot bonus and Guilty Gear Accent Core +R has a $1,000 pot bonus! Sending off +R and UFGT10 with a Bang!

IF you haven't pre-registered for this, GET ON IT!

No Melty side tournament!?

Read the main post towards the end. If you would like to run a Melty Side Tournament, you must coordinate with Keits to get things started.

Anyone driving from Florida/Georgia (Maybe Alabama/Tennessee/South Carolina too depending) and willing to carpool? And perhaps room share?

I'll be be bringing down a car or two full of Canadians for this. 

Really looking forward to getting a chance to learn the GG matchups that I never get to play in my local scene!

I'll be visiting family in Michigan during this event, so I'll be about 2 hours away.  When the final schedule get's posted, I'll do my very best to arrange it to attend for Guilty Gear and Vampire Saviour if possible.

ShinSyn, thank you for the pot bonus.  I probably won't be taking it, it's just super cool of you to do that for the game and the community.  Cheers to you sir!

Be sure to register ASAP!

Regular Registration will be coming to a close soon so get to it before you're paying an extra couple of dollars for late registrations.

Hey, if there's anyone looking for a room to split, I've got a room with two people in it right now, and we're looking to share with another person or two! We have it at the group rate ($89 a night, ~$35 total tax), so between three or four people, that ends up being pretty cheap. Though I should mention that I don't have a flight booked yet, and if the prices don't go down a bunch (they're at $500 right now!), you're gonna be splitting the room with one less person.

Assistance with the Persona 4 Arena Side Tournament

The plan is to start running P4A at 12PM or 2PM on Sunday, there is also the possibility of getting Top 8 streamed as well.  But for this to work out, I'll need about 6 consoles to run this effectively.  I'll be supplying my own so if I can get 5 others to supply their console for the side tournament to help out, that would be great!  Please post up if anyone is willing to lend a console for the cause.  I'll keep a list of those that offer on the first post.

Thanks in Advanced,

ShinSyn

Hey, if there's anyone looking for a room to split, I've got a room with two people in it right now, and we're looking to share with another person or two! We have it at the group rate ($89 a night, ~$35 total tax), so between three or four people, that ends up being pretty cheap. Though I should mention that I don't have a flight booked yet, and if the prices don't go down a bunch (they're at $500 right now!), you're gonna be splitting the room with one less person.

what days are you staying? i have my own room for thu-sun but i'd prefer to cancel my reservation and room with someone else if possible.

...although if demand exceeds supply, i suppose i could throw out the same offer :3 same hotel, same price (~$100 a night after tax), just me atm.

pm me if you still have (or want) a room!

Chris I'm pretty sure I don't need my PS3 from 12 to 4:30 on Sunday, VSav and Injustice are both on 360 during that block.  I'll just need it back by 4:30 for Divekick.