Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

someonewhodied

Alter Memory Bonus DLC for Chronophantasma

The BB-AM site should have listings for stages/theme's included (or go here...http://blazblue-am.jp/dvd/index.html)
, but I'll list it here for future reference.

Vol.1: Stages - Kagutsuchi Port 10:30 AM, Cathedral, Halloween -Origin-, The Gate, Sheol Gate, and Moonlight Castle / Themes - Rebellion, Lust Sin, Under Heaven Destruction, and Awakening the Chaos. (Includes Pallete Color 22)
Vol.2: Stages - Lost Town, Circus, Postpriandal Happy, and Heritage Museum / Themes - Queen of Rose, Catus Carnival, Marionette Purple, Alexandrite, and X-Matic.
Vol.3: Stages - Orient Town, Ronin-Gai, Rest Time, Ronin-Gai Night, and Bascule / Themes - Motor Head, Oriental Flower, Gale, Howling Moon, and Active Angel.
Vol.4: Stages - Area 28, Monorail, Hanging Gardens, and Cocoon Area 28 / Themes - Weak Executioner, Thin RED Line, Memory of Tears, Codemnation Wings, and Plastic Night.
Vol.5: Stages - Kagutsuchi Port 9:00 PM, Cathedral, Adventus, Kagutsuchi Port 4:45 PM, and Symbolic Domination / Themes - Imperial Code, Bullet Dance, Gluttony Fang, Endless Despair, and Cross Line.
Vol.6: Stages - Requiem, Closed World, Continuum, and Backstage / Themes - White Requiem, Black Onslaught, Blood Pain, Nightmare Fiction, and Sword of Doom.

Is anything said about this DLC stuff in the US version?

Not that I know of, besides, the US didn't even get the magazine colors from P4A. So yeah, exclusive DLC (that's not on the PSN store to purchase normally), kinda bites, unless the US side does something different to bring it over. (Which chances from it to bring the old themes/stages overseas to CP are kinda slim.)

I was wondering how they were planning to gouge people for the old stages and music themes...

So yeah, exclusive DLC (that's not on the PSN store to purchase normally), kinda bites, unless the US side does something different to bring it over. (Which chances from it to bring the old themes/stages overseas to CP are kinda slim.)

So I take it this DLC must be offline only, then? Otherwise it would have to be on the discs already, in which case I can't imagine them not selling the unlock codes at some point because, you know, free money.

I can't see how this is offline only, when you still have to go to your PSN account (either/any region one) online to enter the product key to download them (and then, you would be still able to play the old stages/themes both off/online anyways). And if they were on the disks anyways, it would have been an unlock key for just a few KB's, I think these are just a few MB's or more (I'm guessing) just to get the old themes/stages. And yeah, it would be nice if they were available to purchase normally, but sometimes, them's the breaks. Unless they come out one way, or another.

Oh, I see. When you said "not on the PSN store" I misinterpreted that to mean you didn't download anything except an unlock code.

Still though, makes me wonder how they handle online compatibility between players. What happens if, say, you're in a player match and select one of the DLC stages or themes other people in the lobby don't have? Does everybody have to download the necessary files before the match starts, or are you not able to select DLC features unless everybody in the room has them?

Yeah, something like how "Compatibility/Catalog Packs" are in certain games lately (though I dunno how this would work with someone that has it and someone that doesn't have it), but since I don't actually have BB:CP yet (waiting on US release though), I think you should ask Kurushii (or anyone that has the old themes/stages), to see what does work, and what doesn't.

That, or wait for a reply here from someone that got the DL codes from the BB:AM LE's (stages/themes). And they'll answer for you.

Oh, I see. When you said "not on the PSN store" I misinterpreted that to mean you didn't download anything except an unlock code.

Still though, makes me wonder how they handle online compatibility between players. What happens if, say, you're in a player match and select one of the DLC stages or themes other people in the lobby don't have? Does everybody have to download the necessary files before the match starts, or are you not able to select DLC features unless everybody in the room has them?

Developers usually handle this in a couple ways, either by shipping the DLC content on the disc or by delivering it via patches. Aksys has been pretty good about maintaining compatibility between players, making sure everyone has access to the data whether they purchase the DLC or not. I played a few games last night with someone who had some of the Extend stages/soundtracks when I didn't, and I had no problems. I don't think it'll be a problem for the NA release.

Well, I guess this solves one part of the problem now, at least not needed to worry, but yeah, would be nice if the US (and if possible, EU/PAL) would also get the old stages and music in some form though.

In the meantime, look over to post #2 once in a while to see what will be added in the rest of the BB:AM LE's.

Not sure if its against ToS to post modding-related stuff here, but flags for unlocking all of those stages and themes without the DLC is in your save file. You still need at least one of the DLCs to have the option to use L1 to switch to old stages/themes. Unfortunately connecting online also relocks them. (Or I'm not properly resigning my save file and the changes aren't sticking)

Not sure if its against ToS to post modding-related stuff here, but flags for unlocking all of those stages and themes without the DLC is in your save file. You still need at least one of the DLCs to have the option to use L1 to switch to old stages/themes. Unfortunately connecting online also relocks them. (Or I'm not properly resigning my save file and the changes aren't sticking)

So the content is already on the disc.  I had a feeling...  Sigh.

Ugh...well, thems the breaks, so the stages/themes are already on there, doi, I just hope the English release gets them somehow (like in the PSN store) without resorting to buy a product that includes the DLC key, but we know that it may or may not happen. Other than that, for those that already noticed, Vol. 4 for LE, Stages/Themes are now added.

If i can actually get the save mod to stick after hopping online i'll post a guide on how to do it. Otherwise its really useless :|

And I'm betting the english dub release of the anime will get color 22 also :v

If i can actually get the save mod to stick after hopping online i'll post a guide on how to do it. Otherwise its really useless :|

And I'm betting the english dub release of the anime will get color 22 also :v

God I just hope color 22 and 23 make it stateside. I was going to buy the Famitsu with color 23 and just stick to the jpn version but it's sold out on Playasia. I want color 23 on izayoi so bad :(

All the dlc was on the jp disc or patched in. Nothing public has been said about the dlc coming to NA. Go ask Aksys nicely. :3

Yeah, but somewhere along the lines that I saw a comment on the PS Blog for the Launch for the US releaase of BB:CP, somewhere, they said... Comment #9 -> (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/25/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-out-today-on-ps3/)

TheOathsworn says:
Quick question though; I remember there were color palette DLC that came with the Anime DVD/Blu-Ray packs in Japan for the game, will we be getting those color palettes as well?

"Bo" from Aksys says:
Yes, those will be purchasable DLC starting on 4/1, with the others coming out later down the line.

I just hope this is true, since it did mention "others down the line"...>_>

Update: Actually, it is true, and it came out a day early than usual for the US. Although they're $4 each (The Alter Memory DLC sets). But the Mag colors are free though, but thats different.

ENG gets to just buy the alter memory DLC..... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 彡┻━┻

bulllllshit. 

Except no color 22 for you guys yet.

ENG gets to just buy the alter memory DLC..... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 彡┻━┻

bulllllshit. 

Except no color 22 for you guys yet.

Um, I thought Color 22 comes in A.M. DLC pack 1, its even shown on the DLC itself with Ragna shown for a base. >_>

On the other hand, it is a bit pricey.  Buying all the extra stages and Music costs a nice $16.  For perspective, the game is $50; the amount $16 is 32% of the cost of the full game currently.  The price of the game is going to go down to boot.  Buying all the extra stages and BGMs does not increase the content of the game even close to 32%, and the extra content is old content that's already been in the series before is has pretty much just been "stuck in."

On the other hand, we don't have to buy terrible animes in order to get the content.

So~  Eh.  I've never been a fan of DLC; it's usually too expensive for what you actually get.  I wonder if they'll create a DLC package for a discounted price?

oh...dammit. not fair. ;~;

To SWD: So I'm guessing you imported CP? >_> (Well, yeah, I guess thems the breaks again...>_>)

Now to wait on the stuff that will be added on the LE's for the last 2 volumes ahead, and also hopefully puchasable soon.

---

To Narroo: Well, if you include Vols. 5 and 6, it'll possibly be $24 coming soon, and the rest of the Stages/Themes would be there, maybe more colors too (25 and 26 maybe?)

Other than that, There wasn't even a bundle pack for either the Colors 1A-1E, or even the Lobby Chars., So yeah, those besides a Bundle for all Alter Memory DLCs for something like that is kinda slim. >_>

To SWD: So I'm guessing you imported CP? >_> (Well, yeah, I guess thems the breaks again...>_>)

Now to wait on the stuff that will be added on the LE's for the last 2 volumes ahead, and also hopefully puchasable soon.

---

To Narroo: Well, if you include Vols. 5 and 6, it'll possibly be $24 coming soon, and the rest of the Stages/Themes would be there, maybe more colors too (25 and 26 maybe?)

Other than that, There wasn't even a bundle pack for either the Colors 1A-1E, or even the Lobby Chars., So yeah, those besides a Bundle for all Alter Memory DLCs for something like that is kinda slim. >_>

Ack, really?  a 50% increase in the price of the game just for the old stages and music?  If they came with more story mode, other game modes, or other features, I'd understand.

Hm, you know, it would be pretty cool to have extra story modes as DLC (assuming it wasn't overpriced or "we could have included this in the release, but we're trying to hook you like a crack dealer in order to make more money.")