Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[P4U2] Sho Minazuki (Tsukiyomi) General Discussion

General Gameplay discussion for Sho Minazuki (Tsukiyomi) [aka PerSHOna] here.

Changelist for P4U2 version 1.1

Sho MINAZUKI (Tsukiyomi)
- 5A
Increased recovery
- 5C
Shortened recovery and added untechable time
- 2C
Shortened recovery, now ground bounces on a hit to an aerial opponent
Is jump-cancelable on block
- j. C
Shortened recovery
- Survival Knife
Afterimage of the knife has been altered so the knife is now easier to see
- Spiritsucking (Kyuuma)/Bloodsucking (Kyuuketsu)
Fatal Counter removed
- Wings of Purgatory
Proration weakened

Ahhh finally a thread for the real character unlike that fraudulent persona-less Sho.

I feel like I've just missed out on a once in a lifetime chance. There is no God.

Guess I finally have a place to ask this lol:

Does air turn jC travel farther than regular jC? I notice that Okusan does this sometimes (or maybe he's just used to doing Liz air turn jD :v:).

I wish I could answer your question Elochai but instead of keeping up with Okusan I've been watching a lot of DIE-chan lately. I remember a few weeks back wondering why this side of the forum wasn't active and now I see why, no one took the initiative. If all it takes is someone creating a thread for another part of the character board without any repurcussion and without waiting on a mod to do this I'll take the lead one of these days on my free time.

Plus Sho with a Persona is 10x more entertaining to watch then just swinging swords around, I like this version of him the most.

Just a heads up, if anybody wants to make the video thread they can do that. You don't need a mod or anybody to do it, just need somebody who is willing to keep it updated. If somebody is wanting to do it message me and I can help you get the formatting done quickly.

Air turn j.c seemingly travels slightly farther, and has the persona completely seperate from Sho. It's okay I guess.

DIE-chan is the top p.sho. There's a couple P.Shos that aren't recorded as often that are good too. He's really strong.

Just a heads up, if anybody wants to make the video thread they can do that. You don't need a mod or anybody to do it, just need somebody who is willing to keep it updated. If somebody is wanting to do it message me and I can help you get the formatting done quickly.

I would gladly accept this offer and keep it organized myself but being in the military and such kind of plays with my schedule, doesn't help my unit wants to send me to this month long course next month so that kind of hurts me a little bit if I get accepted or not (hopefully not). If next month ends up being free and such my window is pretty clean to organize this boards if push comes to shove and no volunteers at the time.

Weird, you think this character would be booming but I guess Yukari and Junpei has him beat. :/

http://youtu.be/dntMe0BFnv0
2 and a half hours of Sho(Tsukiyomi) beasting on Yukari, Junpei , Yousuke, and maybe more?(I haven't finished the video but the first 40mn+ are all Sho(Tsukiyomi) all the time))

Edit: Double checked yeah he's there until the 1h30mn mark then dissapears never to be seen again, he leaves when his 26 win streak gets broken.

http://youtu.be/dntMe0BFnv0

2 and a half hours of Sho(Tsukiyomi) beasting on Yukari, Junpei , Yousuke, and maybe more?(I haven't finished the video but the first 40mn+ are all Sho(Tsukiyomi) all the time))

Edit: Double checked yeah he's there until the 1h30mn mark then dissapears never to be seen again, he leaves when his 26 win streak gets broken.

Yo, great find! Thanks, always good to see PSho slapping people.

Honestly, after watching footage of this character, especially that 20+ win streak in the acho video, why would anybody go back to Persona-less Sho? Is there anything he has that PSho doesn't?

Honestly, after watching footage of this character, especially that 20+ win streak in the acho video, why would anybody go back to Persona-less Sho? Is there anything he has that PSho doesn't?

Off the top of my head: A jab that's +1 on block, combos that aren't reliant on persona, mean damage and ridiculous pressure.

Did you watch the Taito Station National? Shiozawa's Sho was absolutely terrifying. 

His dodge mechanic is kinda neat. It lets you do some hilarious mix-ups.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRDs9ZB_Rb4

Off the top of my head: A jab that's +1 on block, combos that aren't reliant on persona, mean damage and ridiculous pressure.

Did you watch the Taito Station National? Shiozawa's Sho was absolutely terrifying. 

Got a link for me? Also those pros sound nice to say the least.

His dodge mechanic is kinda neat. It lets you do some hilarious mix-ups.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRDs9ZB_Rb4

I laughed harder at this than I should have.

- P.Sho's 5A is also plus.

- P.Sho's 5B 2B are jc on block, and persona leads to decent frame traps.

- Both Shos do good damage.

- P.Sho's teleport slash is +4 or +3.

- command grab

- tracking persona normals that can hit long range.

In the end, what makes Sho his own brand of good is his pressure + better mixup and more creative ways to spend meter for said mixup, like tk helm breaker

I can't analyze these fully without his frame data, but other than the change to Survival Knife, which they also gave to regular Sho, and seems more like a visual thing as opposed to an actual nerf, and the loss of Fatal Counters on his Command Grabs, no longer being able to Jump Cancel 2C, and his not jab no longer being plus?  Did they just buff MINAZUKI and regular Sho?

Expected nerf + compensation buffs. This character is supposed to be Persona based Sho, but he just mashed A and B anyways. Depends in how bad the 5A nerf is, but based on this he's probably still pretty good

I couldn't write any combos or did any edits to his Wiki page because I had to leave home, but surely, I will keep adding stuff to his Wiki and combo page. I have much intrest in knowing him and you guys can be sure that I'll do my best.

I added a bunch of translated move descriptions and combos from Japanese Wiki. Feel free to fix my broken English if you spot something...