Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

karl90

Guilty Gear TOOL ASSISTED

Yep. Nope.

I think Tool assists should only be used to attempt theoretical combos at best. Not for play-throughs using godly hitboxes.

TOOL ASSISTED

A kind of way to play a game that allows unusual fits related to the type of game - in this case, near-perfect framing of moves, flashy combos, ridiculous set-ups, trolling the I.A. and so on.

Try to say to the community that a TAS it's not that. You gonna get mauled to death.

It's disappointing to see "Tool Assisted I-No" and get black beat combos, dropped combos, combos that don't end in knockdown, and almost zero use of HCL.

I'd like to see silly burst baits, combs with H-STBT FRC thrown in the middle for no reason, unconventional use of HCL/VCL FRC, j.D FDC shenanigans, clairvoyant airthrows... stuff like that.

This is done on PSP emulator PPSSPP without any slowdown but just savestates and then a remontage of the video frame-for-frames at key points... that's why there are some dropped combos here and there: it's too fast for me to manage (if I slow the game and then I velocize it later during montage the audio becomes very inaudible).

It's the best I can manage without a re-recording feature (on psx-jin instead I can do real tases).

Sure the I-No tas is not that "excellent", but there is room for improvement! Also, it's one of my most watched tas... there is a motivation if it is that watched me think, right?

Also you should notice the custom musics and try to guess which games they come from!

Added a new "character exhibition".

I'll do Slayer, but this time, I'll do it in a way that will allow me to play better (75% speed and then increase it later: it should not sound as bad as a 50% speed played game sped up).

Added Survival Potemkin, up to match 500 with Justice. Crazy shit there with a couple of glitches during the video due to some trouble with the montaging program.

Added Venom and Testament.

PS: If you understand the connection between "The four minions of Golbez" theme during the match of Testament against Millia in Testaments run, I'll do a TAS with the requirements of the winner.

Johnny Bravo is in - there is a slight glitch at a certain point because some frames went missing, sorry because of thatn, Virtual Dub fucked it up.

Our favourite cross-dresser joins the fray (too bad he is a little inexperienced compared to his colleagues and made a couple of mistakes more).

PS: WHY NO COMMENTS.