Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eshi

6D setups and how to escape them

Please let me know if I missed anything okay thnx bai

So at the risk of informing people how to actually fight Amane, I want to inform other Amane players of all of his 6D setups, which match-ups they work in and which match-ups he can be punished for attempting. Some setups have universal escape options and should only be used as a match-up knowledge check. Some are totally inescapable or impossible to punish. I felt it deserved a post on its own so that it can be quickly referenced.

SETUPS (WITH UNIVERSAL OPTIONS)

1) 5D > B Hariken > 6D

Universal Escape: the most basic setup, hold 5D on hit to push them into B hariken's range. Emergency tech while holding up escapes.

2) 2A > 5B [1 hit] > 3C > A Hariken > 6D

Escape: Don't emergency tech, then roll backwards. Can do B Hariken instead as a hard read.

3) 2A > 5B > 3C (max distance) > B Hariken > 6D

Escape: Same as above but roll forwards. Can do A Hariken instead as a hard read.

*note: getting max distance can be really tricky. The easiest combo setup is A zettou > jB > jA [1] > 2A [2] > 5B [2] > 3C, spaces perfectly.

4) (any air juggle starter) > 5B > 5C > 6C [1 hit] > Hariken cancel > 5B [1] > 6D

Escape: Don't emergency tech, then roll backwards.

5) (any air juggle starter) > 5B > 5C > 6C [1 hit] > Crush Trigger [hold as long as possible] > 6D

Escape: If done correctly, there is no universal option. They either emergency tech and have to block or don't and get hit.

6) Midscreen throw > Hariken C > dash forward > 6D

Escape: if done correctly, none. Amane recovers before the opponent can act, so character specific escapes can't punish him!

7) (near corner combo) > Raibu [wall stick] > 6D

Escape: If done too close to the corner, forward roll will escape. Otherwise, nothing.

8) (corner combo) > Gekiren > 5B > 5D > A Hariken > walk back > 6D

Escape: If positioned correctly, nothing. If 5D is held too long then the drill doesn't hit, too brief then forward roll escapes.

9) (corner combo) > Gekiren > 5B > 5D [max hold] > B Hariken > 6D

Escape: Don't emergency tech, then forward roll. 

10) cross-up (or fake) j2B > A Zettou > jB > jC [1] > j6C > j2C > Gosei > Rapid Cancel > land > 6D

Escape: If done correctly, 6D will combo! If done wrong, 6D will miss and they can punish you.

11) 2C > B Hariken > 6D or just 2C > 6D

Escape: On standing hit, the opponent twirls around until they hit the floor and can emergency tech. If they don't tech then they get hit. If they do tech, they have to block it.

BONUS) blocked 5B [3] or blocked 2C > 6D

It's very easy to push the opponent into just the right range for 6D to connect, especially on barrier block, with these strings. It's escapable by holding up but it's a decent test of your opponent's reactions when there's a dozen other options they're also trying to avoid.

MATCH-UP SPECIFIC ESCAPES

(unless noted otherwise, all escapes will punish Amane's setups except 5 and 9)

Amane

632146C escapes all setups.

Arakune

Backdash will escape all midscreen setups, including throw if Amane dashes in with normal timing. 

Azrael

Growler Field will absorb raw 6D and kill hariken drills, leaving him fully invincible and unpunishable. He can also backdash out of midscreen setups. It's up to your discretion if getting level 3 is worth feeding him fireballs - zoning alone works incredibly well against him, but his fireball isn't quite effective enough at pinning Amane down to offset the reward of level 3 drills. 

Bang - NO YOU CANNOT

6D has frame one super armor, so he can teleport behind you and kill you. Daifunka will also escape everything. DO NOT FUCK WITH BANG.

Bullet - GO CRAZY

Backdash will escape if the drill is in front of her (EG: setup 2). Otherwise she has no options and her DP is ass so level 3 pressure is extremely effective.

Carl 

Vivace will escape both Hariken drills and 6D, but may leave him unsafe. Do your best to punish on reaction.

Hakumen 

2D counters all drill setups and can feed him a lot of stars, but can't actually punish and level 3 drill is extremely valuable in this match-up. It's usually worth it in my opinion.

Hazama

No meterless options. Can Jayoku Houtenjin out of close A Hariken/6D setups.

Iron Tager

Sledge Hammer escapes all drill setups.

Izayoi

Reversal super hits Amane out of all setups. Teleport does not work.

Jin

90% of the time, he is free to drill. However if he has 50 meter and you try to hit with Hariken drill, super counter catches on the first frame and activates WAY more quickly than normal - you can not escape it. Not many players know about this but be aware that it's there.

Kagura 

His DP gets him out if he's in front of the Hariken drill or 6D (eg: setups 2 and 4).

Kokonoe

Teleport and her crazy good back dash get her out of all midscreen setups.

Litchi

DP will get her out if she's too close to Amane (setups 1 and 7). All Terminals (reversal super) hits Amane out of setups closer than max distance B Hariken.

Makoto

Parry is useless against 6D since its active frames are not invincible.

Noel 

4D has projectile invincibility. It will hit and destroy Hariken drills or completely avoid 6D. The only exception is ones where 4D doesn't get her out of your 6D's range (setup 5, corner 6D) so stick to those.

Platinum - GO CRAZY

Super doesn't work at all. Counter (or double counter) get her out of some setups where she moves back far enough for 6D to miss (most important setup 4), but that just means she doesn't have to block it. You'll still get level 3 drill. 

Rachel - NO YOU CANNOT 

Can back or forward wind on emergency tech out of all setups, even corner setups, and punish you. In corner setups, you can hard read forward wind with A Hariken.

Ragna

Inferno Divider gets him out but he's left in recovery so you can punish if you're fast enough. Carnage Scissors escapes all setups.

Relius - GO CRAZY

He has no options.

Taokaka - GO CRAZY

Imma Beat The Crap Out Of You beats 6D setups, but Amane has enough time to crouch & avoid it with the Hariken setups.

Tsubaki

C dragon punch does not have enough invulnerability, but D version gets her out of all setups. Refrain if she has two charges since she can punish you with D Lux Aeterna. 

Valkenhyn - GO CRAZY

Backdash will escape if the drill is in front of him (EG: setup 2). If you're REALLY close then the first hit of wolf super connects, otherwise you will recover and block it. 

Yuuki Terumi

41236C (Messenga) super has frame 1 projectile invincibility and punishes all setups.

v-13 - GO CRAZY

Backdash will escape if the drill is in front of her (EG: setup 2). She can hit with sword super if you're very close.

u-12 - GO CRAZY

DP doesn't really help her here. Like Nu, she has a decent backdash.

Rachel will be able to wind tech out of most, if not all of these including corner setups, wouldn't she? Using 4 and 6d to emulate backward and forward rolls respectively, and giving her the invul of a neutral tech. Certain closer setups like 3c can still catch her if she wind techs into a and b harikens.

Rachel will be able to wind tech out of most, if not all of these including corner setups, wouldn't she? Using 4 and 6d to emulate backward and forward rolls respectively, and giving her the invul of a neutral tech. Certain closer setups like 3c can still catch her if she wind techs into a and b harikens.

Correct. I worked on this post for ~2 hours and need to start supper so I just posted it, I'll eventually have all the character specific options up.

Ah, I though you would have wanted help with some of them, but it appears that you already had all the answers for everyone and just busy. Alright then

This is a pretty cool mini vortex with 236D~B>6D strategy. Hope you guys find it useful. 

2a/5a>5b(3)>5D(Max hold)>236D~B>6D 

Escape options: Stagger recovery into immediate dash forward (Run characters only), jump 9 or 7 (Jumping in the 8 direction will cause drill to hit)

2a/5a>5b(3)>5D(Max hold)>236D~ delay D>3c(Reset)

In order to avoid 236D~B setup you must jump immediately after recovering from stagger, 3c will catch the jump out. 

3c(Reset)>5c>5D(Max hold)>236D~A/B/C/D 

~Shiro

One thing I would like to note for all Amane players:

An easy way to test to see if an opponent knows how to get out of any 6D set up that uses Hariken Stance is to simply go for the set up as normal but purposefully enter Hariken Stance and do nothing. If the opponent rolls out or attempts to jump out, it means they are probably aware of the set up and that you should look for a different 6D set up. If the opponent emergency techs and immediately blocks, chances are they don't know how to escape and that set up is good until proven otherwise. 

I was skeptical about throw setup being guaranteed since no Amane uses it. They did very early on, but stopped. Do you delay the C drill after throw? Been trying to delay to various degrees, and I can manage to get hit by blue beat drill and then roll backward afterwards. I'm skeptical this could just be me mistiming Amane dash and 6D, but hariken vacuums the character away from Amane, letting them use back roll invuln to avoid 6D

Am I just wrong here? I want to be

I was skeptical about throw setup being guaranteed since no Amane uses it. They did very early on, but stopped. Do you delay the C drill after throw? Been trying to delay to various degrees, and I can manage to get hit by blue beat drill and then roll backward afterwards. I'm skeptical this could just be me mistiming Amane dash and 6D, but hariken vacuums the character away from Amane, letting them use back roll invuln to avoid 6D

Am I just wrong here? I want to be

I have seen people get out of the throw set up by doing this exact thing. Not sure if it's mistimed or not though because I rarely see this happen. 

I set the training dummy to not E.tech and roll, they can't escape. run > 6D is a very tight link but it absolutely can combo. 

Um okay so if anyone wants to help me finish the character specific answers part of this THAT'D BE GREAT ._. I ran out of patience and my PS3 died and I don't have a clue how characters like Terumi/Izayoi work.

I'll bother my friend to see if he remembers any meter/meterless options Terumi has.

I don't think Izayoi can get out without Meter, but I'll check when I get home.

Here is another guaranteed level 3 set up that uses 50 meter via Rapid Cancel. The only problem I see with this set up is that it is spacing dependent, but with enough practice, it might not be so bad. Looks like the 6B Fatal Counter version can be done anywhere midscreen and the 3C Counter Hit version needs to be done just outside of the corner (about 1/4th screen away).

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23504757