Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celerity

[CP1.0] Izayoi Combo Thread - Better Late than Never! (Updated 03/28/14)

You can hit 6k off a 2C starter with:

2C ODC 5C 2C Transam 5C 2C [2A/5A 2C]x3 236C~6D Phorizer.

If you're at low enough health that you're still in OD for the Phorizer, you get about 6.3k. Otherwise it's 6k. You can switch the Transam and ODC if you're not worried about them bursting and need to stretch the OD duration a bit.

It works off anything that isn't a short starter and goes into 2C (typically dash overhead > 5C 2C) by dropping one 2A 2C rep at the end, but proration will significantly reduce overall damage. I think j.C starter into Transam combo is only a bit over 4k with Phorizer ender. You're better off going for a reset in those cases.

Thanks, this seems legit and easy! I'm gonna try it out for the sake of justice :IZ:

Slightly easier variation of the corner throw combo SKD posted, using CT instead of cancel:

[1 Stock + 25%] Throw > CT > 2C(1) > 3C > 236C~6D >  2C > 236B~214A > 2C(1) > 3C > 236C~A  [4378 DMG] [17% HG]

EDIT: wanted to point out that instead of ending in 236C~A stance cancel, you can opt for 214B to mix it up. Not many people expect a corner cross-up.

If you're having trouble with it, you can always use the input buffer and hold 2C a little early like you can do for 2B in the normal mode BnBs.

I know about the input buffer and using 3C instead of using 2C(1), just saying i never like doing them even with the buffer cause it still feels tight to do.

Hello, I've been trying izayoi the past 2 months and I'm now bothering with OD combos even if I never see them in match vids.

Sorry I'm not familiar with the prorates of each normal. Is starting the combo like this is fine?

2d > OD > 5B 5C 3D > 236C~6D

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here, cause 2D and 3D are the exact same thing to start. If you mean 3C that does work, otherwise could you explain what you are looking for?

My apologies, I will need to overhaul this thread for 1.1 after I finish with all the Marie/Rise stuff. SKD's thread is great but it only covers normal mode.

As for the question at hand, the reason you don't see Izayoi OD combos is because Izayoi's OD doesn't add significant damage or shorten the recovery of her moves in any meaningful way. You can throw it in after a 2C in order to gain some extra stocks and ~200 more damage from a 236236C ender, but that's about it, from what I've tested.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here, cause 2D and 3D are the exact same thing to start. If you mean 3C that does work, otherwise could you explain what you are looking for?

I think he means switch to GA mode and start with 5B.

Sorry, was being a dumbass back there. I somehow assumed that OD doubles the damage of iza's normals or something.

My apologies, I will need to overhaul this thread for 1.1 after I finish with all the Marie/Rise stuff. SKD's thread is great but it only covers normal mode.

As for the question at hand, the reason you don't see Izayoi OD combos is because Izayoi's OD doesn't add significant damage or shorten the recovery of her moves in any meaningful way. You can throw it in after a 2C in order to gain some extra stocks and ~200 more damage from a 236236C ender, but that's about it, from what I've tested.

It's okay off a Slaver Trans-Am starter (something like j.B 5C 2C Trans-Am, 5C 2C ODC 5C 2C 5A 2C > reset > etc.  Mostly it ensures that you have enough meter to actually do something significant with the reset you do, i.e. if you do 2C > TK Noir reset you're going to need 3-4 stocks if you want enough damage to make a kill likely which means you'd have to start at 8 stocks once you factor in the 4 stocks needed to activate Trans-Am.