Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION Gameplay Discussion Thread

Selvy's move image has been updated on mizuumi

Awesome, thank you.

I'm gonna start cleaning up the combo section now, add some descriptions and actual formatting(!) to the BnBs I just kinda threw up there.

Who's easy to use aside from Shana? Think I need to hold off using Selvaria until I get the basics down of this game first.

Asuna.

EDIT: Actually, most characters are pretty easy.

Found a quick and dirty way to improve my anti-air somewhat with Selvaria/Alicia.

Up until now I had been confirming anti-air 5B into basic jump cancel combos, but I found that for 1 bar I can get a lot more consistent, damaging followups by doing 5B > 5A+B(1) or 2A+B(1) > 5S. Works at multiple heights/distances, works from jump blockstrings into 5A > 5B air unblockable, works from basic 5A > 5B anti-air tick, and it seems to be consistent against midgets like Tomoka too (though I think I should test it against Asuna too, I think she had kind of a weird air hitbox). No timing nuances, just support cancel ASAP from the first hit of whatever Impact Skill. Pop, pop, boom, combo.

Only downside is you're STILL stuck trying to anti-air characters like Kirino with Sel's meh anti-air. (She has good vertical range with 5A and 5B, but she puts so much of her hurtbox in there too. If I have a choice, I like to try and slip under and anti-air landing recovery with 2A or something instead, but against characters with great double-jump games like Kirino, those opportunities are much rarer.)

EDIT: oh my God Rentaro combos are so much fun 214A+B 214A+B 214A+B over and over and over again...

Thanks Silvius. I'm gonna stick with Rentaro/Enju for now, seems like a lot of easy/powerful combo potential there. 

Duh of course his shit is fun that's why all the combo's I posted are like 4-5 meters lol. It does some good damage but it's mostly the showmanship

Now that I've spent all this time with assists, I'll get started on the assist description, pictures, and damage very soon on the wiki. Not sure how to make the background itself transparent in photoshop yet, but I'll try my damnedest. 

Doing good work Seabass, just remember with assists that recover health or meter that after the first use later uses in a round have diminished gains.

If possible can you also put each assist's 5S and 6S version's cooldown if you can get a number for them?

Also I believe with Shana's Hien (236 A/B/C) the damage it deals decreases the further away she is.  At point blank I think it does 800 raw, midscreen 600, and full screen away it's damage dropped to 400.  Can someone confirm this for me?

Was thinking of putting in some work on Ayase's page but it might be better off left blank lol. I have a feeling nobody contributed anything for a reason ( ̄へ ̄)

Adding a punishes section to the Selvaria page.

Good work , add that for the 2C starter (counter) : 2C 214A 5A jump cancel j.A j.B double jump j.B j.C 214C 214A+B (then alicia grenade or whatever you want)

Here some other example : http://youtu.be/S1IOw8McuHc

Good work , add that for the 2C starter (counter) : 2C 214A 5A jump cancel j.A j.B double jump j.B j.C 214C 214A+B (then alicia grenade or whatever you want)

Here some other example : http://youtu.be/S1IOw8McuHc

Is that link character-specific or just really, really hard? I'm trying it right now against Tomoka and I'm missing it, but I also expect she might be too tiny to hit with that series at all. I'll try it again with somebody really huge like Sel herself, I guess.

EDIT: I see that you can hit people lower in the air with a late special cancel to 214A, but MAN that link is SUPER hard. Gotta be 1 frame or nothing. I don't suppose there's a BlazBlue hold buffer in this game?

EDIT 2: Oh, okay, I see the trick. You have to be at long range when you hit the sweep or else you don't get maximum untech time from hitting late enough with 214A. I was lazy and instead of recreating my pushblock setup, I just set the dummy to counter hit and tried it from point-blank.

EDIT 4: Current Alicia route I'm trying to work out from that starter is 2C (counter) > 214A > 5A > 5B > 2A+B(1) > 5S > etc. Writing it all down for academic purposes, but I don't think I'd try that combo in a real match, heh. Probably just chicken out and do like 2C (counter) > 5A+B(1) > Alicia > whatever instead.

Final non-Trump combo I came up with was 2C (counter) > 214A > 5A > 5B > 2A+B(1) > Alicia 5S > jB > jC > djB >djC > j236C > j236A+B > 41236B+C A+C = 5182. That is DAMN nice.

Now that I understand how to space that link (from max 2B range or max 2C range), it's a LOT easier to pull off. Thanks Silvius. I could actually do these in real matches!

Yeah space is key in this max range punish , if you're too close just do 5[C] 5B 5A+B into alicia blablablah

Regarding Enju assists, you have to mention the Clean Hit properties.

If she hits your foe's hitbox a certain way the camera will zoom in and the assist does more damage. It's especially important since the 5S version will only do the second kick move if the first one has clean-hit before it and it IS possible for the 5 to clean hit, it's just rare due to the way in which it tends to hit but I've had it happen.

Also 6S with Enju is a DP when done from a trump card state while blocking (you input 1S) since she's invincible and the attack is very quick. All in all this assist has more that meets the eye in every which way and is awesome.

Hey guys, does anyone have any match vids of high level Yukina play that I can study off of? Much appreciated.

Fuck BiriBiri (Misaka) if I do not fight her with Enju or Accelerator as assist then I cannot fight her at all because she spams stuff ad I cannot even get close to her.

Btw, I main Yukina/kojou

Fuck BiriBiri (Misaka) if I do not fight her with Enju or Accelerator as assist then I cannot fight her at all because she spams stuff ad I cannot even get close to her.

Btw, I main Yukina/kojou

You might want to try Pai with Yukina, her 6S will keep in check Misakas that like to be in the air a lot (most do) and her 5S gives you strong pressure, and both works really well with Yukina potential.

For most of the cast the Kino, Leafa, and Enju are good assists in neutral as well as combo set-ups into power blasts.

If you have set-ups into hard knockdown Ryuuji, Koko, and Mashiro are good choices since they make the opponent have to block on wake-up (or attempt to use a trump card).

Misaka's projectile game isn't as strong as you think, her 5C when held down works as a sufficient anti-air but it has a deadspot on the ground 2-3 characters away.  Same thing is with her j.C when held down, it only hits a set length (2-3 characters away or so).  The held version is jump cancelable on hit and block so trying to run after blocking one will get you hit.  On defense Misaka is rather weak, her 2AB doesn't function well as an anti-air (if at all) so without meter all she can attempt as a reversal is her Trump Card (The hitbox is bad, not even the whole vending machine).

With Yukina, you want an assist that you can use for pressure/mixups when her potential is active, so Kino, Leafa and Enju aren't as good as a choice as with a lot of other characters I think, I would rate Leafa a bit above the other two thanks to her 5S, she's not the best but is an ok choice.

For the lockdown assists, I would rule out Ryuuji as Yukina will have a difficult time using him outside of active potential + trump card mode, also it will make the opponent come out of corner when blocked which I think Yukina don't want, and finally she doesn't get anything on the combo side from him.

Mashiro and Kouko are better, those two give power blast combos (Kouko being a bit stronger on this), and both gives good lockdown, Kouko takes a bit more time to activate and recover but I like her 6S a bit more than Mashiro's one for corner pressure, but some people may think otherwise. The weakness of those two is that they don't give you anything to work with in neutral.

Actually when I think of it, Mashiro and Kouko kinda work like Koujo with Yukina, but he works better IMO, so I guess that's why he's the assist of choice of arcade players.

Outside of Pai that I talked about in my previous post, one another assist that I think work pretty well with Yukina is Dokuro-chan, her 5S is very strong in combos and can be use for some extended pressure and neutral, 6S is a good projectile in neutral, can be used in corner combos or to get a knockdown.

So between Kojou, Pai and Dokuro, all three work very well for combos (Kojou does more damage but has longer cooldown), Kojou gives the best mixups thanks to his 5S but his pretty weak in neutral, Pai is more of an allrounder with some emphasis on pressure, Dokuro is also an allrounder but with more emphasis on neutral.