Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

May vs Chipp

Chipp-

I only have a very few about chipp, But I hope Shinquickman (Jorge) replies to this because his brother Shadowman (Rodney) plays a good chipp, so Jorge would be the May with the MOST experience in this match-up.

DON't Anti-air with SVD or HSVD, as Chipps J.D owns these.

Do Anti-Air with 5HS, actually SPAM 5HS as you are low invulnerable and chipp does poke with 2D often.

Poke with 5K because May is low invulnerable.

1 Abarea = Death to ninja. Sky Pirates are better. =)

Do use 5D and 5[D] mix-ups on wake-up as his Shoryuken is PATHETIC, yes there's incincibility, but there is no damage off of it without 100% tension.

Punish a baited Shoryu with SVD, as he won't have the ability to FRC to guard/escape, this technique is similar to HOS and KY also.

Use J.K to beat his Teleport mix-ups. J.K, J.D, J.HS, J.D

-Stay on the move if you can, as a lot of his mixup depends on you being scared to move. If you fear him, you die.

- Be patient and don't freak out if he succeeds in mixing you up. He's gonna have to do this at least 2 more times to kill you, while you get one CH and...well, you know th rest.

-If he is above you in the air, DON'T FUCK WITH HIM. You will eat CH j.D and prolly lose 40% and get knocked down. Just block it and go from there.

-Air throw is best AA, but be careful as his j.S is ridiculously hard to throw.

-If he gets in and makes you block c.S or Gamma Blade, DON'T FUCK WITH HIM. He's at +2 after c.S and +5 (yeah, I know) after Gamma Blade. If you must do something, 1F jump the fuck out.

-You can still delay during loops, but don't delay as much as you would against other chars. His teeny hitbox lets him tech out if you delay for too long.

First off sorry if anything is misleading, i'm going off of my personal experiences 2ndly i suck when it actually comes to typing out stuff like this lol (not really all that analytical..i just play xDl) VS Chipp -6P counters Chipp's 5HS so if you think he's gonna use it let em have a big fist in the face! -The only hoop you probably want to set is probably P (and do FRC it) -Chipp's 63146HS OD causes crazy damage, worst off is him getting a knock down then starting it, this would be the reason you have a burst. It knocks him out of the OD and you get tension (YAY) buuuuuuut a crappily timed burst gets you hit (BOO) **turtling in this matchup too much can put you in a tight spot as the chipp can trick you up**(the chipp i play against is very aggresive) -5D is definitely your friend in this match -Obviously don't go a spamming j.HS as you'd be surprised how fast he can score an air grab, or he could do his FB (if he has tension) -Chipp is fairly easy to combo so make every CH count! -Beta Blade is something to be wary of, although punishable you have to be dead on time with it -I've actually been able to counter alpha with a number of moves whilst at the same time those same moves are the reason i end up getting hit by an alpha, i guess it has some really funky timing to safely CH him without you being hit in the process ? -Chipp's j.D is really hard to beat and is wicked fast, everything i've tried as been stuffed by it (j.HS, Vertical dolphins etc. etc) -you'd better be prepared when you're both airborne as Chipp AND May both have fast jumps (I think Chipp's is faster, someone confirm) so expect some air throwing to occur though i really wouldn't store any of the above info due to the first 2 lines lol.

- His JD can be answered by 5hs turning into an 80% combo. - Any chipp that likes to use jhs in their oki or zoning pressure, block the first IB the second and grab him or 5p2d fbhshd dolphin loop, though 5p has alot of proration it doesnt matter because he takes a shit ton of damage due to his bad def modifer (1.30). - Do not turtle, crossover teleport frc jd is ridiculously hard to block on reaction. If your gonna try to turtle do it in the air, as jumping any direction fucks up the range of his teleport, puts you out of reach and restricts him to a specific area until he lands. - Chipps like to jump in the air, let him this is when your best CH opportunities make themselves available with jhs and 5hs. - Don't fish for CH's on the ground, get a hit that links into 2d and do B&B or OHK. This match doesnt have to be difficult but his oki can be dangerous and VERY RANDOM. -Without tension his combos are shit so dont get frustrated. -If he uses air alphablade, jump for joy as risk vs reward its in your favor, try throwing out meaty moves like jhs that will get him into the habit of doing it(bad timed alpha blade will get CH woot). Since its only a kd if you get hit with it and if you can fd it with an empty jump when he does it land and combo, risk vs reward its really in your favor. - Be cautious when jumping in and recovering low, his 5p is a good aa. - Baiting most his long range aa like his EX with jump fd is good, if he jumps at you to airgrab jd changes your momentum/height enough to make his grab wiff and input 5hs which will get CH by jd, which is free for jhs jd (which could easily be 20%-30% right there). -When dodging his command throw do not simply jump but iad away as a good chip will land jump and air grab, even j2hs gets beat by this. I also dont recommend backdashing as the move has long range and is active for 12 frames. The good thing about IAD away is that your opponents mid is still in aggressive mode and will make sloopy ground to ground pokes or air to ground (woot chance at 5hs).

Everything sounds good nameless. I do have 1 suggestion though. Instead of avoiding Chipp while he is doing his command throw may get a CH 5C.S, let this recover, run in and star a fresh loop with another 5S. Gahhh. need More chocolate Chipp in my life.

1. His JD can be answered by 5hs turning into an 80% combo.

2. Any chipp that likes to use jhs in their oki or zoning pressure, block the first IB the second and grab him or 5p2d fbhshd dolphin loop, though 5p has alot of proration it doesnt matter because he takes a shit ton of damage due to his bad def modifer (1.30).

3.When dodging his command throw do not simply jump but iad away as a good chip will land jump and air grab, even j2hs gets beat by this. I also dont recommend backdashing as the move has long range and is active for 12 frames. The good thing about IAD away is that your opponents mid is still in aggressive mode and will make sloopy ground to ground pokes or air to ground (woot chance at 5hs).

1. I don't think 5H's the best answer. I find it too spontaneous. Sometimes I CH the j.D, sometimes we trade, sometimes Chipp's j.D gets a CH, sometimes we clash... I wouldn't risk a match on that. HSVD beats it clean, but oftentimes, a Chipp player isn't gonna let you sit down and charge so easily. A safer solution when you're on the ground is to IB, or even simply block the j.D, and grab during the landing lag.

Even safer, DON'T STAY ON THE GROUND. CH j.D leads to a 35-50% combo on May, which then leads to you getting cornered and getting set up for another potential 20-50% combo, and there are 0 ground moves that May has which can take care of this reliably. Jumping back and j.H has a 50-50 against Chipp's j.D if they're close, but j.H has more reach and active time over Chipp's j.D, and the trade off is much more in May's favor. NamelessCounter talked about this but I just wanted to elaborate further.

2. Be weary of Chipp's 1-hit j.H jump-ins. They're safer, even against IB.

3. If you wanna be a jerk you can airgrab those command grabs :p

The 2 most reliable punishes I found are:

Wake-up 5K>c.S>loop. To get a charge move after this sequence use the standing charge buffer trick (Kyle, you know what I'm talking about! ::looks at user title::" Only works if Chipp is kinda close.

HDFB, dash, c.S>5H>loop.