Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celerity

[CP1.0] Izayoi Combo Thread - Better Late than Never! (Updated 03/28/14)

Hopefully this thread isnt too dead

Im having trouble with the second combo for her normal mode, notably the j.BAC part. I read the timing and I can do the j.BAC loop off a forward throw 214B 5C starter. The problem Im seeing is for that specific combo, it seems the the 5C hits at max range which alters the execution of the j.BAC loop. I've done it only once out of 100 or so times and wanted some advice as the tips says it should work at any position

Can you list the full combo you do to start j.BAC? Off of a 5A/2A starter it doesn't work. 

To practice the loop:

B+C > 214B > 5C > j.B (delay) j.AC > 5AC

The combo I'm having trouble with:

5B > 5C > 236B > 214A > 2B > 5C > j.BAC

Done on Jin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

To practice the loop:

B+C > 214B > 5C > j.B (delay) j.AC > 5AC

The combo I'm having trouble with:

5B > 5C > 236B > 214A > 2B > 5C > j.BAC

Done on Jin

It's hard to say without being able to see you do the combo. You may have to delay the jB part a little more then you think, visually if jC is hitting at the part where she has her sword behind her and you are bellow your opponent that's usually means you can link the 5A part. It's gonna be a lot of trial and error cause the timings are always different character to character (and some have similar or identical timing).

Okay guess I'll just keep trying different timings. If I can't do it consistently by tmw night I'll make a video

I'm having triuble landing 66 j.C after 623C. I was wondering if someone could give me tips on how to do it.

I'm having triuble landing 66 j.C after 623C. I was wondering if someone could give me tips on how to do it.

It's possible that you're doing the 623C too early, which will leave them too high for 66 j.C to connect. Try delaying the 5A and 623C as much as you can to keep them low.

Well since I don't know when the 1.1 combo thread is gonna be up I thought I'd share some stuff I got. 

Fatal GA 3C 2C 5C 2C(1) 236B~214A 2C slight delay 3C 236C~6D 214B 5B 5C JC jB jC JC jB jC 236C~D

dmg: 4840 

-2 stock

I'm sure theirs better stuff out their or will be discovered but with someone with my execution being around average this isn't bad, the corner carry on this is pretty good, I was able to nearly go corner to corner with this, and will corner carry if you are mid screen. 

GA jA+B 3C 236B 214A 2B 5C JC jB jC JC jB jC 236C~D

dmg; 3098

-1 stock

We can discuss 1.1 stuff in here for now, until we have some groundwork for a decent 1.1 OP. This is a super busy week for me, so it might be a few days before I can really dig into the game.

can someone kick some midscreen and corner bnbs in? or is it just 1.0 combos with an extra 3c in

The combos pretty much are the same with maybe adding 3C somewhere in the combo, though I think the damage might be different cause she does do a little less damage now.

So you can do NM 3c > 236b > 214b > 2a > (623c > j.C > j.D) or (623b > 214b > 623b). Side switches close up, could be very useful with your back near the wall

Corner throw GA 3.709 without phorizer. 4,369 with it -1stock.

Throw><b>623B~A</b>>2C(2)>5C>2C(1)>236B>214A>2C(2)>6C>623C~D>236236C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BFDAN9ZxBQ&hd=1

Must be because I don't really log onto Dustloop that much in general and I haven't touched 1.1 yet but does this recover faster than the usual 236C~A now?

Maybe? Iirc 623b has the faster startup so I just assumed itd have the least total frames tho I never actually tested this and could just be crazy

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020N using Tapatalk

Corner throw GA 3.709 without phorizer. 4,369 with it -1stock.

Throw>623B~A>2C(2)>5C>2C(1)>236B>214A>2C(2)>6C>623C~D>236236C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BFDAN9ZxBQ&hd=1

This works with 236B and 236C stance cancel also, I think its gonna be preference which version you want to cancel with.  

Throw 236C~A 2C 3C 236C~6D 2C 236B 214A 2C(1) 3C 236C~A does 3.9k

Throw 236C~A 2C(1) 3C 236C~6D 2C 236B 2C 6C 623C~D is like 4.1? I got 4.3k another way but that combo is hella char specific and even then its pretty hard hahaha

@Justice: I think you pretty much just have to time it a certain way, late enough so that you don't slide under the opponent, but early enough that they don't tech. I've been practicing it too, but I still need more practice since I never did that before the patch since it wasn't all that useful then.

The cancelable Justice Phorizer from Strike Fall is super useful. I used to always end my combos with j.BC -> j.BC because that was the only good way to do Justice Phorizer after Strike Fall, but now it seems like almost anything that ends with Strike Fall works now.

Can someone tell me if it is still possible to do this combo in 1.1:

5B > 5C/2C > 236B > 214A > 2B > 5C > j.BAC > 5A > 623B > 214B > 623C > dash > j.C > j.236C - [3410/24/+8]
(May need to use 2A instead of 2B against smaller characters.)

I am trying to get into this Combo but i can not hit with the j.C in j.BAC because the Opponent (tried it against Azrael) is too high for the j.C.

I read the Timing Tips part but it did not help me that much. If i delay the A more Az is even higher... Am i doing something wrong is the combo not working anymore?

Can someone tell me if it is still possible to do this combo in 1.1:

I am trying to get into this Combo but i can not hit with the j.C in j.BAC because the Opponent (tried it against Azrael) is too high for the j.C.

I read the Timing Tips part but it did not help me that much. If i delay the A more Az is even higher... Am i doing something wrong is the combo not working anymore?

Still works, you may have to press jC right after a delayed jA, if done right it will look like she's hitting them with the tip of her sword when its behind her.

You can hit 6k off a 2C starter with:

2C ODC 5C 2C Transam 5C 2C [2A/5A 2C]x3 236C~6D Phorizer.

If you're at low enough health that you're still in OD for the Phorizer, you get about 6.3k. Otherwise it's 6k. You can switch the Transam and ODC if you're not worried about them bursting and need to stretch the OD duration a bit.

It works off anything that isn't a short starter and goes into 2C (typically dash overhead > 5C 2C) by dropping one 2A 2C rep at the end, but proration will significantly reduce overall damage. I think j.C starter into Transam combo is only a bit over 4k with Phorizer ender. You're better off going for a reset in those cases.