Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION Gameplay Discussion Thread

Kubo's matchup list for Kirino is sort of funny

https://twitter.com/kubo0055/status/452986749858217984

Basically it's translated to:

Asuna; I can't use 236A so it's bad

Shana: I can't use 236A so it's bad

Mikoto: I can't use airdash so it's bad

Tomoka: I can't use 236A so it's bad

Shizuo: Good matchup

Kuroyukihime: I've got mobility so it's good

Kirito: I can't use 236A so it's bad

There's a lot of useful information at http://sp.cliapm.info/index.php if people want to see what characters people use and lose to (GO1 uses Kirito, loses the most to Shana followed by Kuroyukihime.)

If we go by grade breakdown for the top 50 there's:

6 Kirito (the first Kirito after GO1 is 20th place)

13 Tomoka

5 Kuroyukihime (the first Kuroyukihime after bobu (melty player, 3rd overall) is 19th)

8 Shana

5 Asuna

8 Kirino

4 Mikoto (the first Mikoto period is in 15th)

1 Shizuo (at 21st, KOG trying to make it work of course)

So Kirino and Shana have the best mobility?

Is this one of those situations where your character sucks ass against 95% of the cast but is good against the one top tier character that everyone uses, i.e. CT Bang?

Is this one of those situations where your character sucks ass against 95% of the cast but is good against the one top tier character that everyone uses, i.e. CT Bang?

It's hard to say, GO1 has a 90+% win rate against every character in the game except for Shana (at 87%), KYH is next lowest at 90% for him.  That being said, I think he's not above being biased against that character, it could be bobu is the main source of all his losses to her.

If we go by bobu's statistics (3rd overall, 1st KYH), he has substantial losses to Shana (65% WR) and Kirito (68% WR), and I can only assume the Kirito he's losing to is GO1.

It's hard to say, GO1 has a 90+% win rate against every character in the game except for Shana (at 87%), KYH is next lowest at 90% for him.  That being said, I think he's not above being biased against that character, it could be bobu is the main source of all his losses to her.

If we go by bobu's statistics (3rd overall, 1st KYH), he has substantial losses to Shana (65% WR) and Kirito (68% WR), and I can only assume the Kirito he's losing to is GO1.

do you know Jin's rates btw? he should still be no.1  Asuna, im just curious who he's losing to most.

do you know Jin's rates btw? he should still be no.1  Asuna, im just curious who he's losing to most.

Here

Kirino and Kuroyukihime tie. Jin has 73% win percentage against those two. His best win percentage is against Asuna, 96% (four loses)

Here

Kirino and Kuroyukihime tie. Jin has 73% win percentage against those two. His best win percentage is against Asuna, 96% (four loses)

knows his character well, just like in UNiEL. thanks, btw!  just trying to piece together an idea of what asuna will struggle with, cause if this drops on console i'd plan to play her.

Man...the more I watch this game, the sadder I get...

Noticed that there is a 7th Dragon stage, having a 7th Dragon 2020 character playable would've been cool ; -;

and Vector-man ; A;

So much Shana and Oreimo MC in the latest a-cho set orz

I will post the video later if I can find it but Leafa's second assist is where she flies straight through the air twice. The first flyby she is at about character head length and the second one is slightly higher. Kiritos use it the second hit as a combo extender.

Also I've updated the thread with a bit more information on Misaka and Kirino, I want everyone to get the same treatment overtime. It's a work in progress but if theres any translators who want to contribute with translations of the dengeki articles for each character that would be nice ~

This is obviously late, but if you're talking about the Character assessment articles they posted before the game's released, Sourenga showed translations of at least parts of Shana and Kirito's in the old thread.

電撃文庫 FIGHTING CLIMAX(ファイティング クライマックス) プレイヤーズガイドブック by 電撃攻略本編集部 (Players Guide)

Amazon JP: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4048665022/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_9O4rtb12PRNKP

CD Japan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1651107

---

Arcade Profile Site Rip

Colors: http://kurushii.tv/Dustloop/DFC/Graphics/Colors/

Icons: http://kurushii.tv/Dustloop/DFC/Graphics/Icons/

Plates: http://kurushii.tv/Dustloop/DFC/Graphics/Plates/

Thanks a bunch!

A lot of neat alternate colors; I'm thrilled to see visible cameo palettes in there too!

Speaking of which, the last palette of each set is a SEGA reference... Touma with the Sonic colors is the best one, hands down.

(EDIT: This color from Touma doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight... it's from the first loketest. Removed?)

Man...the more I watch this game, the sadder I get...

Noticed that there is a 7th Dragon stage, having a 7th Dragon 2020 character playable would've been cool ; -;

you can find about all the stages in jp wiki  http://seesaawiki.jp/dengeki_fc/d/%a4%e8%a4%af%a4%a2%a4%eb%bc%c1%cc%e4#content_2_4

Sonic the Hedgehog
Border Break
7th Dragon
Virtua Fighter 5
Phantasy Star Online 2
NiGHTS
Shinobi
Valkyria Chronicles
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On

btw, http://d.hatena.ne.jp/French-Bread/20140411

I wonder how Kuroneko's palettes work, since it changes between her Assists. Probably the Shironeko one is fixed?

I have a feeling that a lot of these palettes are references that just go over my head. At the very least, I'm glad to see a Taiga palette on Shana and can't help but admire their dedication to put the aloha pattern only on one of Touma's palettes.

(EDIT: This color from Touma doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight... it's from the first loketest. Removed?)

It was most likely for the first loketest only, as we never had footage from the second loketest that added Holo, Boogiepop and Maou as assist characters. Other than that, it was replaced, but looking at the shoe color makes me think it was the original palette for Touma's #4.

Are they ever going to add any Sega characters besides Akira (who isn't even playable ATM) to justify the stages? Aesthetically, this game is the biggest random hodgepodge since Playstation All-Stars.

Dengeki Bunko System Mechanics

Here's a combination of things I've learned about the game system.  Wrote this up while drinking a beer after a long day.  A lot of this is thanks to help and conversations with kubo.  I tried to highlight in blue the real game-breaking shit and bold generally important things for those with no attention span.

Basically, DFC is, of course, a young game.  Knowing the system is the most important part of this game.  This is what I learned from over $200 of arcade games so you don't have to.  Hopefully ww 

fuckshana.jpg
I'll try to make this a good read, since I know 95% of people who read this can't play the game yet.  This is what's -happening- in the game.  So you know why people do shit like relentelessly reflect guard assists and why they always go for power blast first

Basics/Foundation

--What are the buttons?  Basic game mechanics?  Trump cards?  What are climax arts/climax skills?  Bloody hell is the grab button?  Extend?! Reflect guarding????

Here I'll condense what we can learn from Setsuna's first post, as if you saw that chart and were about to sit down in an arcade and play it for the first time.  You can skip this part if you're familiar already.

The game works on 4 buttons, A, B, C, and D.  These are layed out in a typical fighting game format (no persona bullshit).  D is your assist button.  A+B is your climax skills.  B+C are your climax arts.  A+C is your trumpcard (kirifuda - the littler dengeki symbols on the bottom right).  Charging moves is done by holding down buttons. They're called "extends".  

Climax skills have a variety of special properties for each character.  Most climax skills have super armor attached to them.  Generally speaking, most characters 4(A+B) is an overhead.  2(A+B) is some sort of extremely short range move with a lot of super armor that will generally beat most normals (or is a counter).  (A+B) is a ground rush move.  This is what makes Dengeki different from other fighting games.  Most moves don't have invincibility frames except for some climax arts and trump cards.  There is no "DP" in this game.  That's what makes it interesting and sets it apart. Reversals and defeating some things in neutrals depends on effective use of your (often punishable on block) climax skills. 

The combo system goes A -> B -> C -> Climax Skills -> Climax Arts.  You can't break this system while comboing, unless you use a combo-blast, in which you can break this chain for that combo only.  (More on that later.)  

You can perform grabs by inputting 6+C, or 4+C while next to an opponent.  It is important to realize that if your opponent is in block stun, even by an assist, your grab won't come out (you'll get 5C and probably get punished).  Reflect Guarding is done by inputting any two combination of buttons (I reccommend A+B) while in guard stun.  You can use reflect guard on your opponents assists and it will push your opponent away.

You can see Setsuna's write up for more specific system information, such as the potentials for each character (their passive traits and how to unlock them.)  

Blasts

In this game blasts are plentiful.  I personally find the meter management to be very difficult in this game.  In one round you can see 3/4 blasts happen.  First off, there are three kinds of blasts in this game.  

If you have low health, the blast bar recharges even faster.  

-Power Blast-

You use power blast in neutral.  A+B+C

You gain one full meter just for using power blast.
If power blast hits your opponent you'll gain another entire meter bar.

Power blast can be used as a reversal as long as you're not being hit.  It's fully invincible.  It's sort of like "heat" in melty blood.  If you do get hit during activation though, it'll turn into an escape blast (like a burst).  You can't follow up on this, the recovery is too long.

If your opponent blocks the power blast you activate, you're at a frame disadvantage.  

You gain "Power Up"
In "Power Up" -
You gain a little bit of health.  
Your defense goes up.  
Your damage goes up.
Power blast restores your meter VERY quickly over time.  Jesus christ.  

Potentials for every character can be found on Setsuna's post.  Those benefits can be stacked with power up.

-Escape Blast-

You can use it while in hit or guard stun.  A+B+C

Using escape blast takes the longest amount of time to recover for your next potential blast.  It's the standard, I'm in hit stun or being combo'd, get off me.  If your opponent is high HP, and you are low HP, it's worth it to sometimes lose a round if you have no meter.  It's really bad.  

The shockwave from Escape Blast is guardable.

The escape blast comes out the fastest.  Power blast and Combo Blast come out a bit slower.

-Combo Blast-

You can activate this while doing a combo.  A+B+C 
You gain one meter for using combo blast.
The combo blast can knock your opponent into the wall for a wall bounce. 
It's fully invincible. 
The hit is untechable. 
Blast gauge recovers pretty fast.

If you fuck up and drop your combo on the hit you combo blast and your opponent blocks it, it's -probably- safe.  Apparently this happened once, but I haven't tested it personally.

As mentioned above, you can break your A->B->C...chain and pretty much do whatever your want.  The extra meter usually allows for a low-prorated climax arts finish.  

Reflect Guarding (Any two button combination while in guard stun.)

-It takes 10% guage to use if you have more health than your opponent.
-It takes no meter to use if you have less health than your opponent.  
-You can reflect your opponent's assist and it pushed back the opposing player (possibly a bug).

Trump Cards A+C

Trump cards (I like to call them dengekis - after the electric symbol on the bottom right) are limited to a maximum of 2.  If you have less than two, if you lose a round you gain one back.

They're different for every character.  Most are invincible, mode changes, or cancels.  

You'll notice a little bar recharge after you use one.  This is the best bar ever.

During the time of that bar:

All your normals become jump cancellable.  
You break combo chaining norms, just like combo blast.  
Cancelling into your support costs no guage at all.
The animation for calling your assist does not exist. (Possibly a bug.)
You can call for your assist in the air.

Trump cards have a second use - they can be activated during your Climax Arts.  They'll increase the damage of your climax art.  For the kill.

========================

Well, I wrote this up hoping to generate some interest from long-time veterans of fg's to get willing to give this game a try/help people understand decisions people make in videos a little bit more.  I think the game has the right characters to bring in new blood, and despite it's presentation, has the simplicity and complexity to be a popular game for all kinds of players. 

Gladly will teach/play if anyone is in Japan or wants to visit.  French Bread will be doing a stream soon, so hopefully they'll announce a PS3 version of this game. 

#whensDFC

At the very least, I'm glad to see a Taiga palette on Shana

I still mad, bro.

And her eyes, shoes, and ribbon are the wrong color for a Taiga palette.

I'm going to be as mad about this as possible.

Dengeki Bunko System Mechanics

thanks for this write-up, I haven't watched a whole lot of vids for this game because

1. it's ugly
  2. I have no idea wtf people are doing

this doesn't help the first issue but it does alleviate the second, I'll take some time to watch stuff today

:ballAI:  :ballAI:  :ballAI:

Another Tier List made (Source:https://twitter.com/hummer10311/status/456692944548798464 )

A: Kuroyukihime

A-: Shana, Kirino, Kirito

B: Asuna

C: Tomoka, Mikoto

C-: Shizuo

Looks about the same as the tier list made by G-O1 except we omitted an S rank and just lumped Kirito a lot with Shana and Kirino