Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP1.1] Tsubaki Video Thread (Updated 9/28/14)

so when something like this comes up I recommend going into training mode and testing. 

Okay I figured it out. They would have been able to air tech before hitting the ground if 3CC had been used.

he probably could've killed just by using his charge on 421d236d. doubt mugen is worth using off that starter.

So what I'm saying is just that with a shitty starter like that you only get more damage from mugen in pretty specific scenarios and you have to be aware of all of those factors when you do it. Including that you'll be able to kill with mugen and not without it.

5b>6c, 5c>6c are clear and obvious cases where you can get a lot out of mugen.

And even if you do get more damage it's by like a couple hundred, usually.  But if you don't have all of it down pat, you'll even lose damage by doing mugen.

Mugen after four normals is so rarely a good idea...

Can someone remind me why Kuresu jumps> j.A>IAD's after his opponents wakeup in the corner? I'd love to incorporate it in my play, but not sure what he gets from it.

I imagine it's just to time whatever he does after the j.A. Either j.C, IAD>stuff, or empty jump low or something

I imagine it's just to time whatever he does after the j.A. Either j.C, IAD>stuff, or empty jump low or something

yeah sounds like Robo Ky oki timing. I would imagine j.A into IAD high, empty jump low or empty jump grab

yeah true. I see Ragna players do it a lot specifically. I just mention Robo because missile oki makes it viable anywhere (first learned it in the DL guide).

I'm sure it makes command grab an option too for Tusbaki. I haven't used it because roll techs out of the corner drive me nuts. Does it beat that on a hard knockdown? 

yeah true. I see Ragna players do it a lot specifically. I just mention Robo because missile oki makes it viable anywhere (first learned it in the DL guide).

I'm sure it makes command grab an option too for Tusbaki. I haven't used it because roll techs out of the corner drive me nuts. Does it beat that on a hard knockdown?

as a ragna main, I know that jump back C or B catches rolls. tsubaki's air normals unfortunately are not this good, but what she can do is empty jump 2A since its a pretty good speed normal. 2B is 12 frame startup though, so I doubt you could catch as much with it.

Hard knockdown idk, sorry

Can someone remind me why Kuresu jumps> j.A>IAD's after his opponents wakeup in the corner? I'd love to incorporate it in my play, but not sure what he gets from it.

22B ender > charge cancel > jump C can be a safe jump setup. He's probably conditioned his opponents to neutral tech so he's varying it between IAD j.B/j.C, 2B, Throw and command grab mixup.

It's not a very effective setup because it only really works if the opponents delays their wakeup. 22B doesn't have enough untechable time for you to catch rolls in time with j.C. They'll roll past you.

Regarding incorporating it into your play, it would be better if you messed around with it in training mode since you'll get a better understanding of it.

I liked the combo route Zan used for his j.236A oki in the corner. It looks like an easier confirm, from what I could tell.