Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celerity

[CPEX] Izayoi Netplay/Player Critique Thread

BBCP_Header_Critique_Thread.png

Welcome to the Izayoi Netplay/Player Critique Thread! Please be respectful and follow the rules during your time here, or be prepared to meet swift justice. If you're not familiar with the rules, they can be found here -> Site Rules.

What This Thread is For:
  • Add your name and location to the Izayoi PSN directory. Use it to find other players to practice with!
  • Register as a coach to allow aspiring Izayoi players to contact you for sets and advice! To do this, just say "I want to coach" while adding your name to the PSN directory!
  • Post videos of your gameplay and ask others to critique you. If you're posting a long video, please use timestamps to point out a few important moments. Don't be afraid of criticism, everybody is here to help you!
  • Discuss your netplay experiences with other Izayoi players, asking them what you could have done differently. Maybe other players can read your conversation and pick up some tips for their own gameplay!

What This Thread is NOT For:
  • General gameplay questions/tips without a video or specific experience with another member. These should be directed to the Gameplay Discussion thread.
  • Non-Izayoi matchmaking and netplay discussion, simple GG's, or any post without strategic value relating to Izayoi. These should be directed to the BBCP Match Finder/GG thread.
  • Making people feel bad. Please be constructive and kind with your criticism, and let's level up our Izayoi community together!

PSN Directory:
[table]
Dustloop Name
PSN ID
State/Country

crimsonstardust
crimsonstardust
Oregon, US
lxMetalSonicxl
HanshaX
California, US
GamingPlayer64
GamingForLife13
California, US
strawberry
Yukikoberry
California, US
M19Kamikaze
M19Kamikaze/MaruchanNoodles
Arizona, US
FerrellJ
FerrellJ
Arizona, US
True_Tech
True_Tech
Colorado, US
ReallyTense
ReallyTense
Colorado, US
Velvien
Velvien
New Mexico, US
SoldnerKei
Soldner_Kei
Sonora, Mexico
abadlime
badIime
Illinois, US
Frost Monarch
xAzureFlameGod
Illinois, US
Celerity
ItsCelerity
Indiana, US
Azulong
Azulong
Michigan, US
kazukifafner
kazukifafner
Ohio, US
Wild Candy
BrokenStar96
Ohio, US
Midnight-Zephyr
UnheardPhantasm
Ohio, US
Adsfzxczxc
adsfzxczxc
Ontario, Canada
Dark Ranger88
Dark_RangerEX
Tennessee, US
littlefang17
luv_YUKI
Tennessee, US
TheMajestikOne
II_MAjESTiiK_II
New Jersey, US
Justice7541
GuanglaiKangyi
New York, US
Tsubaki 5B
Reaper180
New York, US
Tenryuga
Tenryuga
New York, US
CeruleanEdge125
CeruleanEdge125
North Carolina, US
DubiousCurvLoop
DBCLoop
Virginia, US
Ciddypoo
ciddypooky
Virginia, US
AmericanKris
AmericanKris
Georgia, US
PrimeKnight
playafrancois99
Florida, US
- Stasis -
Slaying-Moon
Florida, US
HagakureStyle
MystixMagix
Florida, US
2link121
Two-Ell121
Florida, US
Kiba
BlackJaguarXD
London, UK
JySs
JeSsNiGri
France
mkayyy
mkayyy-
Bavaria, Germany
Owner
Owner_of_Epic_
Austria
[/table]

I'm sure I forgot to post my information in the old thread, so I'd better do it now!

Seventh-Prodigy

PSN: Omtaga

Florida, US

I haven't played BBCP in a long while, but I think I'll be more active after the console patch.

hi

my id is sinho113 , im from rio de janeiro, brazil

you can find some matchs of mine and other cariocas players (who lives in rio de janeiro) here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCeGttLjnFHZK5tBNNgQo2A

tha matches are a little old, but we want to do more mini-tornaments, so, stay tuned if you want to see more

thanks for your time and sorry for my bad english

Here is a video of a recent set i Had against Tager!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoteFH_Pzag

Alright well I can see you read some of my pointers for the match up. d: Anyway let's talk about what's going on here, it was good you where keeping Tager on his toes by laming him out but you also where to afraid to go in and often did not finish your combos cause of that. The flip side to laming him out is you let him spark ball you to much and you let him walk you to the corner, which is something you don't want him to do. You had a lot of stars to use a fair number of times, I don't suggest using D swords as a zoning tool in this match cause spark ball rips through sonic saber. Unless your going for a mode change combo, I don't suggest using D swords for corner combos cause you using more meter then you need to to get about the same ammount of damage for 2 stars. Aside from a few stuff like working on execution and picking better times to burst, you handled the match alright, though I don't think your opponent was aware of the things he can do against Izayoi in this match. Honestly don't be afraid to rush down Tager, he's more threatening if he has a spark ball ready, cause that prevents you from mode changing if he sees you trying to do it and punish you for it.

Alright well I can see you read some of my pointers for the match up. d: Anyway let's talk about what's going on here, it was good you where keeping Tager on his toes by laming him out but you also where to afraid to go in and often did not finish your combos cause of that. The flip side to laming him out is you let him spark ball you to much and you let him walk you to the corner, which is something you don't want him to do. You had a lot of stars to use a fair number of times, I don't suggest using D swords as a zoning tool in this match cause spark ball rips through sonic saber. Unless your going for a mode change combo, I don't suggest using D swords for corner combos cause you using more meter then you need to to get about the same am out of damage for 2 stars. Aside from a few stuff like working on execution and picking better times to burst, you handled the match alright, though I don't think your opponent was aware of the things he can do against Izayoi in this match. Honestly don't be afraid to rush down Tager, he's more threatening if he has a spark ball ready, cause that prevents you from mode changing if he sees you trying to do it and punish you for it.

Ahhh ok Thank You

Right now, i wanna work on Bnbs, some proper setups, and stuff like that!

Here's one thing you can do about the Spark Bolt if you're feeling gutsy. When you see that Tager has the Spark Bolt charged up, you can shoot a Sonic Saber at him and then cancel into the D teleport to get behind him. Some Tager players will see you use your puny inferior projectile and shoot the Spark Bolt, which has 48 frames of recovery, so you can counter him with 5C or something. At least after you do this once, they might think twice about shooting you with the Spark Bolt even when you're not ready, in case you might be trying to trick them.

Also, looking at some BBCP 1.1 footage, it looks like her Gain Art airdash is way better now. You can literally fly across screen with one dash. After she gets her second jump/airdash, it looks like we'll be able to do stuff like super jump -> double jump, then fly along the top of the screen where almost nothing can hit you, so it seems like it's going to be much harder to walk Izayoi into the corner next month, since she'll be able to jump really high and far like Hazama/Valkenhayn/Rachel.

PSN thenumber1bro I'm from Long Island NY

I love plating Izayoi but I have some problems with the more common characters online.

PSN Arent_We_Clever

Decided I'm gonna pick up 1.1 Izayoi. Here's to good ish. I have no idea what I'm doing btw...

Vs Mu12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulqBvZyRM3U

Vs Platinum 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_yA0zs_SqM

A couple of matches I played today, I know I bursted at a few bad times in the vids and some of the combos aren't optimized but I can use feedback on the other stuff. These are both match ups that I'm still struggling with (and I figure its about time I take advantage of this thread myself). I apologize for the quality, I don't have anything nice at the moment. 

PSN Simatron3000 Leeds, UK. Play mostly izayoi at the moment. always keen for a game, especially on 3 bar+ connection

A couple of things I noticed in this match:

-This Plat spent a lot of time in the air, I personally would've 623b'd a lot more in the match to try and punish. Looks like you took advantage of it at first, but stopped for some reason afterward.

-You seem to up-back a lot when you're being pressured. Good occasionally, bad if you're doing it constantly -- you tend to eat a lot of hits that way. Take advantage of Counter Assault or Phorizer, which are both much safer alternatives when you have meter (most of the occasions you did).

-Minor mention here from my experience -- If you notice people are jumping a lot after you 214D to get away, you can throw a 623C immediately after and you'll usually land it. 

Otherwise, the GA 3C you did at around 1:56 was pretty damn sweet. I think I'll pick up that bit of tech.

A couple of things I noticed in this match:

-This Plat spent a lot of time in the air, I personally would've 623b'd a lot more in the match to try and punish. Looks like you took advantage of it at first, but stopped for some reason afterward.

-You seem to up-back a lot when you're being pressured. Good occasionally, bad if you're doing it constantly -- you tend to eat a lot of hits that way. Take advantage of Counter Assault or Phorizer, which are both much safer alternatives when you have meter (most of the occasions you did).

-Minor mention here from my experience -- If you notice people are jumping a lot after you 214D to get away, you can throw a 623C immediately after and you'll usually land it. 

Otherwise, the GA 3C you did at around 1:56 was pretty damn sweet. I think I'll pick up that bit of tech.

Alright thanks for the feedback, I need to work on my 623B/C game for sure, I keep forgetting that counter assault is an option, I tried not to Phorizer cause some of my earlier matches I couldn't get it out when I wanted it too. >> Probably an execution error on my part but I'll be working on that too.

@Crimsonstardust: I can't comment much on the Mu-12 match-up because I'm not good at it and Someonewhodied is really good with Mu, but in the Platinum match-up, another thing I think might help is just to practice your confirms. It seemed like you were getting a lot of hits in, but just not converting them into damage. For example, at the end of round 2, you successfully DP with Justice Phorizer, but don't follow up on it (you need to delay 214D slightly when you get a counter-hit). You managed to take that round anyway, but that one failed confirm potentially cost you 2k+ damage. Someonewhodied seemed to be converting hits into combos more often, and I think that was a big factor in that match. Most of your missed confirms happened because Platinum jumped I think, so maybe practice some stuff that works on airborne opponents. I also think you could have considered safe-jumping the Cure Dot Typhoon as well since Platinum had the meter for it, but I don't think you need to safe jump Platinum otherwise unless she has the Magical Bat. Also, almost half of the combos you got hit by were from counter-hits with the Magical Cat Hammer, so probably just be more cautious when it's equipped.

I can usually convert of off Phorizer, this was just one of those cases where I missed timed it cause I wasn't sure when to do it cause of different lag timings and such. ): I'll hit the lab up and try to figure out a conversion that works with me when people are jumping, probably would be a good thing to figure out cause jumping happens a lot in this game. 

MugenTux coming out of Tampa, FL.

Still super-new to Izayoi, especially since I've logged a total of like...10 hours, but I'd like to think I'm getting the hang of how to run her pretty well..? Anyways, as soon as I get some GOODNESS under my belt I'll get some videos up.

TheTexanRebel on PSN. Live in the DFW, Texas area. 

Started playing fighting games with BBCT and feels like I'm only just now getting a basic understanding of fighting games, but haven't really been putting much time into it. I'm really having fun with Izayoi despite losing most of the time and my fundamentals have gotten much better since starting to main her.

I'll put up some more videos once they're not all like this (http://youtu.be/OuDWLa_ZKfQ) and I get a capture card. I actually figured out that Valk's dropkick is an overhead and not a low after he hit me midscreen for once instead of constant corner rape and I saw the red "!".

If anyone can tell anything from that match other than "get better at everything" it'd be nice, but I wasn't able to do much. (The previous matches were much worse)

PS: Sorry for the crappy recording

Ok the biggest thing I'm seeing is your being way to stationary, you had a few moments for example where you had some breathing room to get out of the corner but choose to stay put. This game in general encourages you to be keep moving and that's essential to this match up as well cause Valk has some really good pressure and you don't want to be in those spots. Around 1:23 when you air dashed back you at least had one more jump or air dash so you could of been in a better spot to avoid having to take the pressure. You really have to take advantage of Izayoi's mobility in GA I would say that it's pretty crucial to be able to move around with her considering how she doesn't move like other characters, and this ends up being being one of her strengths as a character if you can get over that hurtle.

Also don't be afraid to zone with sonic saber some more, I could be wrong about this but it looked like you where playing a little scared, like you let him come at you to much and didn't press your advantages a lot of times.

Have you had a chance to watch any match videos? I think getting a general idea of how other people are playing the character might help. You don't seem to have much of a game plan in neutral.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8487-cp11-izayoi-video-thread-trans-amu-updated-040514/

Also, don't be afraid to 6A out of pressure. It's pretty good if you're expecting a mid or high.