Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setsuna

Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION Gameplay Discussion Thread

Hm... so no special editions or preorder bonuses announced yet?  Guess I'll wait on preordering a bit longer.

Perhaps. But you may never know. The console release date for this game was announced a couple of days ago. So, it's likely that there could announcements special or limited editions from now until the game's eventual release date. Plus, doesn't Japan take anime related games and its events to highly?

Maybe there will be one or not? Who knows "shrugs shoulders"? But for now all we can do now is sit back, wait, and see what happens.

I saw a youtube video where some guy commentatoring things about the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yRmt9uLeh0

The interesting part is at 2:15 where he says that the game will have 4 new playable charaters and 4 new support charaters (total of 8).

Anyone can confirm this from another source (jp twitter, niconico etc)? or it is a made up thing?

@Relunx they are already appeared on arcade update now & the trailer was weeks ago, only left is Akira & another character. Perhaps could be on last Arcade update before console release November

The "4 new characters and assists" are probably the ones updated into the game since it came out in arcades (ie. Taiga, Miyuki, Yukina, Rentarou). I wouldn't hold your breathe for playable Akira, if any characters did get added from here I think the popular demand right now is Accelerator from Index and a character from Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.

Well from now until the games console release,there could be a chance for console/post DLC exclusive characters for this game similar to how Nanase and Byakuya from UNIEL and Rise and Ken etc. from Ultimax were.

I fully agree with Setsuna. No matter how i think about it, the time frame used for adding new characters, both before the game launched (Mikoto, Kirino, Shizuo, Kuroyukihime, Tomoka, Kirito) and after the game launched (Taiga, Miyuki, Yukina, Rentarou) was waaaay too small.

For sure it wasn't the time actually used for developing those characters (deciding who will be playable, designing the moves of each one, making every sprite of each one,  etc). They were already maked long before, or at least were close to completion, and then they holded the release of each character for a convenient moment. The game probably was in production in secret for at least 1 year before the first trailler.

Looking at it like this, one day they will run out of material that they produced in advance. We can't expect them to continue pulling rabbits out of the hat indefinitely. This is a game done in 2D, using sprites....even if they are simplified, it takes a lot of time to actually produce them. Console release may be one of the "convenient moments", and they may have a surprise...but i wouldn't hold my breath or expect things they didn't promised to do. Let's not turn it into a unrealistic wishlist....

Just as a comparision with ggXRD

Acording to famitsu article (

http://www.4gamer.net/games/216/G021678/20140703095/) "First concept emerged in 2008, production started in 2011. They made a prototype movie that convinced them to use 3D graphics. Production ramped up to full scale mid-2012 and continued until the end of 2013".

Take this time frame as a basis. Notice that the arcade release was in February 20, 2014 , and the console release is marked for December 4.

Notice that even using 3D models instead of sprites, the game came out with 13 characters, and later the boss was maked playable. For sure, she wasn't a full new character created in 2 months, she was already ready, and just holded to be released in a convenient moment. The 3D model of the new character of the console version, Sin, was already done at that time too.

Can we blame them? No, look at how many titles and updates were launched from 2008 to now. They were multitasking at least 3 projects at the same time all the time. It would be unrealistic to expect them to "add all ggxxac+r chars to xrd". And the same goes for french bread and sega.

The "4 new characters and assists" are probably the ones updated into the game since it came out in arcades (ie. Taiga, Miyuki, Yukina, Rentarou). I wouldn't hold your breathe for playable Akira, if any characters did get added from here I think the popular demand right now is Accelerator from Index and a character from Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.

We need Accelerator, the game is nothing without Accelerator, he has to be in the game, so when's Accelerator?

ps: I worship Accelerator.

Speaking of Accelerator, some best supporting & villains should be in as well. It's like i'm thinking about how will Izaya's gameplay look like if he's confirmed, Terumi/stompy snake guy's?

Dengeki Bunko: FIGHTING CLIMAX [sega Store Limited Edition] Playasia Links:
PS3: http://www.play-asia.com/dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax-sega-store-limited-edition-paOS-13-49-en-70-82dp.html
PSV: http://www.play-asia.com/dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax-sega-store-limited-edition-paOS-13-49-en-70-82dr.html

Contents:

• Game: Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax
  • Wallscroll
  • Badge
  • Fighting Climax Magazine

I'm going to pass on it with those prices (too many games coming out this year).  Looking forward to seeing how the wallscroll looks though.

Should I get this digital or physical (well if I get it cuz project diva f 2nd is being released "at the same time") because ima big anime fan but I don't like waiting for stuff that I can get digitally because the time difference is huge imo and when I got BBCP it took like 1 week (I got a used copy of ebay from a person in Greece and it was the limited edition case and I got song interlude 2 azwell so it was worth it) and I was loosing my mind because of the wait.  

I'm messaging amiami to see if they'll be listing the Sega Store edition, I'm going to get one regardless unless both have different wallscrolls then RIP my wallet

I hope amiami does have the special edition, I know they upgrade you free of charge if you ask... 

Hopefully it does.  That's a huge mark up considering it's roughly 7500 yen originally or so.

Edit:  But it makes sense for PA to do so of course

Keep in mind the "Express" shipping cost on Solaris due to the wallscroll, it'll be about the same on Play-asia as well. So if you were to include shipping in your purchase it'll be like this using the PS3 LE as an example:
Solaris: 130-ish
Playasia- 170-ish

Keep in mind the "Express" shipping cost on Solaris, though it'll technically be cheaper still then Play-Asia don't expect $99 + the usual shipping cost from sites like Play-Asia lol

It's an oversided item because of the wallscroll. Maybe you should of looked at the Play-Asia shipping prices before making that statement.

It's an oversided item because of the wallscroll. Maybe you should of looked at the Play-Asia shipping prices before making that statement.

My apologies, I worded that horribly wrong. I used PAs shipping as a example (assuming most people here use PA) tl;dr of post don't expect 15 shipping