Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaworu

Constructive Video Criticism

I'm not sure if that's something to be proud or ashamed of :v:

Doesn't mean anything, even when I hit the mark. As most Live people remember Gearmaster1 would cut out on the brink of losing which is how he had the mark he did. I beat him once, and then he cut out in the next match. He was cursing the whole way.

Just got around to looking at some of your vids Zoogstin, not bad at all. You've got you defense down pretty well, but I saw a lot of chances where you could have punished. Seems you've played Titanium Beast alot and he's made you fear his HOS a bit; try to see the holes in his pressure and GET OFFENSIVE. This throws even some of the most seasoned players off if you do it right. A prime example was when he was holding you in the corner in the first match, he had a gap and you simply blocked. Get in there and use Zappa's invulnerable frames, Teach him to fear you. Try to get unpredictable throws too; the one airthrow he broke wasn't a bad idea, but he knew it was coming. If you see a hole in his pressure, a throw can mess him up. But like I said, not too shabby. Get offensive, but don't lose your defense. I'll watch more stuff later, and try to record something (need to get a hold of some local players to get some casuals in, wonder when Dan's getting back :3)

I liked the use of TK Ghost(k) after a short gatling, that's nifty; it looked like you followed up on most juggle opprotunities, as well. As far as criticism: there were more than a few places where you could've 2D'd w/ the dog(though you may prefer not to *shrug*). Sprinkle on a little sword-frc-timing w/ a pinch more throws(I throw too much, so you might wanna ignore that) and you're good to go.

Buuuuut, then again, it is against the computer, so who knows;)

Love your play style. Likes the aggressiveness. Yeah there were some nice 2D opportunities you had. But I liked the 8D setups that you took. I use to do those a lot but now I've gotten all tech throw happy so I could setup some 2D wake up traps so I don't do them as much as I use to. Good stuff. We'll see how you fair against humans soon enough. So who here is planning on going to FRXI??

there were more than a few places where you could've 2D'd w/ the dog(though you may prefer not to *shrug*).

The reason that I opt for a 8D instead is speed. I usually throw a bite out if I know they are going to be right where I want them for a while. If they have any chance to escape I'd rather go for something faster.

Sprinkle on a little sword-frc-timing

Yea, still working on that. Sometimes I miss it because I'm in the heat of the moment.

w/ a pinch more throws(I throw too much, so you might wanna ignore that)

No, you're right. I was working on air throws back in my last moments of #R at the top of my game. Still working to get there.

The reason that I opt for a 8D instead is speed. I usually throw a bite out if I know they are going to be right where I want them for a while. If they have any chance to escape I'd rather go for something faster.

I see your point. It's easy to get caught-up in trying the 2D-trap when a simple 8D->damage is available.

Zappa's the shit.

4gotten: Eddie is a bitch, plain and simple. Obviously if you get the sword for nearly the whole match (like that first round) then it's going to be harder for you. My suggestion there is to emphasize on the poking. Use the jS (which has some sick range) and use the sword rush when you have some tension to spare to get in there. Obviously, the ghosts are the best bet, try to throw a straight ghost in the air just high enough so you miss the drills and then hits Eddie in the face. Use the dog to eat attacks here, don't think you will ever connect with an actual dog attack.

Hey folks, I decided to upload some of my own. Unfortunately, it's against the CPU. I'll have some people over here eventually.

http://youtube.com/user/Phrekwenci

I'm not going to post the direct links until I upload all of them (7 total so far).

for me, the CPU always seem to fall for the most obvious tricks, even on maniac difficulty. example, they fall for the H follow-up on sword 236S after blocking the first trick.

i need to play against more people, but everyone down where i live either dont know what GG is or are scrubs.

Phrek is right about Eddie for the most part. By the way nice blocking 4gotten. Your defense is solid. Just make sure you FD constantly when jumping. That cost you a few times. Also I got to comment to you, Phrek, that I can see how much you dislike using Roah when your opponent is playing defensive. Hopefully that'll change once you start playing more people.

Also I got to comment to you, Phrek, that I can see how much you dislike using Roah when your opponent is playing defensive. Hopefully that'll change once you start playing more people.

I've played many people and the results are always the same. With the new dance, I can give the opponent a quick WTF factor to let their guard down and go back in to rush that shit down.

I'm uploading more from this morning. Totally raped I-No for whatever reason. It's hard playing Zappa defensively and trying to work the dog offensively.

Holy Order Sol

Ky

Sol

Testament

Potemkin

Dizzy

Robo-Ky

Baiken

Bridget

Johnny

I-No

Eddie

Anji

Millia

Venom

A.B.A.

May

More coming, just waiting for youtube.

they fall for the H follow-up on sword 236S after blocking the first trick.

You can get humans to fall for it, too; especially when you start to do 2S, 2HS, etc. instead of the habitual HS follow-up.:cool:

You can get humans to fall for it, too; especially when you start to do 2S, 2HS, etc. instead of the habitual HS follow-up.:cool:

ya. that's always a rather good mix-up; standard for sword ZA of course.

this is me vs a Ky and a ED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gu9zyqIU6Y

I played pretty shitty that time though, havent used zappa for almost 2 months coz i was having fun with slayer

and the eddie user has played against me ever since i started playing so he basically played against my playstyle because he knows it all too well =(

got owned by turtling eddie = =

and i messed up the summon after an airthrow near the end which probably could have helped me win

this is me vs a Ky and a ED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gu9zyqIU6Y

I played pretty shitty that time though, havent used zappa for almost 2 months coz i was having fun with slayer

and the eddie user has played against me ever since i started playing so he basically played against my playstyle because he knows it all too well =(

got owned by turtling eddie = =

and i messed up the summon after an airthrow near the end which probably could have helped me win

well done in that vid

i generally don't like watching handcams of fights because there's so much background noise, but this was fun to watch.

interesting how you use 26K version of ghost throw a lot...i like to use P as bait for S or HS; maybe that would have worked against those opponents?

also during Eddie fights, invite hell always seems to own my Zappa, so I tend to use the sword-spin to advance on him...still, you play better than I do so I don't think those suggestions are very informed, so I'll just say good job again. :)

also during Eddie fights, invite hell always seems to own my Zappa, so I tend to use the sword-spin to advance on him...

I'd advise against that because of the recovery.

RCing the last hit of the sword spin makes it safe. Works as a pretty decent mix up too if used right. On Eddie, I like to do P ghost toss, FRC then either throw a S/HS (depends on distance) then rush, or rushdown immediately. The pressure from the P will force him to defend or get hit (Eddie has no move that will get rid of it besides Drunkard shade, but I'm not even sure if it works on the P toss, and if it does, he'll still get hit by the S/HS toss from recovery) and will open him up for pressure. The dog can be useful here too, if placed right, just be careful of little Eddie. The sword can be good to help interrupt pressure in some instances, since it's rather fast and can gatling pretty easily to help get rid of little Eddie.

yea... i prefer playing safe and careful because zappa will never do as much damage as anything that others (espcially eddie) can do to you if you mess up and get hit. but yes, sometimes i play too safe =( uhh i said i havent played zappa for 2 months, incase you got that mistaken lol Thanks for the comments

RCing the last hit of the sword spin makes it safe. Works as a pretty decent mix up too if used right.

I'd rather save the tension and jump in with jS. That way, on block you can JC backward or on hit combo into jHS 236HS or jD.

I'd rather save the tension and jump in with jS. That way, on block you can JC backward or on hit combo into jHS 236HS or jD.

wouldnt that just get yourself owned by anti airs?

wouldnt that just get yourself owned by anti airs?

Do you have a better suggestion when jumping in (not being sarcastic)? The good thing about the jS is the distance, your opponent probably wont figure you'll hit him from a good distance away. Also, the jHS generally clashes easy with special uppercuts.

I didn't see any post Zappa match/combo video thread so I'm putting it here. It's not me but this is one crazy Korean zappa player's play in 3 on 3 tourny. His name is 'Nanginzappa.' He is not used to play in the arcade but he was forced to play in different conditions becuase it's tournament...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQcbOoDtfJo