Kurushii

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Nice avatar.

It's here. 1:16:15-1:41:15. Granted he probably just started playing her that day. But a lot of what he was doing was interesting. And not what the other Ram's were doing

Maybe it's just me, but I honestly see her Tension gain limitations as a means of preventing her from reaching Kokonuts-levels. If you think about it, if she gained Tension like everyone else, she'd probably be nigh unapproachable and always have Tension to burn for RCs due to her combination attacks. Added, all her Overdrives are amazing with little risk (barring certain situations) and her pressure is very good when working in conjunction with her placed swords. I dunno, maybe I'm not seeing the bigger picture as I am hardly someone who can be classified as a "good" player, but I think I am fine with characters having an inherent flaw or weakness...unless said flaws/weaknesses make them utterly unplayable/not viable against the majority of the cast like P4U2 Lizzie. Then I have a problem with it.

Plus I figure, it's barely been 2 weeks since her integration. I am not expecting anything major until a month has passed anyway. 

Yea maybe so. But I was mostly mentioning how her poor meter gain affects her defense. If this were say Blazblue it would be different. Since the barrier gauge is a resource of its own which refills overtime. But in GG you have to use your meter to barrier guard. And in Xrd faultless defense sucks your tension immensely compared to some of the other iterations. This still wouldn't be a huge problem if she had a meterless dp. But she doesn't have one,

I'm not saying you're wrong though. A character that lacks a reliable (or readily available) reversal is by no means an easy ride to use. But them's the brakes I suppose. What we have here is a character whose offense can be phenomenal...at the cost of defensive options being very limited. Sounds like a typical glass-cannon to me. It's a type of character you either love or hate. Not much else you can do about it.

Having said that though, since Ramlethal is fairly new the ensuing months will likely demonstrate just where she stands. If she turns out to be garbage (which I honestly doubt considering this is GG) ASW can always patch it to make her work better.

So do we have any idea what any of her bnb’s are?

Corner combos look pretty free form and have multiple variations. Which lead into oki. People look like their unsure what to do with her midscreen bnbs though

Can the activation of her swords be chained into?

Can you do PPP, 6HS?

Ive seen them do 5KP > 6S/HS or 5PP > 6S/HS but not 5PPP > 6S/HS. You probably cant cancel the 3rd hit of her chain combos into summons. 

5PPP seems to be primarily used in corner combos since the 3rd hit will have the opponent stuck to the wall/corner for a moment, allowing you enough time to go into another combination attack. Otherwise, the combination is used as an ender to push the opponent further to the corner. Come to think of it, 5KKK does the same thing I think. Wonder why more Ramlethal players don't use it?

Funny enough the guy who I linked in the video thread yesterday (11 dan Ram) is actually the ranked 1 Bedman (12 dan). And ranked 2 Ram. Can't really read his name. It has Bedman in the first part and Last in the parentheses though

Funny enough the guy who I linked in the video thread yesterday (11 dan Ram) is actually the ranked 1 Bedman (12 dan). And ranked 2 Ram. Can't really read his name. It has Bedman in the first part and Last in the parentheses though

That's probably LOX

That is LOX.

Thanks for clearing that up. Don't know any Bedman players outside of Tsubu

they like to change their names at least weekly on arcade. i have trouble keeping up with whos who honestly myself :lol:

One guy summed it up pretty well on the jp bbs. "The reason I like this character is because while neutral is a struggle in most match ups, once I get them cornered she immediately transforms into broken tier"

Wow... that's Dizzy allright lol, i really don't mind struggling at Neutral, but i want that corner situation which dictate... "U block u die, u reversal u still die tee he <3" ... guess i'm a sadist lol

Wow... that's Dizzy allright lol, i really don't mind struggling at Neutral, but i want that corner situation which dictate... "U block u die, u reversal u still die tee he <3" ... guess i'm a sadist lol

This is good. I'm used to surviving corner pressure, (Guile) it'll be fun to dish it out for a change.

Hello guys! I'm a Guilty Gear X player and new to this forum. I like using/maining boss characters (I used Dizzy back then). This particular boss character however had something I'm been looking for for quite a long time. Two Oversized Katanas! (Yay! finally! :D)

That said, I wanted to share this video featuring this boss character and how awesome the player handles Ramlethal, (if you have no trouble of accessing though). Also, I wanted to ask player's rank and his IGN (if someone happens to knew the guy). Thanks in advance.

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/525669526 scroll at 5:10:33 and 7:02:26

PS: Please excuse my English. I'm not proficient with it and may be needing a lot of help.

As I continue to watch Ramlethal's VODS, I can say honestly say that she has good hi-low mix ups. One of those 3-hit P and/or K auto-combo seems to have two enders that can either be a sweep or an overhead. Does her sweep and overhead auto-combo ender (not the slide) safe on block? I don't know which specific moveset is that or what it is called.

It may seem to much to ask, can someone post information about her normals and P/K auto-combos?

By the way, is this possible without counter hit? http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/528699490 scroll at 3:41:15

Thanks in Advance :D

I think it's hitting Faust in the OTG state, so it should be possible without counterhit, as I don't think multi hit moves carry a CH effect in this game. Interesting that the super goes into the full effect from OTG though.

Has anyone been able to hunt down any more Ram-chan video's? It seems like some video's with good Ramlethal footage are getting a little hard to find.

Anyway, I was looking at some tier lists, and it looks like more often then not, Ram is usually placed mid tier.

Basically, she's strong enough to make match ups against Potemkin and Venom pretty tough, but against top tier characters like Zato or Millia, things get a little crazy. 

Looking at some match up videos though, it looks like characters like Sol and Potemkin are better match ups for her because of the fact she's fairly free to control the match in neutral, and their forced to respect her sword oki, but match ups like Zato and Axl can get a little tough since they effectively outzone her, and match ups like Millia and Chipp cause her a lot of pain because of their ability to move around the screen at high speeds is enough to get in on Ramlethal without giving any craps about her swords. (The Millia match up in general is really tough because of her pin.)

So basically, in terms of tier placement and match ups, Ram is a pretty mixed bag. 

Basically, she's strong enough to make match ups against Potemkin and Venom pretty tough, but against top tier characters like Zato or Millia, things get a little crazy. 

Looking at some match up videos though, it looks like characters like Sol and Potemkin are better match ups for her because of the fact she's fairly free to control the match in neutral, and their forced to respect her sword oki, but match ups like Zato and Axl can get a little tough since they effectively outzone her, and match ups like Millia and Chipp cause her a lot of pain because of their ability to move around the screen at high speeds is enough to get in on Ramlethal without giving any craps about her swords. (The Millia match up in general is really tough because of her pin.)

So basically, in terms of tier placement and match ups, Ram is a pretty mixed bag. 

In my opinion, Ramlethal can do well against anyone with no good escape method (Teleport move for that matter) or a decent anti-air. I do agree she had a serious advantage over Potemkin, as shown by this matchup: http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/b/528699490 (scroll at 4:47:33), looks to me that FAB was having a tough time setting up his metagame against this type of Ram player. Against Sol and Ky, it's pretty much a fair matchup. Chipp on the other hand, had a serious advantage over Ram, since all her matchup that I've seen against a decent Chipp were a loss for her.

Someone asks for a good VOD? Well, how about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aldhcyKftqY thanks a lot Goldenrody :)

Edit: and here are another sets, I think I should post this on our Ram-chan video thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzPkCimP34s scroll at 7:15

Looks like Karinchou will take the crown being the best and the most consistent Ramlethal player of our time. Daiji is another good Ram user, probably on par with Karinchou, but I don't consider him a full-time Ramlethal player yet. Chances are Daiji will be using Millia again. I like his Millia and I can honestly say that his Millia is awesome in every way.

Credits for Jonio san by the way.

Does she have a color that makes look like a white girl? lol Jokes aside she seems pretty cool

Possible as a downloadable content. Will see what DLC's they have on store for us, (Assuming there will be DLC's though)